Corona Virus

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Just coming out of 2 weeks of that.
Get her to sit in an upright chair and take deliberate controlled breath's, it will help if the breathing goes pair shaped, 7 days of that 2 weeks were very dark and not really in my memory.
Look after her and yourself, scrub out for skippers rounds at least once a day, and wash hands lots

Good luck
Scrubbing out each day before she was turned in so no bother.
But, cheers for advice otherwise sumo.
I just couldn't believe what she was told to do.
Anyway, she's part of a big club now.

Sumo

War Hero
Scrubbing out each day before she was turned in so no bother.
But, cheers for advice otherwise sumo.
I just couldn't believe what she was told to do.
Anyway, she's part of a big club now.
I have inhalers, I turned my tongue saw taking Ventolin
other than that, Paracetamol type drugs.
Menthol type sucking sweets, helps sooth throat and open airways.
Drinks , drink gallons, water is boring, I used juices.

slim

War Hero
Nicked from ROMFT

ust be careful because people are going crazy from being in lock down!
Actually I've just been talking about this with the microwave and toaster while drinking coffee and all of us agreed that things are getting bad.
I didn't mention anything to the washing machine as she puts a different spin on everything, and certainly not to the fridge as he is acting cold and distant.
In the end though, the iron calmed me down as she said everything will be fine, no situation is too pressing. The hoover was very unsympathetic... told me to just suck it up, but the fan was more optimistic and hoped it would all soon blow over!
The toilet looked a bit flushed when I asked its opinion, and didn’t say anything but the door knob told me to get a grip.
The front door said I was unhinged and so the curtains told me to ...
Yes, you guessed it ... pull myself together

BillyNoMates

War Hero
c. is your watch any good?
d. do you have an ironing board & what Iron do you use?
Answers.

1. I did 1st watch which was okay
2. Currently, ironing has been called off because we don't go anywhere. The crumpled look is the new smooth.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero

mainbrace

Lantern Swinger
The skipper of the US carrier Theodore Roosevelt, currently in Guam, with about 100 of its 5000 crew with the virus, has just been relieved of his command. He sent a letter to the Pentagon, critical of the US Navy's response to the virus. The letter was leaked and has just been reproduced in the Daily Mail and the skipper does not pull his punches. I can only copy/paste one page at a time (I think that's due to Navy Net's posting restrictions), so if the moderator allows, I'll do consecutive posts.
1585910620018.png

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
The USN are very quick to bin COs - there have been several recently. However, as stated, this one could backfire on the CoC.

He sounds a good egg.

March 31, 2020, 3:17 PM BST By Elisha Fieldstadt

Doctor pulled over for speeding. Instead of a ticket, the officer gave her ---

Sarosh Ashraf Janjua wrote in a Facebook post Friday that when a Minnesota state trooper pulled her over and looked at her Massachusetts license, he asked her what she was doing so far from home. She told him that she travels to the state every month to work as a fill-in cardiologist.

Janjua, 37, wrote that the trooper went to his car to scan her license plate number and firmly told her that "it was very irresponsible of me to be speeding, especially since I would not only take up resources if I got into an accident, but would also not be in a position to help patients."

The Minnesota State Patrol has shared on Facebook that more people were speeding and driving aggressively in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic. "Col. Matt Langer is asking Minnesota motorists to do their part to make sure hospital beds are available for those dealing with COVID-19," MSP said in a statement.

Janjua wrote that she felt "thoroughly chastised," and waited for the trooper to hand her a ticket. "Instead, he told me he was going to let me off with a warning," Janjua wrote. "As I sputtered to apologize and say thank you, he reached in to hand me what I assumed was my license back."

"It wasn’t until my hand had closed around what he was giving me that its unexpected bulkiness drew my eyes to it," she wrote.

"Five N95 masks, from the supply the state had given him for his protection."

Janjua said the gesture brought her to tears and "though it may just have been the cold wind, I think he teared up a little as well, before wishing me well and walking away."

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NavyStuff2020 Passed the virtual AIB during corona virus pandemic with competitive score (Early May) Joining the Royal Navy 19
D Corona virus-Will Navy Net ever recover? Diamond Lil's 20
MoD_RSS Corona virus (COVID-19) - Updates and changes to services MoD News 0
fishhead Corona Virus and the RN Joining the Royal Navy 22
MoD_RSS Corona Virus outbreak: Flights from China MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £22 million awarded to life-saving health charities during virus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The United Kingdom announces two COVID-19 response services for eligible developing countries to help combat the impact of the virus on international MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM: ‘It’s humanity against the virus’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government begins large-scale virus infection and antibody test study MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vaccine update: issue 302, November 2019, virus special edition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tick-borne encephalitis virus detected in ticks in the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New legislation to prevent harmful rose virus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ebola Virus Disease Outbreak: Update on UK Response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Bluetongue virus detected and dealt with in cattle in Yorkshire MoD News 0
Ballistic Anti-virus software Bloody Computers 2
NotmeChief Got a Virus - damn Bloody Computers 2
(granny) computer virus's Current Affairs 2
Scouse_Castaway New PC- Best Anti Virus? Bloody Computers 42
Rumrat Virus alert Current Affairs 4
(granny) A computer virus. Bloody Computers 4
RN_Commando conficker virus Bloody Computers 18
babystew nasty virus Bloody Computers 16
Y NEW VIRUS Bloody Computers 35
Seaweed VIRUS WARNING RED Current Affairs 3
N Prevent Virus infection on your PC Diamond Lil's 2

Latest Threads