Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona Virus

Sumo

War Hero
No surprises mate, it's happening in Dorset every weekend at the moment. It's the stupidity that gets you, Police stopped a Mercedes with five women in it the other day, the driver wasn't insured, but one of her mates sat in the car was, they were doing 98 mph on the Puddletown by pass, they wanted to get to Durdle Door and were hungry.
Mentality of the entitled, and why this country will struggle to control the virus spread?

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I have to say, the intransigence and sheer stupidity/bloody mindedness of some people boils my pi55. Just 'cos you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there.

It is still the best part of 30 degrees here and we have to wear masks or risk a 100 euro fine. Trust me, it is no fun wearing a mask in that kind of temperature, yet if you are a trendy hipster, just stepping off your electric scooter (WTF?) then it would seem masks don't apply.

Right. Enough. Cocktail time. And breath.

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
As the infection rates continue to rise there have been calls for the re-instatement of the the Government Daily Brief. I am supporting this, provided that we get the Secretary of State for Health, rather than just some duty minister issued some lines to take. A proper thirty minute brief and some (ideally) non partisan Q&A.

I dunno, perhaps we should call it Hancock's Half Hour?
:rolleyes:

Sumo

War Hero
As the infection rates continue to rise there have been calls for the re-instatement of the the Government Daily Brief. I am supporting this, provided that we get the Secretary of State for Health, rather than just some duty minister issued some lines to take. A proper thirty minute brief and some (ideally) non partisan Q&A.

I dunno, perhaps we should call it Hancock's Half Hour?
:rolleyes:
There's a comedy sketch in there? but it may never go viral;)o_O

Sumo

War Hero
Is it me or does there appear to be a North south divide, with the SE trying to chase?
Dorset seems to have suffered Grockle increase. some how we in the SW are fairng a tadge better, time to shut the M5 south of Bristol.

1600685481821.png

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Our town centre streets were disinfected this morning. Big truck of mix and bloke with mega water-pistol doing the pavements. They've been doing it for weeks, but the first time I've seen it.

fishhead

War Hero
Our town centre streets were disinfected this morning. Big truck of mix and bloke with mega water-pistol doing the pavements. They've been doing it for weeks, but the first time I've seen it.
I've seen news reports of that that going on and wondered if it has any value or is it just a case of being seen to be doing something.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Yep - just like last time - the city dwellers are escaping from their lockdown to their second homes on the coast. I've seen at least 3 Madrid families living here today. Tw4ts. Maybe some robust police check-points and mega fines will help......

However, on the plus side, bog-roll is still available!

Sumo

War Hero
@WreckerL just looked at the stats, it would appear that Kernow is starting to show signs of grockle invasion, numbers per 100K on the rise, now over taken Guzz, which was the only slightly high in the SW.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
@WreckerL just looked at the stats, it would appear that Kernow is starting to show signs of grockle invasion, numbers per 100K on the rise, now over taken Guzz, which was the only slightly high in the SW.
I am aware, it's wifey's hobby, checking the stats and fully debriefing me every night :rolleyes:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Corona virus-Will Navy Net ever recover? Diamond Lil's 20
MoD_RSS Corona virus (COVID-19) - Updates and changes to services MoD News 0
fishhead Corona Virus and the RN Joining the Royal Navy 19
MoD_RSS Corona Virus outbreak: Flights from China MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary visits South Korea and Vietnam pledging to work together in virus fight MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Stronger measures brought in to tackle virus in Bolton MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Largest testing programme for coronavirus shows virus continued to decline in June MoD News 0
Stirlin McAfee virus protection. Bloody Computers 5
MoD_RSS £22 million awarded to life-saving health charities during virus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The United Kingdom announces two COVID-19 response services for eligible developing countries to help combat the impact of the virus on international MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM: ‘It’s humanity against the virus’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government begins large-scale virus infection and antibody test study MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vaccine update: issue 302, November 2019, virus special edition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tick-borne encephalitis virus detected in ticks in the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New legislation to prevent harmful rose virus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ebola Virus Disease Outbreak: Update on UK Response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Bluetongue virus detected and dealt with in cattle in Yorkshire MoD News 0
Ballistic Anti-virus software Bloody Computers 2
NotmeChief Got a Virus - damn Bloody Computers 2
(granny) computer virus's Current Affairs 2
Scouse_Castaway New PC- Best Anti Virus? Bloody Computers 42
Rumrat Virus alert Current Affairs 4
(granny) A computer virus. Bloody Computers 4
RN_Commando conficker virus Bloody Computers 18
babystew nasty virus Bloody Computers 16
Y NEW VIRUS Bloody Computers 35
Seaweed VIRUS WARNING RED Current Affairs 3
N Prevent Virus infection on your PC Diamond Lil's 2