Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona Virus

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Message from the Virgin robot:

"Due to social distancing blah blah..... it may take up to 24 hours to get back to you"

Well that's live chat not actually live is it?
Ha, ha - I was 'chatting' to a company employee, Esmerelda, the other day, when the chat suddenly stopped and 'she' said 'I'm a bot, please wait for a customer service advisor!'

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Ha, ha - I was 'chatting' to a company employee, Esmerelda, the other day, when the chat suddenly stopped and 'she' said 'I'm a bot, please wait for a customer service advisor!'

Long rant at Virgin Media rep up in the Khyber Pass.
Shaved thirteen quid a month off my bill, fixed for eighteen months, so binge watching is safe.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Sadly, the sons of our friend, who has been SERIOUSLY ill with sepsis were due to visit next week. Just cancelled the trip.

It will be interesting to see what the Welsh Wizard and Wee Krankie come out with.

Luckily, we made it to Morrisons on Gib a couple of days ago, so we have enough scran (and cider!!) in for weeks! Any 'Preppers' that come knocking can piss off!

Switch off all TV & Radio News Commentators/Armchair Experts/Pundits/Opposition all saying same - same =

"Should have locked down earlier Blah Blah told-you-so na na na naaa na".

BOOTW exits stage left, shaking head whilst puking quietly into 'is gaily painted dhoby bucket

taffscrivs

War Hero
Switch off all TV & Radio News Commentators/Armchair Experts/Pundits/Opposition all saying same - same =

BOOTW exits stage left, shaking head whilst puking quietly into 'is gaily painted dhoby bucket
The very same people that called for restrictions to be lifted not so very long ago.
Bunch of turncoat bastards.

fishhead

War Hero
Well it seems the rocketing infection rate up north has scared Boris into locking down the rest of us until just before Chrimbo. Eat, drink and be merry as it may be your last chance this year.

Bright side ? If any - possibly some Christmas Shopping Plastic Card savings made by limiting footfall purchases to food & essentials between Thu 11/11 & Weds 2/12.

OTOH, On-line buying might be free gangway throughout, shudder....

Ballistic

War Hero
I've mentioned before about my local being closed since the first lockdown, (failing to re-open due to the landlady in ICU with Covid-19).

Well, it was sold and the new owners have been working hard to get it ready for re-opening... on Wednesday :(

Perfect timing :rolleyes:

Sumo

War Hero
I've mentioned before about my local being closed since the first lockdown, (failing to re-open due to the landlady in ICU with Covid-19).

Well, it was sold and the new owners have been working hard to get it ready for re-opening... on Wednesday :(

Perfect timing :rolleyes:
Anchorage just reopened

Sumo

War Hero

The only ones that spoke real situational speak were 2 Professors one from Cambridge uni other from kings coll London. Both would not be drawn into blame game, from questions from the reporter/ interegator, they agreed the area approach was valid, working but not quick enough, so change is now needed.

Biker Buster

Lantern Swinger
Aye the BBC boasting that asshole gutter press ponces got wind of government plans and spewed them out, forcing bojo to make early, hasty decisions.
The announcement was supposed to be made on Monday.
I fucking hate the rats that call themselves journalists.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Sumo

War Hero
Aye the BBC boasting that asshole gutter press ponces got wind of government plans and spewed them out, forcing bojo to make early, hasty decisions.
I ******* hate the rats that call themselves journalists.

But who keeps leaking the briefing info?

taffscrivs

War Hero
I ******* hate the rats that call themselves journalists.

And you fell into the journos' trap of using silly American style name shortening.
FFS, the man's name is Boris. Show some respect for a man that's doing an extremely difficult job and not label him in the same fashion as those cretins working in the media. (Rant over.)

Biker Buster

Lantern Swinger
And you fell into the journos' trap of using silly American style name shortening.
FFS, the man's name is Boris. Show some respect for a man that's doing an extremely difficult job and not label him in the same fashion as those cretins working in the media. (Rant over.)
Yep fair comment. I am not against him in this unenviable position he finds himself in. I hate the gutter press making an awful job damned near impossible.
Actually, I hate the gutter press full-stop!

Sumo

War Hero
Yep fair comment. I am not against him in this unenviable position he finds himself in. I hate the gutter press making an awful job damned near impossible.
Actually, I hate the gutter press full-stop!

Fence sitting twat ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Corona virus-Will Navy Net ever recover? Diamond Lil's 20
MoD_RSS Corona virus (COVID-19) - Updates and changes to services MoD News 0
fishhead Corona Virus and the RN Joining the Royal Navy 19
MoD_RSS Corona Virus outbreak: Flights from China MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Spending Review to fight virus, deliver promises and invest in UK’s recovery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary visits South Korea and Vietnam pledging to work together in virus fight MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Stronger measures brought in to tackle virus in Bolton MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Largest testing programme for coronavirus shows virus continued to decline in June MoD News 0
Stirlin McAfee virus protection. Bloody Computers 5
MoD_RSS £22 million awarded to life-saving health charities during virus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The United Kingdom announces two COVID-19 response services for eligible developing countries to help combat the impact of the virus on international MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM: ‘It’s humanity against the virus’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government begins large-scale virus infection and antibody test study MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vaccine update: issue 302, November 2019, virus special edition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tick-borne encephalitis virus detected in ticks in the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New legislation to prevent harmful rose virus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ebola Virus Disease Outbreak: Update on UK Response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Bluetongue virus detected and dealt with in cattle in Yorkshire MoD News 0
Ballistic Anti-virus software Bloody Computers 2
NotmeChief Got a Virus - damn Bloody Computers 2
(granny) computer virus's Current Affairs 2
Scouse_Castaway New PC- Best Anti Virus? Bloody Computers 42
Rumrat Virus alert Current Affairs 4
(granny) A computer virus. Bloody Computers 4
RN_Commando conficker virus Bloody Computers 18
babystew nasty virus Bloody Computers 16
Y NEW VIRUS Bloody Computers 35
Seaweed VIRUS WARNING RED Current Affairs 3
N Prevent Virus infection on your PC Diamond Lil's 2