Correct attire for Pre-joining brief

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by stealthmode, Apr 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am due to attend my pre joining brief on 9th of may, and have been wondering what to wear, I've been suited & booted throughout all stages of my application so far apart from when I first went into the AFCO for a chat. Should I go in a suit, or would it now be acceptable to turn up smart/casual i.e jeans etc?

also I've not heard anything since I sent back the "I accept" bit of paper and the clothes sizing chart, despite the enclosed letter stating that I would be contacted "in due course", is this normal?.
  2. Which Service RN or RM?
    For the Navy I would suggest something formal, Dior does a lovely Ball Gown, blue of course.
    If your joining the Corps then a Karl Lagerfeld LBD should hit the spot quite nicely
    Don't forget whichever branch you're up for accessorise accessorise accessorise
    Best of luck
  3. it's for the RN,

see, I was thinking about a Christian Lacroix haute couture piece..., but I Suppose i'll take a gamble on some jeans
  4. Yes best not to reveal all your sartorial elegance at once, the serving bods will only get jealous.
  5. Just dont wear a blindfold or carry a plastic machine gun :wink: some nice suits from an Iranian source available on e-bay I hear :p
  6. Smart casual!

Edit: Smart casual at least. You've looked smart so far, may as well keep it up!
  7. Ive got mine on 13 June Mate. I did ask my careers advisor over the phone. She said there will be no need to dress formally, however, thats my careers advisor. Just ring and ask, s/he will appreciate your maturity.