Coronavirus

I know this topic is getting over talked in every part of our lives.
However, I have and I'm sure others on here have had their applications halted due to the virus.
I have just had my recruitment test cancelled which was due tomorrow.
Now I've been informed they will hopfully be able to move applications forward soon and will be in touch soon.
Firstly, I'm wondering firstly if anybody has any more information above what I was provided?
Secondly, just wanting to see what others have been told that are at different stages of the application process?
Look forward to hearing your stories.

I am completely understanding given the situation. However I am gutted that from being told September could be the date I start Raleigh. Just wondering if anybody has had more information about where we go from here.

Cheers, well that's what they told me. Hopfully some contract next week with answers on how they are going to proceed. Just think it's now going to what I thought would be a relatively quick transition from application to Raleigh (only potentially being 7 months). Now entering the unknown. Again, I realise that not just for myself and my navy career and not just for everybody else and their navy career but simply..... everybody.

Gully1234

Midshipman
I know this topic is getting over talked in every part of our lives.
However, I have and I'm sure others on here have had their applications halted due to the virus.
I have just had my recruitment test cancelled which was due tomorrow.
Now I've been informed they will hopfully be able to move applications forward soon and will be in touch soon.
Firstly, I'm wondering firstly if anybody has any more information above what I was provided?
Secondly, just wanting to see what others have been told that are at different stages of the application process?
Look forward to hearing your stories.
My AFCO is allowing me to do my fitness test through an app and my interview over the phone because this is the only thing I have left to do. I’m not sure what’s happening with my joining date yet I assume they are still taking intake as usual?

Elo123

My RT got postponed too just taking it as more of an opportunity to prepare for all aspects of training! It’s a set back I didn’t want but everybody’s safety comes first!

Gully1234

Midshipman
My RT got postponed too just taking it as more of an opportunity to prepare for all aspects of training! It’s a set back I didn’t want but everybody’s safety comes first!
I’m kind of guessing they’re going to try and get as many recruits in atm while they can because my recruitment process is being continued, I do really feel for the people who are stuck at the start tho

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Fair one. I would now start to concentrate on navigation aspects using the stars, while nights are still clear.
It was a massive help, and something the others wasn't prepared for. Especially when we went to Dartmoor.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Thank you. You could have just said that in the first place
It's ok. It's just so difficult to express what I'm trying to get across on the in the internet.
But, honestly the navigational aspects of Dartmoor is not to be overlooked. It shot a few lads in the foot in my entry.
Luckily, being from Birmingham, I had a bit more of an inkling. So to speak.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Also, this may not help, but just trying to. I bought tippex instead of the white marker they asked for.
Most of the stuff is not needed Raleigh.
I just took.
Left handed iron. (I'm ambidextrous)
Two pairs of pants.
Housemaid.
Boot polish.
Crayons.
New bag as well, it was badass!

potnoodle

Midshipman
I’m kind of guessing they’re going to try and get as many recruits in atm while they can because my recruitment process is being continued, I do really feel for the people who are stuck at the start tho
I got put through my NSRT through my gcse results, I was suppose to resit it on the 26th, they also told me that my interview would be on the phone lol which weirdly I feel a lot more confident about hahaha

Gully1234

Midshipman
I got put through my NSRT through my gcse results, I was suppose to resit it on the 26th, they also told me that my interview would be on the phone lol which weirdly I feel a lot more confident about hahaha
Yeah my interview is on the phone as well, kind of hoping I don’t have to go to Raleigh until this is over because I wanna be able to see my friends and family but I guess I don’t really have a choice in the matter

potnoodle

Midshipman
Yeah my interview is on the phone as well, kind of hoping I don’t have to go to Raleigh until this is over because I wanna be able to see my friends and family but I guess I don’t really have a choice in the matter
Yeah me too, have you heard anything about how you will do your fitness test (if you haven’t already done it)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gully1234

Midshipman
Yeah me too, have you heard anything about how you will do your fitness test (if you haven’t already done it)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I’m doing my fitness test through an app then screenshotting it then submitting it through the portal.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Health and Social Care Secretary's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 5 June 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Destination UK: Supporting international learners through coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Transport Secretary's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 4 June 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK aid-backed drone technology supports Ghana's coronavirus fight MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM statement at the coronavirus press conference: 3 June 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Health and Social Care Secretary's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 2 June 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus recovery in prisons and probation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Health and Social Care Secretary's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 1 June 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus: Environment Agency update MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Yemen: New UK aid will help stop the spread of coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK reaches 200,000 coronavirus testing capacity target a day early MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dame Louise Casey's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 31 May 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Communities Secretary's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 31 May 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Oliver Dowden’s statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 30 May 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chancellor's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 29 May 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Action taken to halt sales of fingerprick coronavirus (COVID-19) antibody testing kits MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK provides further support in Pakistan’s fight against Coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Regulating the waste industry during the coronavirus pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Health and Social Care Secretary's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 27 May 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS French border restrictions in response to coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for project proposals to carry out research into coronavirus (COVID-19) impact on Ukraine MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Health and Social Care Secretary's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 26 May 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Selected NHS patients to access coronavirus treatment remdesivir MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government to provide up to £23m in extra funding to tackle coronavirus in Wales MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus sick pay scheme opens for applications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Transport Secretary's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 23 May 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK aid supporting the fight against coronavirus in the Middle East MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary's opening statement to the government’s daily briefing on coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Further visa extensions for those unable to return home due to coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Help with mortgages to continue for homeowners affected by Coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Taiwan travel during coronavirus (COVID-19) - Information about available flights and routes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Health and Social Care Secretary's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 21 May 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Trial of rapid coronavirus test launched in Hampshire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Yemen’s leaders must act now to prevent coronavirus catastrophe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Welsh Secretary commends Armed Forces’ contribution to the fight against coronavirus in Wales MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 130,000 items of PPE donated to support coronavirus effort MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Social housing sector was in a good financial position at end of March 2020 but faces considerable challenges due to coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Oliver Dowden's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 20 May 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus and regional security: UK statement on Foreign Ministers' meeting MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Culture Commissioner named and Taskforce set up to aid sector recovery from coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government unlocks £150 million from dormant accounts for coronavirus response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus (COVID-19): letter to all postmasters MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK to work with African Union to slow spread of coronavirus in Africa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Environment Secretary's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 19 May 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Armed Forces step up support to the Caribbean Overseas Territories during coronavirus pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme set to launch MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Everyone in the United Kingdom with symptoms now eligible for coronavirus tests MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 18 May 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus (COVID-19): Health Secretary's statement to Parliament MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vernacare increases production by 60% to fight Coronavirus MoD News 0