Countries you are allowed to visit on leave

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by Submarinerjoey, Apr 15, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,
    I was just planning a holiday as I am off crew at the moment, I was just wondering what countries RN personnel are not allowed to go when on leave and also what countries you need permission for? If anyone can let me know that would be great. cheers
  2. Try the UPO.
  3. It often depends on clearance level you hold and where you work.

You can definitely write off N.Korea, Iran, China (inc Hong Kong), Russia etc amongst others.

Some countries you'd assume would be fine to visit require permission (think India is one for example).

Best bet is to check with your unit security officer for an up to date list.
  4. Nope. You can go to China and Russia, I did recently with no snags at all. USO has the details.
  5. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Speak to your Unit Security Officer. It's all in JSP 440.

If you are going to China assume any electronics you have will be compromised, any data you view on the internet will be on a Chinese Intel Server and that your room and phone are bugged.

When we send staff there they take a Blackberry that only receives emails that go through a censor and on return to Ottawa the phone is put in a foil bag and smashed to ****.

Russia is not far off the same.

Russia - watch for the honeypot trap. They are very keen to recruit potential agents, RN people are high on their list of "must haves".

Cyprus is crazy batshit with spies so what your step.

The old fashion attractive lady back to your room drugs to loosen up and photos taken of you with men, women and animals is still happening.
  6. Well, I can't go to Russia or China. Like I said. Depends on clearances and where you are drafted.
  7. Where and how? I am open to this!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  9. [QUOTE="
    The old fashion attractive lady back to your room drugs to loosen up and photos taken of you with men, women and animals is still happening.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a run we had in Antwerp, I was ashore with the RO’s and we were in the bar and getting lashed up a treat, we smelt a rag but free booze is still free, so the RO’s said they were Cooks and knew nothing and stitched me up as the Kilick Greenie maintainer of comms. No honey trap showed so we invited them onboard for the next day and legged it once we had a chance. We reported it when back onboard, funny they never did visit and the bar stayed shut for the rest of our visit to Antwerp.
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

(Asking for a friend).
  11. What a friendly RN recruiter?:)