Corona Virus

Sumo

War Hero
Given the litigious world we live in, I'm amazed that there's not been any mention of compensation claims against our Far Eastern friends as yet! Surely it's only a matter of time .........
Do the Yanks call that sanctions?

Stirlin

War Hero
Given the litigious world we live in, I'm amazed that there's not been any mention of compensation claims against our Far Eastern friends as yet! Surely it's only a matter of time .........
If they do sky the Chinese will just say foxtrot oscar.

huwshpis

War Hero
Oh, there has been a lot of mention of that on other social media sites (mainly from the most litigious nation on Earth), but they all stop short when confronted with Sovereign Immunity. In other words, if you want to sue China, you have to do it in China's courts. There's also the small problem of finding a cause of action, because if you don't have one of those, your claim doesn't get off the ground (or the laboratory shelf, depending on who you believe).

Stirlin

War Hero
Have had a good day but after 3 bottles of Leffe Blonde it is time for some stuff........................
I do my best to self distance from other punters , WE are used to being given instructions and sticking to them........
The '' . I want it yesterday generation ''do not seem to comprehend that their flouting of the lockdown laws could bring a second wave of COVID 19 , IF this comes about the second lock down will be more severe than the first.
A second wave could bankrupt our Island and make us a country that no bastard gives a shit about which is fair game as ALL are trying to get through this. You might not like Boris but in Rishi Suack see a future leader of our Island. WHAT does he have to do satisfy EVERYONE ? , WE have NEVER been here before.....NO one knows what the final outcome will be.
My only hope is these selfish bastards see the day for what it is ,

Scran_Bag

War Hero
Wise words indeed Stirling.

I'll find out for myself on Sunday as we've booked a table for a family Sunday lunch at a fairly rural (for Brum) pub.

9830370.jpg

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
We have not had Covid. We don't know anyone that has had Covid. We don't know anyone who knows anyone that has had Covid.

HOWEVER, the bugs ARE in a town a few Km away and in Granada city there are quite a few. So why would we risk going out to a throng of people from Christ knows where? 'Our' little beach was full of teenagers having a party the last two nights and there are a lot of cars and vans coming down at the moment - hey ho, just don't inhale!

More than happy just to sit in garden/spa watching life going by and sipping something, .......even if it is just juice.

crash_evans

War Hero
I’ve just completed my CBRNDCQ refresher course. In the current climate, it was a joke. We had no social distancing (as we were pretty much inside each other).

The kick in the nuts was inside the FF units, the Babcock staff (Ex RN) all wore EDBA as they could catch COVID. The RN instructors didn’t have to abide by the the 2M rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stirlin

War Hero
Thanks Scranbag And Sonar Bender......I put MY life at risk walking in the road trying to avoid these cnuts as at my age and being a life long smoker I could die from COVID . I have tried very hard to stop the tabs but when you are a genuine Billy no Mates with mental health problems your only mates are tabs in time of minor probs .I have cut my tabs to five a day but they are delicious. I have cut the drinking to once a week as I know that over that I risk Mr Hide coming back............already thoughts of deploying a shot taught to me by my former bootie boozing mate to drop these selfish bastards but at the moment level headed thankfully not to do this as it could end up with being locked up for a much longer period......this time prison as apposed to a welcome home in a caring hospital.
Stops for welcome tab

I am doing my bit as are hoards of others , I love this Island and I am well chuffed that I have had my life in this era cos it is only going to get worse in my eyes. They pander everday to calm these twats but love them or hate them I think the Blue Tories are enough to get us through this , unprecedented is a word we hear often and it is up to the media to recognise this , STOP being negative to what the government are trying to do as for all it is a learning curve, if in April it was announced that our scientists had found a cure for covid the media would have cried
'' Why did you not do this earlier '' '' When can you deliver this to us ''....FFS give it a rest and support ALL efforts to get us through this, Yes mistakes have been made but what do you expect when you are confronted with an unknown catastrophe. I love it that we can share our views in a forum that is moderated by respected blokes and
site owners , I love the fact that mivvies do not share our ethos and blacker than black humour , you encourage me from day to day and I could not get through life without your daily support and serious/funny posts.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Like you Stirl I was a life long smoker but gave up last year, my motivation came from lying in a hospital bed for a couple of days after having a minor stroke due to blocked arteries.
My cholesterol level dropped by 50% just under a month after giving up but it was bloody hard going. It's been 10 months now and I still want one now and again.

I should have knocked it on the head when I was still serving, I could of earnt a few bob flogging my fag stamps!

But if it helps you, crack on, 5 a day is not too shabby tbh, I was on at least 10 cafe creme type cigars a day up until my little wobble.

Stirlin

War Hero
Like you Stirl I was a life long smoker but gave up last year, my motivation came from lying in a hospital bed for a couple of days after having a minor stroke due to blocked arteries.
My cholesterol level dropped by 50% just under a month after giving up but it was bloody hard going. It's been 10 months now and I still want one now and again.

I should have knocked it on the head when I was still serving, I could of earnt a few bob flogging my fag stamps!

