Corona Virus

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Allegedly a photo taken after somebody tried to disinfect their PPE using their microwave as an autoclave - forgetting the bits of metal they have attached.

Probably bollix, but a good dit!

1586764647065.png

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Ooooooooh - our little remote house has just been over-flown by a drone?

Now, the question is, was it Guardia Civil or Policia Nacionale? I don't think the Policia Local have that capability yet.

Nobody has come a-knocking on the gate yet!

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
NOT MINE! I just stumbled across this on the interweb and I think it is brilliant..... BZ to the writer.

How about a press conference where the senior reporter/anchor for each of the mainstream channels are on the podiums taking questions from the intelligent public?

My question to Laura Kuensberg and the others would be........ why do you keep asking questions that are too early for an accurate answer, why are you intent on laying blame at our governments door for a global pandemic when the nation on the whole has nothing but admiration for their handling of this crisis and has pride in our country, and in our heroic NHS staff? Every country is having the same issues with supply and demand for PPE and testing kits?
Why aren’t you better utilising your skills on the streets and In The parks and public places asking those who are flouting the social distancing rules why they are putting themselves and others at risk by not staying at home?
Your pointless and relentless questions to the government and medical advisors pushing for timelines and guarantees, are wasting their time when that time could be put to much better use in trying to get those answers that you desperately seek?
Please just let the experts and advisors get on with job and report back when they have something to tell us all.
This government. Boris until his hospitalisation, and Dominic Raab taking the helm in his absence are doing a great job in the most difficult of circumstances since the Falklands war. Please just take some time to applaud the great thing they are doing instead of honing in on your perception of their failings.
Our front line NHS staff and key workers are getting on with it, improvising where necessary. Their biggest gripe is people ignoring the advices on social distancing and being out instead of staying home.
Reporters. Please just reign it in a bit.
Rant over.

fishhead

War Hero
NOT MINE! I just stumbled across this on the interweb and I think it is brilliant..... BZ to the writer.

How about a press conference where the senior reporter/anchor for each of the mainstream channels are on the podiums taking questions from the intelligent public?

My question to Laura Kuensberg and the others would be........ why do you keep asking questions that are too early for an accurate answer, why are you intent on laying blame at our governments door for a global pandemic when the nation on the whole has nothing but admiration for their handling of this crisis and has pride in our country, and in our heroic NHS staff? Every country is having the same issues with supply and demand for PPE and testing kits?
Why aren’t you better utilising your skills on the streets and In The parks and public places asking those who are flouting the social distancing rules why they are putting themselves and others at risk by not staying at home?
Your pointless and relentless questions to the government and medical advisors pushing for timelines and guarantees, are wasting their time when that time could be put to much better use in trying to get those answers that you desperately seek?
Please just let the experts and advisors get on with job and report back when they have something to tell us all.
This government. Boris until his hospitalisation, and Dominic Raab taking the helm in his absence are doing a great job in the most difficult of circumstances since the Falklands war. Please just take some time to applaud the great thing they are doing instead of honing in on your perception of their failings.
Our front line NHS staff and key workers are getting on with it, improvising where necessary. Their biggest gripe is people ignoring the advices on social distancing and being out instead of staying home.
Reporters. Please just reign it in a bit.
Rant over.
In fairness it is not just the BBC asking bone questions day after day. When's the lockdown going to end? what will be the strategy when it does end? etc etc.........You get to thinking they're only asking these questions to try and elicit some kind of answer they can say was wrong in a few weeks time. You can be certain in six months time with the benefit of 20:20 hindsight the government will be taking a pasting from the media for mistakes that have been made at the present time but when you are learning on the job(so to speak) mistakes are bound to happen. I believe the government have made a decent fist of it so far but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
You get to thinking they're only asking these questions to try and elicit some kind of answer they can say was wrong in a few weeks time.
Nail head / hammer interface is solid. Spot on.

The media are only making things worse for some people (intelligent ones switched them off as soon as >75% of the bulletins were about only one bloody thing) and ramping up the anxiety and distress.

Shameful. Might as well be politicians themselves . . .

huwshpis

War Hero

The media are only making things worse for some people (intelligent ones switched them off as soon as >75% of the bulletins were about only one bloody thing) and ramping up the anxiety and distress.

They are, it's just that no-one elected them and they have no responsibility. As, I think it was Lord Chesterfield, said apropos the press, "Power without responsibility, the prerogative of the harlot throughout the ages."

Sumo

War Hero

If I have time, I listen to the brief, then turn of the bone questions from the press.

Stirlin

War Hero
They come across as though a killer virus appears every 2 yrs and we should have been prepared/doing a whole lot better. This is happening World wide , not just UK.....they should look up the word pandemic.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Corona virus-Will Navy Net ever recover? Diamond Lil's 20
MoD_RSS Corona virus (COVID-19) - Updates and changes to services MoD News 0
fishhead Corona Virus and the RN Joining the Royal Navy 19
MoD_RSS Corona Virus outbreak: Flights from China MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £22 million awarded to life-saving health charities during virus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The United Kingdom announces two COVID-19 response services for eligible developing countries to help combat the impact of the virus on international MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM: ‘It’s humanity against the virus’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government begins large-scale virus infection and antibody test study MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vaccine update: issue 302, November 2019, virus special edition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tick-borne encephalitis virus detected in ticks in the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New legislation to prevent harmful rose virus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ebola Virus Disease Outbreak: Update on UK Response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Bluetongue virus detected and dealt with in cattle in Yorkshire MoD News 0
Ballistic Anti-virus software Bloody Computers 2
NotmeChief Got a Virus - damn Bloody Computers 2
(granny) computer virus's Current Affairs 2
Scouse_Castaway New PC- Best Anti Virus? Bloody Computers 42
Rumrat Virus alert Current Affairs 4
(granny) A computer virus. Bloody Computers 4
RN_Commando conficker virus Bloody Computers 18
babystew nasty virus Bloody Computers 16
Y NEW VIRUS Bloody Computers 35
Seaweed VIRUS WARNING RED Current Affairs 3
N Prevent Virus infection on your PC Diamond Lil's 2