Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona Virus

Andy_Cap

War Hero
Thanks! Fingers crossed it stays that way! Granada is very bad at the moment - they are shuffling infected patients around the hospitals - which seems crazy - as the hospitals are getting overwhelmed.

We tried to get the flu jab..... there is a huge waiting list this year. BUT - top tip from a medical professional - if you can, get a pneumonia jab at the same time. It might cost a few bob but it lasts 10 years a seemingly, if you are susceptible, then if Covid 19 does get you, pneumonia is one of the top ways to kick the bucket.
Got our flu jabs yesterday, pneumonia jab is free for 60 + patients

fishhead

War Hero
About the pneumonia jab. Early on in the first lockdown some expert said that it offered no protection from the ravages of covid-19. Sorry I can't provide a link as I can't remember who said it or when they did.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Just got a text from my local health centre asking me to book my jab, I really can't decide whether to go for it or not.

slim

War Hero
I get offered it every year
As I have never had flu I have always refused it.
For some reason this year I decided to have it

Sumo

War Hero
Had for about 10 years, protecting other half? Only once did I have a temp, for a few days, sometimes injection site becomes sore.

Ballistic

War Hero
I had a rare moment of optimism this afternoon.

I'm normally more cynical than Edmund Blackadder on National Cynicism Day but I was thinking that maybe this year's flu season might not be as bad as feared.

It might be possible that the precautions which many millions of people are already taking against Covid-19 will also be effective against the annual flu bugs - washing hands regularly, not coughing/sneezing on each other, keeping a bit of social distance, not going to work if ill and so on.

Perhaps we should have been doing this for years... :)

In the depths of Southern Ontario here, very rural, numbers low compared to such as Toronto.
But......bets that Xmas will be cancelled, Santa will be on lockdown, elf's on unemployment benefit....and rumour is the reindeer are antimaskers.....:) :)

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
As I understand it, some folk that get C19 are susceptible to then getting pneumonia - which then does for you. Therefore, if you are already jabbed up you can see off the C19 element.

Or at least not peg out from pneumonia!

Sumo

War Hero
As I understand it, some folk that get C19 are susceptible to then getting pneumonia - which then does for you. Therefore, if you are already jabbed up you can see off the C19 element.

Or at least not peg out from pneumonia!
That's how I read it

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Can somebody help me out? Yet again the papers are full pictures of large groups of people (in Wales this time) going out to get shitfaced as they'll be under curfew from today or whatever.

Sorry - I just don't get it.

They should spray the twats with blue dye (other colours are available) then if/when they turn up at hospital with a bit of flu, they can be legally euthanised instead of taking up a valuable hospital bed.

Sumo

War Hero
Can somebody help me out? Yet again the papers are full pictures of large groups of people (in Wales this time) going out to get shitfaced as they'll be under curfew from today or whatever.

Sorry - I just don't get it.

They should spray the twats with blue dye (other colours are available) then if/when they turn up at hospital with a bit of flu, they can be legally euthanised instead of taking up a valuable hospital bed.
UK and some mind set associated with their rights to go out and get pissed, what Manchester tonight have a major piss up?

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
UK and some mind set associated with their rights to go out and get pissed, what Manchester tonight have a major piss up?
While it is mainly the UK, kids are also doing it in the big cities here to a certain extent, but the drinking culture is different here.

Ballistic

War Hero

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Corona virus-Will Navy Net ever recover? Diamond Lil's 20
MoD_RSS Corona virus (COVID-19) - Updates and changes to services MoD News 0
fishhead Corona Virus and the RN Joining the Royal Navy 19
MoD_RSS Corona Virus outbreak: Flights from China MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary visits South Korea and Vietnam pledging to work together in virus fight MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Stronger measures brought in to tackle virus in Bolton MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Largest testing programme for coronavirus shows virus continued to decline in June MoD News 0
Stirlin McAfee virus protection. Bloody Computers 5
MoD_RSS £22 million awarded to life-saving health charities during virus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The United Kingdom announces two COVID-19 response services for eligible developing countries to help combat the impact of the virus on international MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM: ‘It’s humanity against the virus’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government begins large-scale virus infection and antibody test study MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vaccine update: issue 302, November 2019, virus special edition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tick-borne encephalitis virus detected in ticks in the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New legislation to prevent harmful rose virus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ebola Virus Disease Outbreak: Update on UK Response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Bluetongue virus detected and dealt with in cattle in Yorkshire MoD News 0
Ballistic Anti-virus software Bloody Computers 2
NotmeChief Got a Virus - damn Bloody Computers 2
(granny) computer virus's Current Affairs 2
Scouse_Castaway New PC- Best Anti Virus? Bloody Computers 42
Rumrat Virus alert Current Affairs 4
(granny) A computer virus. Bloody Computers 4
RN_Commando conficker virus Bloody Computers 18
babystew nasty virus Bloody Computers 16
Y NEW VIRUS Bloody Computers 35
Seaweed VIRUS WARNING RED Current Affairs 3
N Prevent Virus infection on your PC Diamond Lil's 2