Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couldn't work this out.

Waspie

War Hero
Bought new double oven for the new palace!! OK, maybe not a palace more a Hobbit Hole!!! (But my Hobbit Hole).
Doing my on line search, found what I wanted.
John Lewis - Out of Stock.
Currys - Out of Stock.
AO - Out of Stock.
Hey Ho, Next - Yup they have one!! Whoooo Hoooo. Ordered, delivery date - two days hence. Bargain.

Who delivers it???

Kin AO!

Guess Covid's to blame!!! Seems responsible for everything these days!!!!

Taztiff

War Hero
Currys - Out of Stock.
Prats - have been refurbing our kitchen these last few weeks.
Last job was to get a gas pipe fitted and change the leccy cooker to gas.
Due to isolations / local Covid issues etc gas fitters kept delaying (would have thought they wanted work!)
So decided to order the cooker ready to fit in with whenever we could get a fitter.
None, nowt, bugger all!!! For some reason Currys vast stock (checked a week previously) was 'none available'!

Mrs T didn't like the other options so we bought a replacement leccy one from Argos, delivered next day.
Bonus is that I connected it up myself and didnt have to pay a plumber.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero

Turns out I'm a fully qualified gas fitter ............

Gas bottle, bit of orange tube, gas hob, change gas nozzles - job jobbed!

Waspie

War Hero
Prats - have been refurbing our kitchen these last few weeks.
Due to isolations / local Covid issues etc gas fitters kept delaying (would have thought they wanted work!)
So decided to order the cooker ready to fit in with whenever we could get a fitter.
None, nowt, bugger all!!! For some reason Currys vast stock (checked a week previously) was 'none available'!

Mrs T didn't like the other options so we bought a replacement leccy one from Argos, delivered next day.
Strange you should mention Currys gas fitters! The'Know How' team!!!! Kin laugh for a start Know how to not do sod all team!!

They should have delivered, installed and removed old gas hob Monday!!! Ha Effen Ha!!!
Delivered it alright. Quick butchers under old hob - Oh, you haven't got a separator plate!! Building regs, my job, if a knife should cut a metal tube. More, my jobs on the line. OK mate I get the message. You don't want to install it. What do I need to do so that you can install the bloody thing. Metal plate blah - blah!!!!
Last night, 2 hours on the phone to the 'Know How' team to arrange a new date for installation!! Cut off 3 times !!!!! Fuming is a mild word for how I felt.
Today, sheet of thin steel, I fabricated the 'separator, plate. Installed and how wait to be disappointed tomorrow when they 'promise' they will return for round two!!!!
Currys can go screw themselves from now on. Wasters, was gong to say wankers but I would lose money on betting the parts are too lazy to have a good one!!!!!

Taztiff

War Hero
Strange you should mention Currys gas fitters! The'Know How' team!!!! Kin laugh for a start Know how to not do sod all team!!

They should have delivered, installed and removed old gas hob Monday!!! Ha Effen Ha!!!
Delivered it alright. Quick butchers under old hob - Oh, you haven't got a separator plate!! Building regs, my job, if a knife should cut a metal tube. More, my jobs on the line. OK mate I get the message. You don't want to install it. What do I need to do so that you can install the bloody thing. Metal plate blah - blah!!!!
Last night, 2 hours on the phone to the 'Know How' team to arrange a new date for installation!! Cut off 3 times !!!!! Fuming is a mild word for how I felt.
Today, sheet of thin steel, I fabricated the 'separator, plate. Installed and how wait to be disappointed tomorrow when they 'promise' they will return for round two!!!!
Currys can go screw themselves from now on. Wasters, was gong to say ******* but I would lose money on betting the parts are too lazy to have a good one!!!!!
And breathe..............

Sumo

War Hero
Currys do sod all team, were to deliver and fit new range cooker and take away old. In shop we have 13 steps up to our door, that's ok our do sod all team ar used to delivering in Guzz. See delivery van outside and man looking at steps, knock on door, cannot deliver, toooooooo many steps H&S say max 2 steps, and your gates not wide enough. Goes into shop give manager grief, we will send out the A Team, I have now with gin big hammer and chisel widened gate gap. A Team show up, gate not wide enough, out tape measure, yes it is. A Team [email protected] say we have to carry in an harness, tooooooo many steps. Preempting this I had fall a few local removal companies, one said they did pre delivery checks for a big white good company before taking orders, but couldn't fit us in . Another did house visit, said £50 quid and give us 30 mins to get there. Tells A Team to drop at my gate, give removal team a call. First we know, knock on door, 2 guys with cooker in there hands, had to get gas fitter. This was just before last Christmas. Never buying nowt from them bunch of tossers again.

skyvet

GCM
Not cooker related, but my 50" plasma tv finally died, so I rang an electrical supplier in Larnaca, Cyprus (about 10 miles from where i live) to see what they had in stock. I'd bought from them before, so I knew they were good guys to deal with.
Decided on an LG 50" LCD tv, and said I'd pay cash on delivery.
Time between initial telephone call to supplier to new tv installed in my lounge : 1hr 25 minutes! That's what I call good customer service!

Waspie

War Hero
Hahahaha, guess what! Todays 'Know How' team are NOT now coming today!!! Text to say they will be here between 7am and 9pm tomorrow!!!

Not holding my breath!!!!

Carlogre

Oh, I so feel you! I am also not a very patient person... Especially when it comes to something I've been wanting for a long time like recently I've bought a new kitchen sink and the delivery took 2 weeks!!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Oh, I so feel you! I am also not a very patient person... Especially when it comes to something I've been wanting for a long time like recently I've bought a new kitchen sink and the delivery took 2 weeks!!
I thought things in New York were done quite quickly, happens fast on the telly.

Should have been completed Monday.

I'm not the most patient person. But I am quite grumpy!!!!!
Aye, and with Christmas Lunch looming those Leporidae of the order Lagomorpha/ Oryctolagus cuniculus don't usually cook themselves (a smidgeon of dynamite has helped 'em along in the past though...)

Taztiff

War Hero
I was thinking, "who eats moths for Christmas?"
Then it dawned - Leporidae not Lepidoptera!
Its early and I havnt finished my coffee yet......

Ballistic

War Hero
I was thinking, "who eats moths for Christmas?"
Then it dawned - Leporidae not Lepidoptera!
Its early and I havnt finished my coffee yet......