Could I Delay My Entry Date To Finish Uni?

jdoo49

Hi,

Im currently studying at university and am midway through my first year, I've already applied to RN and have my RT coming up soon.
Since applying for RN, I've changed my course so I won't be doing a placement year (2 years to go now, not 3), however I would still like to finish university before joining.
This puts me at finishing University in June 2019.

If I'm starting the process now will my recruitment test etc, stay valid for the rest of the duration whilst I'm at uni, or will I have to start retesting for certain things?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The recruit test remains valid 3 years and must be valid on the day of entry.

All other selection elements are valid 12 months & would require repeating to remain valid. If joining as a rating, the PJFT and PRNC must be taken within 6 months of entry to remain valid.

Sumo

War Hero
bare in mind the dates Ninja gave you , it looks like the answers is yes you can hold off your start date you may have to retake some parts but speak with your AFCO. What course have you changed to will or could it change what you have applied for?

jdoo49

Thanks for the quick reply!

Of course will chat to AFCO when I see them for my RT, and get their advice, just thought it best to get an initial idea to see if it were possible!

My course is still the same as when I applied, I've just changed from the 4 year programme with placement, to the 3 year with no placement, as I don't want to sit at a desk for a year basically!

Thanks again for the info!

Getting qualified shows your true commitment. I wish you a pleasant journey from beginning to infinity. The dream is next to deaths cousin. My military time was absolutely undeniable. If you make as far as Nuclear Winter or Broken Arrow, you might even kill your own intelligence officer. Nah only kidding, there are two Army officer training colleges I know Sandhurst but you know this already. However watch out a degree sometimes makes you overqualified.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Getting qualified shows your true commitment. I wish you a pleasant journey from beginning to infinity. The dream is next to deaths cousin. My military time was absolutely undeniable. If you make as far as Nuclear Winter or Broken Arrow, you might even kill your own intelligence officer. Nah only kidding, there are two Army officer training colleges I know Sandhurst but you know this already. However watch out a degree sometimes makes you overqualified.
Hello Norman.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N BRNC entry delay Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS Update from SAGE: Delay phase modelling MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COVID-19: Government announces moving out of contain phase and into delay MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA welcomes EU Court ruling in pay-for-delay drug case MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Half of department’s rail operators now delivering improved delay repay compensation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: 'Delay Repay 15' secured for GWR passengers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Delay Repay 15 goes live for northern passengers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to Parliament: Crossrail delay MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Reiterating the call for a 30-day ceasefire, without delay, in Syria MoD News 0
TechFin Can you delay an AIB? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Klanky67 Tidespring delay explained! RFA 32
soleil Guardian: "Quay Concerns Delay Launch Of Navy Submarine" Submariners 0
I Can you Delay/Cancel your Fitness test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 38
H Medical - Delay due to injury.. Waiting time affected? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
soleil Mail: "Submarine Delay Due To Budget Cuts 'Puts Britain's Security At Risk'" Submariners 0
soleil Pompey News: "Mechanical Fault Leads To Delay In Frigate Heading To The Gulf" The Fleet 0
soleil The Register: "Trident Delay: Cunning Plan Or Bad Idea?" Submariners 1
soleil Teleg: Conservatives to delay Trident replacement by 5 years Submariners 4
soleil Lord Guthrie: "MoD has culture of delay inexperience & fear" Current Affairs 16
trelawney126 New Ridgback Vehicles Another Delay Current Affairs 2
soleil D. Star: "Delay is plane bonkers" The Fleet Air Arm 5
O Medical date delay info Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
5dits Admiral Resigns over Carrier delay & reduction of the fleet Diamond Lil's 17
NotmeChief Carrier Delay - Merged threads Current Affairs 46
P CVF Delay? Current Affairs 38
T Raleigh Entry date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
M Entry requirements and accepted qualifications Joining the Royal Navy 6
T Navy Entry Date Marine Engineer Joining the Royal Navy 4
CiviPilot Deferring University Entry Waiting for Officer Application? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
T Deferring Entry RFA 3
O Re-Entry Joining the Royal Navy 13
R Lateral entry PO Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
A RNR Medic? General entry Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
H 17 Sqn joint RAF/RN , direct entry? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
M Mine Clearance Diver Entry Joining the Royal Navy 3
O Direct entry The Gash Barge 42
R Officer entry, bad A levels but have a foundation degree Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
E Defer entry after offer receive Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
N CIS Entry Level Engineers? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
T Physical Training Instructor Direct Entry Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
M Direct entry Aircrewman Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS Open letter: GCSE tier entry guidance MoD News 0
F Can't get bank account due to marker. Is this a bar to entry? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
MoD_RSS Global Britain to attract more top scientists with fast tracked entry MoD News 0
W FAA Aircrewman entry age Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
C Inhalers a bar to entry? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
W Pilots and Observers - Age Limit on entry Increased to 34 The Fleet Air Arm 6
D Hms Raleigh entry date February 2020 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
S Accelerated Scheme Vs Standard Entry Joining the Royal Navy 1
M Possible to defer confirmed entry? Joining the Royal Navy 0