Couple of questions - Skin/Eyesight

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ns94, Dec 14, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

After flicking through various threads I've not found definitive answers to a couple of my questions. I know it is a case of just "seeing how it goes" but hopefully I may get an answer or two.

1. I have a small cyst on my shoulder blade which has become apparent since my medical. At first I thought nothing of it. But I have Raleigh in March and I've been deliberating as to whether it should be removed or not before I leave. The small procedure is simply an incision and a couple of stitches, no biggie. It doesn't affect me at all, it's just unsightly. If I went through with it and had it removed, would I be prevented from progressing in Raleigh as there can be a wait times?

2. Fairly less convoluted - is there an eyesight test at Raleigh and, if so, when?

3. Acne - During my 'teens' I suffered from acne. I passed my medical with scarring but since it's come back on the back of my neck through exercise. Simply - is there anyone who experienced a similar issue and what was said at Raleigh? Anything is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading.