Couldn't do PJFT

Max9393

Lantern Swinger
Had my PJFT today, everything was going well I get in there ready for my test and he measures me weighs me, gets to my blood test and it's too high ?
Yet the day before I had my medical and it was completely fine.
But stupid because I don't know what they expect my blood pressure to be after walking around all day?
Oh well... extending my stay in England just because of this test which I knew I'd pass and never even thought about blood being an issue.
Anyone know if this counts as a fail?

Last edited:

Sumo

War Hero
No idea but stress will put you blood pressure up, you may not have felt stressed but it's the pressure that you have put on yourself.

themuddyduck

Midshipman
Odd, so they didn't let you do the run? What was your BP rate? My BP was 142/91 and a HR of 98 which are both pretty high when I had my PJFT and they still let me do the run.. But I was quite anxious that day, and I don't usually get a high BP.

They probably match up your resting heart rate and bp to see if you're fit to run.

Don't stress out and give yourself some time to compose yourself (30mins-1hr) when you get to the fitness centre before your PJFT. Best of luck man!

Max9393

Lantern Swinger
Odd, so they didn't let you do the run? What was your BP rate? My BP was 142/91 and a HR of 98 which are both pretty high when I had my PJFT and they still let me do the run.. But I was quite anxious that day, and I don't usually get a high BP.

They probably match up your resting heart rate and bp to see if you're fit to run.

Don't stress out and give yourself some time to compose yourself (30mins-1hr) when you get to the fitness centre before your PJFT. Best of luck man!
Thanks mate, they tested me 3 times and it was slightly above 140 - bottom number was fine for me just the top one.
He said I can't do it if it's over 140... really annoying as my flight home was today but I've had to miss my flight and anxiously wait till Monday to give them a call and hopefully get an appointment for next week.
Had a test at chemist today and it was all perfect.. just my luck the one time I'm being tested it's a bit too high !

datlaidbackdude

Midshipman
Had my PJFT today, everything was going well I get in there ready for my test and he measures me weighs me, gets to my blood test and it's too high ?
Yet the day before I had my medical and it was completely fine.
But stupid because I don't know what they expect my blood pressure to be after walking around all day?
Oh well... extending my stay in England just because of this test which I knew I'd pass and never even thought about blood being an issue.
Anyone know if this counts as a fail?
Its well @Max9393
Just relax and take it next week.
Best of luck

themuddyduck

Midshipman
Thanks mate, they tested me 3 times and it was slightly above 140 - bottom number was fine for me just the top one.
He said I can't do it if it's over 140... really annoying as my flight home was today but I've had to miss my flight and anxiously wait till Monday to give them a call and hopefully get an appointment for next week.
Had a test at chemist today and it was all perfect.. just my luck the one time I'm being tested it's a bit too high !
That's a bummer, but better safe than sorry I suppose! I don't think they will make you wait too long for another test if you have to fly back home assuming you don't live here. Just avoid the caffeine before you take the next test!

themuddyduck

Midshipman
Thank f**k for that...
I'm not going back to sunny Spain until I pass this.
If that doesn't show them commitment I don't know what will...
Haha I'll update on how it goes.
Cheers
Haha It currently doesn't look like they want you to go back to sunny Spain but to enjoy /*suffer* the best weather we English have to offer lol it's definitely commitment my dude! Just keep pushing on.

Nee worries!

JKelso

Midshipman
I had my PJFT last month. Knew I would smash the run but I felt a bit nervous on the way there, anything under test conditions always makes me a bit anxious. My BP was 143, got it down to 127 on the second attempt. Take slow, deep breaths. Pick a point in the room and just stare at it for a couple of minutes, try not to think of anything. That worked for me. Good luck!

Max9393

Lantern Swinger
I had my PJFT last month. Knew I would smash the run but I felt a bit nervous on the way there, anything under test conditions always makes me a bit anxious. My BP was 143, got it down to 127 on the second attempt. Take slow, deep breaths. Pick a point in the room and just stare at it for a couple of minutes, try not to think of anything. That worked for me. Good luck!
Alright mate I'll give it a go. Cheers

Asasioun

Badgeman
How many times did he take your BP?
The woman that did mine said it was quite normal to test a couple times because you start to relax which will bring it down a bit.

Sent using Tapatalk

Max9393

Lantern Swinger
How many times did he take your BP?
The woman that did mine said it was quite normal to test a couple times because you start to relax which will bring it down a bit.

Sent using Tapatalk
He took it 3 times and it still didn't go down... but I felt fine.

Asasioun

Badgeman
but I felt fine.
Yeah, but it doesn't matter how you feel, at least, not consciously anyways...

You might find some sort of deep breathing practices will help?? Maybe get the Headspace app? (It has some meditation stuff) sounds a bit dumb, but it helps, helps with your heart rate too, and the two are linked, so maybe worth a shot?

Sent using Tapatalk

Max9393

Lantern Swinger
Yeah, but it doesn't matter how you feel, at least, not consciously anyways...

You might find some sort of deep breathing practices will help?? Maybe get the Headspace app? (It has some meditation stuff) sounds a bit dumb, but it helps, helps with your heart rate too, and the two are linked, so maybe worth a shot?

Sent using Tapatalk
I'll give anything a go at this point.
Cheers

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SONAR-BENDER Diamond Lil's 4
Bandy_E The Book Club 0
Blackrat Diamond Lil's 14