Could I be given my PRNC and Raleigh dates soon?

Hi it has took me just over 1 and a half months to get to the first fitness test, I think this has gone quite quickly? Does this mean if I pass my fitness test I could be receiving dates for my PRNC soon or do they just speed you up through all the other tests to get you to this stage? (Going in as a sea spec) thank you!

Hvrry

Midshipman
I've recently (July) got both joining date, then PRNC. Assuming you've completed all your Application stages, you should soon receive a phone call from your AFCO, regarding SC (Security Clearance). However I'm guessing you haven't done your SC. You do need to do a SC It should be pretty quick if you've never had any troubles, your AFCO will sort this out for you. I got my dates as soon as my SC was completed. Once the SC is complete you should be given your Joining date then PRNC date, hopefully this helps.

D

Deleted 66316

I've recently (July) got both joining date, then PRNC. Assuming you've completed all your Application stages, you should soon receive a phone call from your AFCO, regarding SC (Security Clearance). However I'm guessing you haven't done your SC. You do need to do a SC It should be pretty quick if you've never had any troubles, your AFCO will sort this out for you. I got my dates as soon as my SC was completed. Once the SC is complete you should be given your Joining date then PRNC date, hopefully this helps.
How long did it take to do your security check? My AFCO took ages to get back to me telling me what they needed, as I've had to do a lot of it myself due to me being an overseas candidate. I feel like I'm waiting forever to hear anything. It's been two months nearly since I passed my PJFT.

ebs

Midshipman
I'm doing my SC now, about to complete it, just gotta get my dad to fill his bit in. But I haven't even had my eye test yet, got it on Tuesday. So after I send that and the medical questionnaire off how long before my medical or PJFT or PRNC because I've already done my SC?

D

Deleted 66316

May I ask what the security form you're filling out is (these usually have an MOD number on them)? Purely because I haven't gotten that yet and I'm curious.

I did the medical questionnaire and MOD Form 493 (basically you state any convictions) which were sent to me via email from the Overseas Desk, then I gave them copies of my birth and education certificates along with ID when I went for my RT (in May), but I've not had to fill out any SC paperwork as of yet. Perhaps it's different for me due to me being an overseas candidate (British, raised in Spain most of my life).

I did things in the following order: Recruitment Test, Eye Test, Interview, Medical, PJFT. I passed everything and now I'm going through the SC phase, which for me has involved getting a Criminal Records Certificate from the Spanish Government and having it translated (my understanding is they take care of this themselves in the UK and you don't have to do it), then giving them my references. I have a feeling there's a "next phase" coming after this though, but I have no idea what I'm expected to do next.

I did mine in a bunch of different trips. In April, I went to the AFCO for the first time, had a discussion, formally started the application process.

In May, I went for my Recruitment Test and Eye Test, which I think I did on the same day and in that order, because I dropped the Eye Test paperwork back off with all my medical questionnaire after I'd had it done.

In June, (from Spain) I had a phone call with a Capita nurse to go over my medical questionnaire and some of it then had to be reviewed by a doctor after receiving notes from my doctor in Spain. For this I didn't go back to England. Obviously this part didn't involve the Navy or my AFCO as this was Capita's part.

Then I went back in August and, in three consecutive days, did Interview, Medical & PJFT.

I wasn't aware you had to do all the security checks before proceeding to the selection process in the UK. Hopefully someone else who's in the same boat as you may be able to advise, as I'm sure my process may have been done a little differently. :)

That said, my AFCO were pretty efficient with all the planning and worked around my schedule as much as they could (flight prices in summer are ridiculous, so they were accommodating in regards as to when I could be back). Hopefully it'll proceed a little quicker for you as you don't have to travel between countries to go to where you need to for the different tests. Keep me updated & good luck! :)

ebs

Midshipman
The security clearance is a nsvs security vetting form online but your AFCO give you the details and a link to sign up. But I just have to fill it out, I don't have any criminal records or debts so its pretty simple. My order was Recruitment Test, Interview, SC and now my interview next week. I should've done my Eye test sooner but I missed my appointment. It should be a smooth process for me I guess. The fact you're traveling from Spain and back is crazzzy. What role are you going for?

