Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Corona Virus

All these young know it alls Sumo. My best mate has a daughter in Uni at Oxford that thinks it's ok to travel home to Hereford by train every Friday to take a driving lesson Saturday morning. She stays at her grandmothers who is 89 then back to Oxford Sunday evening. Tell her the risks involved, she thinks all us 'silly old farts' are over reacting. Why is she in University? She's taking a degree course to become a paramedic!
We're feckin' doomed if all those born since 1990 have the same attitude...
Needless to say me and my oppo are keeping a distance between us for now which is a shame as we're restoring a 1970's Suzuki road race bike and the bike's at his place and most of the parts are at mine.

All these young know it alls Sumo. My best mate has a daughter in Uni at Oxford that thinks it's ok to travel home to Hereford by train every Friday to take a driving lesson Saturday morning. She stays at her grandmothers who is 89 then back to Oxford Sunday evening. Tell her the risks involved, she thinks all us 'silly old farts' are over reacting. Why is she in University? She's taking a degree course to become a paramedic!
We're feckin' doomed if all those born since 1990 have the same attitude...
Needless to say me and my oppo are keeping a distance between us for now which is a shame as we're restoring a 1970's Suzuki road race bike and the bike's at his place and most of the parts are at mine.
Think I read a report on Oxford uni, students that had tested positive still not self isolating? they think only the old have to worry about the virus.

My eldest has finally got the idea that her popping to London for the night drinking with her friends isn't a good idea... the youth of today are invincible, however her 75 year old grandma with health issues isn't!!!

My eldest has finally got the idea that her popping to London for the night drinking with her friends isn't a good idea... the youth of today are invincible, however her 75 year old grandma with health issues isn't!!!
Mother in-law 82 lives with youngest daughter, who has a 20 year old daughter under same roof. Trying to limit her social life is a challenge.

I'm sorry, but this makes me laugh....

EXTREMADURA
This will be the only community with no restrictions, although their citizens will not be able to get out of the community due to the restrictions in the rest of the country.
#N332

1604078151547.png

'twas the strain from Spain wot tipped us dahn the' drain this time around, Hose Hay!!

<<...A study suggesting a coronavirus variant originating in Spain now accounts for most UK cases has highlighted the weakness of the government’s travel policies over the summer, experts have said.

Research from scientists in Switzerland, which is yet to be peer-reviewed, has revealed that a new variant of coronavirus, known as 20A.EU1, appears to have cropped up in Spain during the summer and has since spread to multiple European countries, including the UK.

“In Wales and Scotland the variant was at 80% in mid-September, whereas frequencies in Switzerland and England were around 50% at that time,” the authors said.

The variant appeared in the UK in the middle of July when quarantine-free travel to Spain was allowed for England, Wales, and Northern Ireland. However, the new variant of the virus is now common in countries across Europe, meaning travellers to and from many countries could since have brought it back to the UK...>>

From what I can tell just by watching TV reports from the areas of England in Tier 3 restriction(mainly in the north) the residents believe that the whole country should be treated the same as them regardless of the infection rate in their area. Meanwhile we more fortunate ones(mainly down sarf) would like to say "sod you lot we're happy as we are, you made the bed now lie in it".

I retired in 2018 in order to loaf about, enjoy a bit of long distance travel, wait for my MOB pension to kick in (Miserable Old Bastard) - group that in with my other two work pensions and live the arse end of my existence in reasonable comfort and financial security.
The Summer lock in was a doddle.... loads of things to do, a spa pool to sit in, dining al fresco and a tan to work on.
My garden never looked better.
Now we have the R number going banzai, everyone blaming everyone else and billions of pound notes being doled out to all and sundry as if the UK piggy bank was the size of China.
You and me (i.e. the toothless long living tax paying fine upstanding pillars of society) will soon be feeling the pinch with regards to paying it all back. The pharmaceutical giants will rule the world, the major supermarket chains will continue to make unheard of profits and the young adults of today will have to grow a mighty pair of testicles if they think that a pandemic is not going to affect their already dodgy futures. If they belive that "Corona Virus is nowt to worry about" - we are all in for a bloody hard time, and we won't have the luxury of a nice sunny day to help take the edge off it.
A single one size fits all book of rules and regulations is required..... those that opt to say balls to it should be sorted out as necessary.
I don't want me or any of my family to catch this bug and I certainly don't want to have to have a fight in the aisles of Aldi in order to get a twelve pack of shit house paper.
A ten percent downturn in the UK economy is already being forecast and until we ALL realise that it's in our best interest to do as we are ******* told - there's no light at the end of the tunnel because we are not even in the tunnel yet.
And if any arse hole says it's all to do with 5G again, I will personally stick the nut on 'em and then wash my forehead with Domestos.
Rant over, now excuse me - I'm off to have a barny with Virgin Media about the stupid amount I'm charged every month.

Billy.

Message from the Virgin robot:

"Due to social distancing blah blah..... it may take up to 24 hours to get back to you"

Well that's live chat not actually live is it?

I retired in 2018 in order to loaf about, enjoy a bit of long distance travel, wait for my MOB pension to kick in (Miserable Old Bastard) - group that in with my other two work pensions and live the arse end of my existence in reasonable comfort and financial security.
The Summer lock in was a doddle.... loads of things to do, a spa pool to sit in, dining al fresco and a tan to work on.
My garden never looked better.
Now we have the R number going banzai, everyone blaming everyone else and billions of pound notes being doled out to all and sundry as if the UK piggy bank was the size of China.
You and me (i.e. the toothless long living tax paying fine upstanding pillars of society) will soon be feeling the pinch with regards to paying it all back. The pharmaceutical giants will rule the world, the major supermarket chains will continue to make unheard of profits and the young adults of today will have to grow a mighty pair of testicles if they think that a pandemic is not going to affect their already dodgy futures. If they belive that "Corona Virus is nowt to worry about" - we are all in for a bloody hard time, and we won't have the luxury of a nice sunny day to help take the edge off it.
A single one size fits all book of rules and regulations is required..... those that opt to say balls to it should be sorted out as necessary.
I don't want me or any of my family to catch this bug and I certainly don't want to have to have a fight in the aisles of Aldi in order to get a twelve pack of shit house paper.
A ten percent downturn in the UK economy is already being forecast and until we ALL realise that it's in our best interest to do as we are ******* told - there's no light at the end of the tunnel because we are not even in the tunnel yet.
And if any arse hole says it's all to do with 5G again, I will personally stick the nut on 'em and then wash my forehead with Domestos.
Rant over, now excuse me - I'm off to have a barny with Virgin Media about the stupid amount I'm charged every month.

Billy.
@BillyNoMates Donald said it's ok to drink the domestos

May be of kicking off again, son senior SWW manager, poo disposal, shite job but someone has to do it, has been called into work today for an emergency meeting?

Latest Threads