Could this be done as an EVT course.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by slim, May 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. This course would be brilliant for someone leaving the services. Anyone fancy having a chat with the Education department to see if it can be offerred as an EVT?

    Inspectors home in on new careers
  2. They could do, since it leads to a recognised qualification (the pussers diving holidays have been clamped down on). Although at £9k the resettlement grant won't make much of a dent in the cost.
  3. Resettlement courses used to be run by the services for the services in Portsmouth during the mid 80s. Is this still the case? Used to teach bricklaying (very popular with retiring senior officers) and other skills? If the facility still exists perhaps they could include the inspectors course.
  4. Hi Slim,

    All resettlement training is now done with commercial companies and at the CTP resettlement training centre at Aldershot.

    The RN run courses no longer exist, and any training must be relevant to your planned second career - no more bricklaying and decorating courses for Admirals any more :wink:

    However, as Karma says, there is nothing to stop someone using their resettlement grant to do the course but they'd still have to stump up the majority of the money.

    Edited to add: If you're registered on the Learning Credit scheme, you can use them to pay for the course as part of your resettlement.

Share This Page