Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona Virus

taffscrivs

War Hero
There be a few local bakers round here that do amson pasties
Here in borderland we have to make do with Warrens or West Cornwall Pasty Co. efforts the're not too bad.
Luckily one of the missus' customers is Cornish and makes brilliant oggies, couple of lessons from her and I can make a reasonble one.

Biker Buster

Lantern Swinger
Well, today all the cockwombles with second homes will rush to the coast, bringing Christ knows what with them - again. Small but steady rise in numbers here at the moment.

I get sick and tired of hearing people whine about lost business. Yes, you're gonna lose business - Yes we're all sorry about that. But is your business more important than someone's life??
It may sound harsh but it is the current reality. And while Kweer Starmer may blame the tories. It really isn't their fault. Blame the fucking Chinese for keeping it a secret for so long.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Last time they all escaped from Madrid, the 'smarter' ones tried to use smaller roads, but there are not that many roads in Spain. The Guardia Civil are smart too - they were stopping cars full of suitcases with the occupants saying they were only going to check/feed the goats at the finca or whatever.

//Post drift//
Spanish bureaucracy.

Yesterday I took the bike for its MOT. It failed. Why I hear you ask?

Because they could not find the chassis number. I found it and showed them - they said it was too difficult to read. I got home, big FO LED torch and read it in a moment. However I have had to make another appointment to be retested (only to read the number and it is free) next week.

//Carry on//

Biker Buster

Lantern Swinger
Didn't know they did mots in Spain. Well I think that was an assumption when I saw some shit boxes on the road a few years back...

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Didn't know they did mots in Spain. Well I think that was an assumption when I saw some shit boxes on the road a few years back...

Actually, it is a very fair system. You have to go to a local (Provincial) centre - so no affiliation to a garage. Book-in on-line and turn up. 4 years for first one, then every 2 years until vehicle is 10 then annually. If you fail, retests are free and can be done anytime within 2 months. A car test is 48 euros and the bike (a 650) was 30 euros.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
And now they all jump in their cars and head off to their second homes on the coast - again.

Ballistic

War Hero

He must have had the disease for decades...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Corona virus-Will Navy Net ever recover? Diamond Lil's 20
MoD_RSS Corona virus (COVID-19) - Updates and changes to services MoD News 0
fishhead Corona Virus and the RN Joining the Royal Navy 19
MoD_RSS Corona Virus outbreak: Flights from China MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Spending Review to fight virus, deliver promises and invest in UK’s recovery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary visits South Korea and Vietnam pledging to work together in virus fight MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Stronger measures brought in to tackle virus in Bolton MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Largest testing programme for coronavirus shows virus continued to decline in June MoD News 0
Stirlin McAfee virus protection. Bloody Computers 5
MoD_RSS £22 million awarded to life-saving health charities during virus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The United Kingdom announces two COVID-19 response services for eligible developing countries to help combat the impact of the virus on international MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM: ‘It’s humanity against the virus’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government begins large-scale virus infection and antibody test study MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vaccine update: issue 302, November 2019, virus special edition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tick-borne encephalitis virus detected in ticks in the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New legislation to prevent harmful rose virus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ebola Virus Disease Outbreak: Update on UK Response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Bluetongue virus detected and dealt with in cattle in Yorkshire MoD News 0
Ballistic Anti-virus software Bloody Computers 2
NotmeChief Got a Virus - damn Bloody Computers 2
(granny) computer virus's Current Affairs 2
Scouse_Castaway New PC- Best Anti Virus? Bloody Computers 42
Rumrat Virus alert Current Affairs 4
(granny) A computer virus. Bloody Computers 4
RN_Commando conficker virus Bloody Computers 18
babystew nasty virus Bloody Computers 16
Y NEW VIRUS Bloody Computers 35
Seaweed VIRUS WARNING RED Current Affairs 3
N Prevent Virus infection on your PC Diamond Lil's 2