Could I Delay My Entry Date To Finish Uni?

jdoo49

Hi,

Im currently studying at university and am midway through my first year, I've already applied to RN and have my RT coming up soon.
Since applying for RN, I've changed my course so I won't be doing a placement year (2 years to go now, not 3), however I would still like to finish university before joining.
This puts me at finishing University in June 2019.

If I'm starting the process now will my recruitment test etc, stay valid for the rest of the duration whilst I'm at uni, or will I have to start retesting for certain things?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The recruit test remains valid 3 years and must be valid on the day of entry.

All other selection elements are valid 12 months & would require repeating to remain valid. If joining as a rating, the PJFT and PRNC must be taken within 6 months of entry to remain valid.

Sumo

War Hero
bare in mind the dates Ninja gave you , it looks like the answers is yes you can hold off your start date you may have to retake some parts but speak with your AFCO. What course have you changed to will or could it change what you have applied for?

jdoo49

Thanks for the quick reply!

Of course will chat to AFCO when I see them for my RT, and get their advice, just thought it best to get an initial idea to see if it were possible!

My course is still the same as when I applied, I've just changed from the 4 year programme with placement, to the 3 year with no placement, as I don't want to sit at a desk for a year basically!

Thanks again for the info!

Getting qualified shows your true commitment. I wish you a pleasant journey from beginning to infinity. The dream is next to deaths cousin. My military time was absolutely undeniable. If you make as far as Nuclear Winter or Broken Arrow, you might even kill your own intelligence officer. Nah only kidding, there are two Army officer training colleges I know Sandhurst but you know this already. However watch out a degree sometimes makes you overqualified.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Getting qualified shows your true commitment. I wish you a pleasant journey from beginning to infinity. The dream is next to deaths cousin. My military time was absolutely undeniable. If you make as far as Nuclear Winter or Broken Arrow, you might even kill your own intelligence officer. Nah only kidding, there are two Army officer training colleges I know Sandhurst but you know this already. However watch out a degree sometimes makes you overqualified.
Hello Norman.