D

Deleted 66316

That's so weird, I've not been told about any of that yet! Did they already get your references? My recruiting officer did mention in passing about needing my references "to proceed", so maybe that's what she meant.

Yeah, should be straightforward from there. I didn't have any either, but I had to get it all translated by a sworn translator, which took longer, haha. But that bit's done now!

I had my eye test booked with Boots, then they cancelled it (I was meant to have it in April) and wanted to re-book it for the day after I came back to Spain, so it had to wait until May. I mean, I'm blind as a bat when I don't have my glasses on and I fell into the "second" category, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

It's mad, isn't it?! It gives me a chance to see my family a bit though, which is nice.

ET(WE). Had a massive interest in Submarine Service, but I've heard some people go in and hate it, so I figured I'll go Surface Fleet and then I can always make a more informed decision further down the road. Even though Submarine Service seem to get in quicker, didn't want to end up with regrets later on if it wasn't for me. What about you?

ebs

Midshipman
I didn't know about it till straight after the interview he told me to wait for his email the next day and I there it was haha. I'm so blind too without my contacts, I stopped wearing glasses because they were annoying but I'm a -3. I know the cutoff point is -6 but I'm still a bit iffy on it haha. I'm doing ET(WE) too, I was supposed to do ET(ME) not like I really knew the difference but after the interview my CA said marine engineer isn't for you, I got so shook and then he said would you consider weapons engineer because I see you have a good knowledge with computers. I thought he probs knows what he's talking about so I said yeah. I also thought I'd have to do another interview like my friend but the CA said, I have to fail you as an ME but I can pass you as a WE and I was the happiest man alive hahaha.

D

Deleted 66316

I just checked my paperwork and I'm -3.5 in my right eye and -3.25 in my left, so you should be fine. I hate wearing glasses, but I'm too squeamish about eyes to bring myself to stick my finger in them, haha!

That's what I ended up doing. I originally applied as CIS and then changed later because my recruiting officer told me she thought I'd be bored and she brought in an ET(WE) who was there by chance to come and talk to me. Went away for a week to think about it and then changed over. My Dad's from an engineering background and we both work in computers, so guess there's the common denominator.

Hey, who knows, we might end up in training together if that's what we're both going for, haha.

ebs

Midshipman
Sounds wavy. I can't wait. Just wanna go to Raleigh now, seeeems to mad. Yeah, who knows. Also, did you pay for all your trips to England?

D

Deleted 66316

I can't either, I'm so ready to leave. It seems like it's been so much longer than 6 months. I just want to go!

Yep, all paid for myself. It's how it usually works in the UK too until you get your train to your PRNC. So basically I'll also have those flights to pay for, and when I fly back to Raleigh. It's been expensive so far!

D

Deleted 66316

I'm not a natural athlete, so it took some hard work, especially in the couple of weeks leading up to it, but I passed with 2 minutes 6 seconds to spare. I think it depends a lot on your age and gender category, as us women are given quite a considerable amount of time more than the men!

My advice? Just keep your training up! I actually only made the time once during my training, then on the day it was like my adrenaline kicked in, as I did it in two minutes less than I had during training!

ebs

Midshipman
That's cool then. I'd say my fitness is above average but I still keep training. did you say you applied 6 months ago btw? That's longgg

D

Deleted 66316

Just be sure to keep your training up. I'm one of those people that if I take more than a day off, I really struggle to get back to it.

Yep, six months. But bare in mind I am overseas so a lot of it has been when I've been able to come back, because I applied in April, and from May to October, flight prices are ridiculously expensive. I've had three trips, and so far it's cost me close to two grand in flights, travel and other expenses, so that's been the lower end of what it would have cost me if I'd come back on the date originally given to me by Capita.

Capita were well aware I was an overseas candidate and were meant to coordinate a date with me (my recruiting officer had already called to speak to a manager due to Capita's incompetency). They didn't. They ignored all that and sprung a date on me with less than a week's notice in the middle of summer, when I, aside from the flight prices, couldn't get holiday at work. So that had to be cancelled and could only be rescheduled for two months later.

So I'd strongly advise not taking my timeline into account, as it's been a lot of delay because I'm in Spain. :)

It's been two months since passing everything and I've still heard nothing about an entry or PRNC date... I still don't have any update on my SC. This is the biggest wait thus far.