Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona Virus

Jacobus

War Hero
Don’t know where the cartoonist got his inspiration from, but that cook bears a remarkable resemblance to a POCK I once served with. His food was indifferent at best. I also served with a POCK who was thinner than a racing snake and his scran was essence.

Strange Huw,
Goes against that old saw of never trusting a skinny chef, nor a skinny butcher. !

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Don’t know where the cartoonist got his inspiration from, but that cook bears a remarkable resemblance to a POCK I once served with. His food was indifferent at best. I also served with a POCK who was thinner than a racing snake and his scran was essence.
On one boat I was on one of the chefs cleanliness was suspect but he was an excellent chef. On one set of captains rounds the skipper gave the fridges a bz for cleanliness but picked up the chef as a health hazard.

On the plus side, looking at the chefs t shirt and beard we knew what we'd had for scran for the past week :)

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
@WreckerL getting close?

I had to check to make sure it wasn't Ginsters Pasties,, we know there is no meat in there pastry

If they had put meat in to Ginsters it wouldn't be pork!!

Just waiting for an outbreak at Ginsters but a lot of the immigrant workers have buggered off, Ginsters are always advertising for staff nowadays.

Job for a corpulent person as a taster maybe? Any thoughts ;)

huwshpis

War Hero

Just waiting for an outbreak at Ginsters but a lot of the immigrant workers have buggered off, Ginsters are always advertising for staff nowadays.

I'm too busy in the day job to move to Kernow.

Sumo

War Hero

Only if it's Pasties, and we all know Ginster don't make real pastires

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
Nobody make pasties - on a large-scale commercial basis, at least.

I am sure local bakers etc as well as hotels and so on will do though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Corona virus-Will Navy Net ever recover? Diamond Lil's 20
MoD_RSS Corona virus (COVID-19) - Updates and changes to services MoD News 0
fishhead Corona Virus and the RN Joining the Royal Navy 19
MoD_RSS Corona Virus outbreak: Flights from China MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary visits South Korea and Vietnam pledging to work together in virus fight MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Stronger measures brought in to tackle virus in Bolton MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Largest testing programme for coronavirus shows virus continued to decline in June MoD News 0
Stirlin McAfee virus protection. Bloody Computers 5
MoD_RSS £22 million awarded to life-saving health charities during virus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The United Kingdom announces two COVID-19 response services for eligible developing countries to help combat the impact of the virus on international MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM: ‘It’s humanity against the virus’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government begins large-scale virus infection and antibody test study MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vaccine update: issue 302, November 2019, virus special edition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tick-borne encephalitis virus detected in ticks in the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New legislation to prevent harmful rose virus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ebola Virus Disease Outbreak: Update on UK Response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Bluetongue virus detected and dealt with in cattle in Yorkshire MoD News 0
Ballistic Anti-virus software Bloody Computers 2
NotmeChief Got a Virus - damn Bloody Computers 2
(granny) computer virus's Current Affairs 2
Scouse_Castaway New PC- Best Anti Virus? Bloody Computers 42
Rumrat Virus alert Current Affairs 4
(granny) A computer virus. Bloody Computers 4
RN_Commando conficker virus Bloody Computers 18
babystew nasty virus Bloody Computers 16
Y NEW VIRUS Bloody Computers 35
Seaweed VIRUS WARNING RED Current Affairs 3
N Prevent Virus infection on your PC Diamond Lil's 2