Corrie Worrie - Nonce's Return

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Blackrat, Feb 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

10 of my finest pounds say poor Kevin gets killed off by the script writers in a car crash or something before the end of next week.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Character shot, real life geezer found not guilty, character reinstated- it was all a dream.

For posts yet to come, keep it in the realms of Current Affairs. Unless the actor has a Service connection, what RR thinks won't likely sway a judge and jury.
  4. Course it's got a service connection!

Guys would have there mrs tape and send copies for viewing on board.

At one time I was glad to embark and get away from the dreaded 'soaps' but I soon found a 6 month deployment down south didn't put jack off his Corrie!!!!
  5. I know a certain cox'n who had his Mrs tape every episode of Corrie and send them out to him, being duty with him was a friggin' nightmare.
  6. Seadog

Reference the naval Corrie addicts, I was going to distance myself from soap shite by asking: ' what is Corrie'? As with all soaps, the first note of the first bar of the signature tune is enough to have me scrambling for the remote and my IQ into nose dive.

That so many supposedly grown men like soaps so much is a fcuking mystery.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. wal

wal Badgeman

I'm an Archers Soap addict. HinD is limited to Eastbenders.
  8. Her indoors likes the Archers, as soon as the sig tune comes on that's my cue to find something to do elsewhere.
  9. Well, they've got one soap character who's supposedly an ex-submariner, chain smoking, alcoholic
    who just happens to own a betting shop who set fire to his own house got divorced and is currently
    shagging the arse off the female managing directore of a factory that churns out womens underwear....
    so it can't all be based on fiction.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. The last time I watched an episode of Coronation Street was in 1967.....................I've grown up a lot since then.
  11. Bring back Albert Tatlock and Ena Sharples..they'd sort them out. That shows how long since I watched it (as a kid I hasten to add, Mum liked that and Crossroads!!)
  12. On a personal note I like the soaps!!!!!

That's my time for boys stuff!! Utter slaughter on Xbox and the like.

So for me, keep the soaps, keeps the one I worship glued to the box for hours. Long may they continue!
  13. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Clearly not directed at Submariners.

I agree though. I've never seen the attraction of the things. Boring, repetitive and unrealistic. Except for Hollyoaks. I watch this with the sound off, the curtains shut and the tissues to hand.
  14. So now your means testing the IQ of posters in CA, how very "grown up"

It's as much a mystery to me how you are an expert on every subject that's ever discussed in CA. How you maintain a constant air of contempt as you inflict your patronising manner on the posters.
    Perhaps whilst you catch up on University Challenge you might reflect that this a site of which collectively, is mainly ex Servicemen, and not your college don mates, or members of the higher government in who's circles you suggest you move in.
    Whilst your Mod-ing is required and appreciated, being patronised continuously by the very person who is looked upon to stop "pettiness" is akin to replacing the frying pan with the fire..
    This results in subjects some would like to reasonably debate, being evaluated by you as not "Worthy" relegated to the gash and blasted into complete ridicule.
    I used to consider you an excellent mod up there with blobbs and Ninja, you kept order with understanding and it was only during your absence that crayoning thrived.
    Now you seem to have been crossed with Bamber Gascoigne and Attila the friggin Hun.

And if this post is itself crayoning I really do apologize, but apart from your obvious retort, I really did not know where to put this post.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Seadog

Guess you won't be clicking 'like' on my contemptuous post Rumrat.
  16. Le Vell won't be interested in you then.
    • Like Like x 4
  17. I bin stabbing my "Like" button for yonks and nothing ever happens.
    It don't work either:

(a) Here
    (b). At home

Is there a course I can go on or am I doing something wrong?
  18. Well as I'm known as an arse licker I feel free to state:-

I have in the past always respected you as a mod and agreed with a lot of what you said and understood why you said it.
    I do agree that there is a need for moderation as we've seen the result of the "self restraint" this forum (self included) is not capable of, with the resulting chaos it brought on what started out as very interesting threads.
    However you have always asked for links or qualifying data to statements expressed as or purporting to be fact, and expressed the view that if not done then it remains conjecture, hearsay or just a good old fashioned point of view.
    And you have also expressed your opinion as regards points of view and *********.
    Of late you are doing exactly that yourself, whilst making condescending remarks about the intelligence of posters, who are not engaged in crayoning, but are genuinely not the brightest button on the tunic.
    Not Fair Sea dog and below your usual and expected level of moderation.
    This is not an attack on you as was, but I expect more from a seasoned and usually well respected (by myself) moderator.
  19. ******* ell Rumrat, a bit off topic, boring, and frankly man up and get a sense of humour. It's Friday, for me it's a night down the pub with a few mates. Lets keep the pseudo intelligent posts to a minimum and engage childish matelot banter to max, jeez go for a strum, then chill with some nice pink champagne
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Well if you stopped trying to look funny you would see that is exactly what I am objecting to.
    So if your out to score points get down that boozer and play darts, there's none for you here.