Coroners Courts

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by SJRM_RN, Nov 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I like to watch the news on TV and quite often there are stories about people who have died in strange or tragic circumstances. I always hear that the coroners coourt has passed a verdict of 'death by misdaventure, death by natural causes, accidental death' etc.

Now, this story on the news last night made me laugh, a real belly laugh in fact, and it got me thinking that perhaps there should be a new category of 'Death by Stupidity'

Any other 'Death by Stupidity' cases been noticed by members recently? Post them here so we can all have a laugh
  2. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I don't know if this is an apocryphal story or not but someone told me about a bloke who cleaned out the insides of those petrol tankers. Apparantly, this bloke would climb inside them and scrub them out. One day, he's done a stirling job and while inside the mahoosive tube, decides to have a smoke. Of course, there is still a lot of vapour present and our hero, for a fleeting second, knows what it's like to travel faster than sound. Fuckwit does not cover it.
  3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Ther's a great clip on youtube (buggered if I can find it though) of some raghead firing off mortar rounds, he's so slick at it he manages to put one bomb down the tube as he fires off the one he's already got in there. Oops.
  4. "Death by Stupidity" is a great concept and should be encouraged:

1. It is "Darwinism" in action, there are far too many stupid people in the world (a few, it seems, on RR) and the numbers need to be drastically reduced, and fast!
    2. It provides amusement and entertainment value for the rest of us.
  5. Down the pits my next door neighbour was an fitter,as we had to walk in 3 miles to the face before we started work he had to lug his bag of tools.
    The coal train was passing with empty tubs to the face so he threw his bag in a tub knowing it would be there when we walked in.
    He,unfortunately,threw it in the first tub not the last and the strap dragged him under,
    He lost both arms,one leg and his brains spilled out over the track.
    My old man tried to shield it from me,memory's vague but I saw enough to register.
    they called the Union man and my old man said! "Frankies dead" the Union man shouted"He's not dead until we say he's dead!"
    My old man told him he was a stupid bastard and to look at his brains on the track.
    Union guy said he's still not dead until officially pronounced which,in a way was right.
    One unfortunate mistake also on the Vic just before I joined, a Tiff was killed on my gun when the barrels of the 3" came down crushing his head as he worked underneath them.
    Power off should have been a mandatory thing,but it's easy after the event.
  6. Speaking as someone who's wife is on dyalisis and waiting for a transplant I sincerley hope that he was carrying a donor card.

He could have taken innocent lives so the I cant help thinking of the term "Natrual Justice" :-D
  7. "Pole-axed"

According to reports, a 41-year-old Polish man was visiting London to improve his English.
    While at Vauxhall station in South London, he was observed on closed-circuit TV cameras
    walking into a recessed area, from which he failed to reappear.
    It is there that officials believe our luckless Pole answered the call of nature, urinating on
    a live rail surging with 750-volts. You already know how this story ends.

8. This the one?
  9. Toppers,

Have you no shame? For that video, YouTube says: 'To view this video, please verify that you are 18 or older by signing in or signing up.'

By posting it here, instead of just the Linky, there is no such safeguard & you'll have at least one keen thrusting 15 year old viewing it! (sadly, that won't be me).

Never mind, I'm sure there'll be counciling available from MLP or BR.

10. Blackrat

Indeed there is.

If you find you have difficulty in stopping laughing after watching this clip, i advise you watch something on E4 or another channel equally as shite. The dullness will help to restore your equalibrium.
  11. Hows this: a worker goes to the top of the ladder for a break, on finding the deck, it's cold and too windy for him so he dips back down a few steps to light his smoke. Voila!! Your human canonball has just set light to a cathedral-size container of gas! Wonder, if true, how high/far he'd go? :)
  12. Blackrat

There it is. Who knows eh?