But if it helps you, crack on, 5 a day is not too shabby tbh, I was on at least 10 cafe creme type cigars a day up until my little wobble.
I am blessed with a good metabalism if that is the right word , when I was shifting 12 or more pints everyday my weight was 12 stone 2lbs and never altered , where I previously lived close to a sustrans track I was doing a 13 mile walk every day and loved it , blood pressure down to 108/70 and resting heart rate 49 per min.....at the time I was off the booze as there was no money left for drink. Moved here in 2011 one hour and fifteen mins away from sustrans so have gained 2 stone even though I walk everyday to supermrkts and stuff it does not amount to 13 miles. Had a full scan on heart on treadmill at hospital and had really good results so unless I have an encounter like yours I will continue to tab cos I love em .
Years ago when we wos hunter gatheras our nose was twice the size to give us plenty of air to cope with chasing game , never once needed to use our mouth to breathe....gob was for eating. Fast forward , if the keep fit program you are following promotes breathing through your gob you are over doing it and your heart does not like it AND tells you so. My rapid ramming style walking never needs gob breathing so okay as there are no hills in sleepy town York , some of the hills on South Island have me gasping a tad but I could live with that as it is only once a year . Life is for enjoying and as long as I keep to this schedule I should be OK , it helps having a next door neighbour who only quit the tabs at age 87, and only then cos she was pissed off with having to leave her mates in the pub to go and have a tab outside , she is now 93 and I tell her often she will get her 100 birthday card from the Maj serving at the time as she is from good stock.....as am I.

Edited to add , I think one of our other members of site was on Cafe Creme , Taffscrivs ?.

Sumo

War Hero

I was a long time smoker, started early teens, may have been earlier. Tried stopping a few times after leaving RN, eventually stopped 2004 the wife and I just decided to stop. I never had gravings, just occasionally, like in the pub it felt like a a fag was missing, I would say it took a few years, not sure how many, more than 2 before I no longer cared or wanted one. Drinking, when I got a job at home 2011, I just seemed to stop, probably a pint or glass a wine every so often? Just odd.
Now my next challenge is food? If I can't shift the blubber no knee job, no walking or bike.

Stirlin

War Hero
I was a long time smoker, started early teens, may have been earlier. Tried stopping a few times after leaving RN, eventually stopped 2004 the wife and I just decided to stop. I never had gravings, just occasionally, like in the pub it felt like a a fag was missing, I would say it took a few years, not sure how many, more than 2 before I no longer cared or wanted one. Drinking, when I got a job at home 2011, I just seemed to stop, probably a pint or glass a wine every so often? Just odd.
Now my next challenge is food? If I can't shift the blubber no knee job, no walking or bike.
I live on salad and stir frys winter and summer , key for me is having a big helping of porridge for brekkie , keeps me going till about 1500 when it is apple and a tin of Mackeral for daily protein input , some fantastic sauces available now at all spmkts. 1800 tea of salad with either tin of salmon or boiled eggs/stir fry veg and sauce.
Treat at w/end of home made GIANT Yorkie with onion gravy or bangers and mash or bacon sarnies.
I appreciate this could not be doable for you S as you eat as a family and I am a loner.
Again not for you with dodgy kness but I walk everywhere , keeps my weight down to 12 and a half stone , maybe TRY a bit more walking with your pooches , far too easy for me to give advice for someone your age and circumstance but I have a routine and stick to it like glue , never boring , I live well.

Sumo

War Hero
I live on salad and stir frys winter and summer , key for me is having a big helping of porridge for brekkie , keeps me going till about 1500 when it is apple and a tin of Mackeral for daily protein input , some fantastic sauces available now at all spmkts. 1800 tea of salad with either tin of salmon or boiled eggs/stir fry veg and sauce.
Treat at w/end of home made GIANT Yorkie with onion gravy or bangers and mash or bacon sarnies.
I appreciate this could not be doable for you S as you eat as a family and I am a loner.
Again not for you with dodgy kness but I walk everywhere , keeps my weight down to 12 and a half stone , maybe TRY a bit more walking with your pooches , far too easy for me to give advice for someone your age and circumstance but I have a routine and stick to it like glue , never boring , I live well.
TVM
Been improving of late. When I tried slimming world, other house members didn't give a shite, now baby son is trying to lose weight, can't move for fruit and veg and fresh non processed foods?
Go figure.

Last edited:

Biker Buster

Lantern Swinger
I had been successfully using patches for a month, then I had a RTA in March 2011. In a coma for 6 weeks and completely forgot I had ever smoked. Even to this day the thought gives me the boak.
I used to smoke 10-12 hamlets a day and inhaled them! Before that was 20-30 superkings with the filter snapped off.
I was a right manky bastard when it came to smoking.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Corona virus-Will Navy Net ever recover? Diamond Lil's 20
MoD_RSS Corona virus (COVID-19) - Updates and changes to services MoD News 0
fishhead Corona Virus and the RN Joining the Royal Navy 19
MoD_RSS Corona Virus outbreak: Flights from China MoD News 0
Stirlin McAfee virus protection. Bloody Computers 5
MoD_RSS £22 million awarded to life-saving health charities during virus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The United Kingdom announces two COVID-19 response services for eligible developing countries to help combat the impact of the virus on international MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM: ‘It’s humanity against the virus’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government begins large-scale virus infection and antibody test study MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vaccine update: issue 302, November 2019, virus special edition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tick-borne encephalitis virus detected in ticks in the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New legislation to prevent harmful rose virus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ebola Virus Disease Outbreak: Update on UK Response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Bluetongue virus detected and dealt with in cattle in Yorkshire MoD News 0
Ballistic Anti-virus software Bloody Computers 2
NotmeChief Got a Virus - damn Bloody Computers 2
(granny) computer virus's Current Affairs 2
Scouse_Castaway New PC- Best Anti Virus? Bloody Computers 42
Rumrat Virus alert Current Affairs 4
(granny) A computer virus. Bloody Computers 4
RN_Commando conficker virus Bloody Computers 18
babystew nasty virus Bloody Computers 16
Y NEW VIRUS Bloody Computers 35
Seaweed VIRUS WARNING RED Current Affairs 3
N Prevent Virus infection on your PC Diamond Lil's 2

Latest Threads