Corruption

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by come_the_day, Apr 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apparently, one of the caveats for helping out developing economies dreamed up by the G 20 was that aid would only be given where corruption did not exist.

The example that the so-called mature economies have given over the decades is hardly one of corruption-free working. Whereas the Septics have committed to raising special taxes to recoup some of the cash from the corporate banking thieves, we are still committed to paying Sir Fred his 700-odd thou a year in perpetuity and he keeps his knighthood for services to the finance industry!

2. That must be why it has been announced that a certain non UK national has been given millions to put into his Bank* acc...., oops I mean, prop up a certain famous & renowned used to be'British' car marque..... 8O

Cynical ?.....Moi ?? ;)

*edited for spelling .. gettin older !

3. 'Apparently, one of the caveats for helping out developing economies dreamed up by the G 20 was that aid would only be given where corruption did not exist.'

That shortens to list to about three :lol:

4. You mean the 'British' car marque that will no doubt shortly be relocating to India?

5. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Name them!

6. Very difficult as their names are classified top secret :p

7. [​IMG]

Well I can count 6 there (maybe 5; or maybe 6 but not the same 6!) who could qualify for aid.

Clearly, Duperman enjoyed something;

[​IMG]

8. Er, I've wracked my brains and give up ...

9. Always knew you were an Optomist :oops:

10. You guessed !! :eek:

I believe Haynes are doing the workshop manuals in Sanskrit these days ...... ;)

11. Now that sort of logic I can live with... But why are we in the UK still sending Millions to CHINA???

Now that is baffling :roll: :roll: :roll:

12. The EU can hardly harp on about corruption when it's accounts haven't been signed off or accepted for 9 years!

13. So what's the difference between "corruption" and "Lobbying" or "subsidizing", if we use these as being the same thing, then no one from the developing world or the G20 are free from "corruption"... :D

Have to laugh at the Yanks and their definitions of corruption...=any 3rd world country...because we all know that Congress is Corruption free...right Cheney et al.... :wink: