Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Cost of living.

Now I'm officially an OAP, HMG have deposited £500 in to my account for winter fuel allowance and cost of living bonus, I doubt I'll get much chance to spend any of it though :(

Just had my Xmas bonus from HMG. can’t decide what to spend my whole £10 on. That’s if it will buy anything!!!
Too late - SWMBO has already decided what MY tenner is for!! Transferred into our winter fuel fund. Well I mean it might keep me - sorry!! US warm for a day or three!!!!
So my plan of a night out in La La Land getting totally shredded and a kabab has been blown out of the water!! (1972 style).

Too late - SWMBO has already decided what MY tenner is for!! Transferred into our winter fuel fund. Well I mean it might keep me - sorry!! US warm for a day or three!!!!
So my plan of a night out in La La Land getting totally shredded and a kabab has been blown out of the water!! (1972 style).
Do it all Waspie. Hedonism like the last days of the Roman empire. Both bars of the electric fire on. A couple of cheap kebabs delivered to the house, and a bottle of Buckie each. Not just one. ;)

Have I ever.......ever replied to posts like this that I am single ? , my life , my house , my food , my bathroom , my tv remote ....etc. :)
Go to bed when I want , get up when I want , go shopping when I want , go to the pub......on my own , make enough of 2 portions of food then eat half and have the rest for supper , ignore free travel on buses and WALK to shops , wardrobe is all mine , music choice similar....... the list is endless but top for me is I decide when and where I go on holiday........on my own. :cool:

Go to bed when I want , get up when I want , go shopping when I want , go to the pub......on my own , make enough of 2 portions of food then eat half and have the rest for supper , ignore free travel on buses and WALK to shops , wardrobe is all mine , music choice similar....... the list is endless but top for me is I decide when and where I go on holiday........on my own. :cool:
More than once:rolleyes:o_O

Latest Threads