Corona Virus

Stirlin

War Hero
I was thinking about that earlier.

No doubt a good statistician could shed some light on it but I was wondering if it was because this time round most of those likely to die from infection, (the old), have already done so in the last wave, (or recovered and have immunity), and those testing positive now are all that's left which may skew the statistics a bit.

I dunno, there are so many variables... :confused:
Exactly , selfish younger peeps who may catch it amongst their mates but could not give a shit as being '' young ''
they assume it will not affect them , BUT they could pass it on to older members of their family.
Apology as I cannot find the link which came up early on in the pandemic...it stated that Covid had the potential to
waste 210,000 in England alone , population of York wiped out.
WHY has no one put forward the simple act that we all can do when confronted with gasping joggers etc if we are not wearing a mask ? , a watertight door automatically pops up in your nose when you dive into water , am I the only one that can do this '' manually '' ? , I doubt it...manual watertight door in place in nose and gob shut , I do not have the best of lungs but can manage about 50 meters walking before I have to take a breath.
It bugs me that we as a community can be responsible in our actions to keep not just ourselves safe but every bugger else , AND we still bother in the face of all the crowded beaches today.

Stirlin

War Hero

'' The Runnymede Trust also warned important public safety messages aimed at reducing transmission were currently not reaching all black and minority ethnic (BAME) communities ''

What ? , they don't read newspapers , watch TV , read BBC/other websites ?.

Recently there has been a lot of bollocks about lockdown measures confusing peeps , not this callsign .
Or is this just more shit to sling at the Gov' to please the '' I want it all yesterday '' generation.

Last edited:

fishhead

War Hero
The current debate in England seems to be that it will be dangerous for the kids to return to school in September if the pubs remain open. Eh? Wouldn't it be easier just to ban school kids from pubs?

Sumo

War Hero
The current debate in England seems to be that it will be dangerous for the kids to return to school in September if the pubs remain open. Eh? Wouldn't it be easier just to ban school kids from pubs?
It's the teachers, they have to sober them up, to get them back to school.

taffscrivs

War Hero
It's the teachers, they have to sober them up, to get them back to school.
Is it because if the pubs remain open a lot of the kids' feckwit parents will have spent their school uniform/dinner money on the piss instead of looking out for their offspring?

Sumo

War Hero
Is it because if the pubs remain open a lot of the kids' feckwit parents will have spent their school uniform/dinner money on the piss instead of looking out for their offspring?
that is always a possibility, good parenting is not a given?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Corona virus-Will Navy Net ever recover? Diamond Lil's 20
MoD_RSS Corona virus (COVID-19) - Updates and changes to services MoD News 0
fishhead Corona Virus and the RN Joining the Royal Navy 19
MoD_RSS Corona Virus outbreak: Flights from China MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Stronger measures brought in to tackle virus in Bolton MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Largest testing programme for coronavirus shows virus continued to decline in June MoD News 0
Stirlin McAfee virus protection. Bloody Computers 5
MoD_RSS £22 million awarded to life-saving health charities during virus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The United Kingdom announces two COVID-19 response services for eligible developing countries to help combat the impact of the virus on international MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM: ‘It’s humanity against the virus’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government begins large-scale virus infection and antibody test study MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vaccine update: issue 302, November 2019, virus special edition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tick-borne encephalitis virus detected in ticks in the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New legislation to prevent harmful rose virus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ebola Virus Disease Outbreak: Update on UK Response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Bluetongue virus detected and dealt with in cattle in Yorkshire MoD News 0
Ballistic Anti-virus software Bloody Computers 2
NotmeChief Got a Virus - damn Bloody Computers 2
(granny) computer virus's Current Affairs 2
Scouse_Castaway New PC- Best Anti Virus? Bloody Computers 42
Rumrat Virus alert Current Affairs 4
(granny) A computer virus. Bloody Computers 4
RN_Commando conficker virus Bloody Computers 18
babystew nasty virus Bloody Computers 16
Y NEW VIRUS Bloody Computers 35
Seaweed VIRUS WARNING RED Current Affairs 3
N Prevent Virus infection on your PC Diamond Lil's 2