Corona Virus

Oddly enough, and with no prompting from me, my schoolteacher daughter did wake her brood up at 0700 today with the happy news of overnight emails calling her four (Ages 6, 9, 12 & 3) back to their schools today.

Each of them fell for it with sleepy bad grace and subsequent sense of humour failures on realising the date.

Ha ha, that's my Girl !!

:EVIL:

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Spanish Flu 1919 vs Covid-19 2020.
file-20180109-36019-q61srv.jpg2003301533-Inside-the-first-NHS-Nightingale-Hospital.jpg
Have we (management speak) "learned lessons/taken it onboard/got all our fucking ducks in a row?"

Have we bollocks.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
It’s been a funny (sic) couple of days, A couple of ‘little problems’ that would normally be resolved in a couple of days.

We have a friend with a badly broken ankle. As she lives in a flat with lots of steps, we have let her live in our apartment, as it is all on one level, friends along the road have been popping in, taking food to her etc….. Until Sunday, when the key would not operate our hugely expensive and secure (as I’ve since found out) front door. We called out a locksmith, who had to check and get permission from the police to travel. He got the door open, but announced that the lock is knackered. He left it unable to be opened from the inside OR outside using the key - it can only be opened using the handle from the inside. This means at the moment we cannot leave the place unoccupied!

This lock is a real piece of work. The door and lock are Dierre (Italian, model Sparta 5) if you are interested! No local shops stock the make, probably have to go to Malaga or Granada. Now normally, a quick call to the manufacturer would have me getting a lock sent and installing it in about 24 hours. But not at the moment….

Then in our house. We have a well, from which we pump water into a large tank. Then there is another pump which detects a drop in pressure when a tap is turned on, thereby operating the pump. Well, it’s gone tits up too! It’s the pressure detector. The pump works - it just means I have to run out and turn it on for showers etc. So, called the local pump shop - are you open, yes. Do you have a pump and pressure control, yes.t

Set off this afternoon, having written a letter of justification for the police Guardia Civil, Army or whatever. Lots of checkpoints, but I didn’t get stopped. The man in the pump shop - HE LIED. However he might be able to get one by Friday or Saturday.

Happy days. Thank God for gin / rum.

Sumo

War Hero
It’s been a funny (sic) couple of days, A couple of ‘little problems’ that would normally be resolved in a couple of days.

We have a friend with a badly broken ankle. As she lives in a flat with lots of steps, we have let her live in our apartment, as it is all on one level, friends along the road have been popping in, taking food to her etc….. Until Sunday, when the key would not operate our hugely expensive and secure (as I’ve since found out) front door. We called out a locksmith, who had to check and get permission from the police to travel. He got the door open, but announced that the lock is knackered. He left it unable to be opened from the inside OR outside using the key - it can only be opened using the handle from the inside. This means at the moment we cannot leave the place unoccupied!

This lock is a real piece of work. The door and lock are Dierre (Italian, model Sparta 5) if you are interested! No local shops stock the make, probably have to go to Malaga or Granada. Now normally, a quick call to the manufacturer would have me getting a lock sent and installing it in about 24 hours. But not at the moment….

Then in our house. We have a well, from which we pump water into a large tank. Then there is another pump which detects a drop in pressure when a tap is turned on, thereby operating the pump. Well, it’s gone tits up too! It’s the pressure detector. The pump works - it just means I have to run out and turn it on for showers etc. So, called the local pump shop - are you open, yes. Do you have a pump and pressure control, yes.t

Set off this afternoon, having written a letter of justification for the police Guardia Civil, Army or whatever. Lots of checkpoints, but I didn’t get stopped. The man in the pump shop - HE LIED. However he might be able to get one by Friday or Saturday.

Happy days. Thank God for gin / rum.
Is that enforced lockdown? They say the test of home security is to lock yourself out, and try and get in? A chap in the peri shop had to get fire brigade to go in via his roof, by removing tiles.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Is that enforced lockdown? They say the test of home security is to lock yourself out, and try and get in? A chap in the peri shop had to get fire brigade to go in via his roof, by removing tiles.
Actually, a guy a couple of doors along has said that if we DO get locked out, we can go into his father's house next door then hop across the outside terrace wall. All we have to do is make sure the external blinds are up and one window is cracked open...... Just in case.

Sumo

War Hero
Actually, a guy a couple of doors along has said that if we DO get locked out, we can go into his father's house next door then hop across the outside terrace wall. All we have to do is make sure the external blinds are up and one window is cracked open...... Just in case.
you a tadge old for the James Bond antics?

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Serious nut on.

Any legal eagles out there that can offer advice and guidance in neanderthal language that I understand with regards to writing a Last Will & Testament?
"Mirror wills. IHT limits, executors....." Wahhhh, my brain hurts. Me and WolfPack want a simple solution that basically states "I die - you get it, you die I get it, or if we both go to Coronaland in the sky together, the daughters and (most) of their tribes get it"
I'm trawling the interweb net for a viable and legally correct option but this is not my area of expertise. I just lift and move heavy things.
And yes, I know I should've got round to doing this yonks ago, but, as usual, it got put on the back burner for way too long.

Serious nut off.

BNM

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NavyStuff2020 Passed the virtual AIB during corona virus pandemic with competitive score (Early May) Joining the Royal Navy 20
D Corona virus-Will Navy Net ever recover? Diamond Lil's 20
MoD_RSS Corona virus (COVID-19) - Updates and changes to services MoD News 0
fishhead Corona Virus and the RN Joining the Royal Navy 22
MoD_RSS Corona Virus outbreak: Flights from China MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £22 million awarded to life-saving health charities during virus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The United Kingdom announces two COVID-19 response services for eligible developing countries to help combat the impact of the virus on international MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM: ‘It’s humanity against the virus’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government begins large-scale virus infection and antibody test study MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vaccine update: issue 302, November 2019, virus special edition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tick-borne encephalitis virus detected in ticks in the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New legislation to prevent harmful rose virus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ebola Virus Disease Outbreak: Update on UK Response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Bluetongue virus detected and dealt with in cattle in Yorkshire MoD News 0
Ballistic Anti-virus software Bloody Computers 2
NotmeChief Got a Virus - damn Bloody Computers 2
(granny) computer virus's Current Affairs 2
Scouse_Castaway New PC- Best Anti Virus? Bloody Computers 42
Rumrat Virus alert Current Affairs 4
(granny) A computer virus. Bloody Computers 4
RN_Commando conficker virus Bloody Computers 18
babystew nasty virus Bloody Computers 16
Y NEW VIRUS Bloody Computers 35
Seaweed VIRUS WARNING RED Current Affairs 3
N Prevent Virus infection on your PC Diamond Lil's 2