Corona Virus

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Any vaccine can make you seriously ill. Indeed, any form of medication can make you seriously ill.
Indeed. Here in Spain we have to be VERY careful, as not all the doctors are aware of this and still prescribe it. It seem northern Europeans are affected - some have died.

Waspie

War Hero
Interesting comment here:

Any vaccine can make you seriously ill. Indeed, any form of medication can make you seriously ill. Certain types of operation can kill you. So what is supposedly different in this one from all the other vaccines he/she happily (or simply unquestioningly) received?

Stats suggest that getting the thing it is attempting to give you immunity against is far, far more likely to result in serious illness or death than in not getting it. Or in this case, getting it but not having the same probability of serious outcome. But there is still a chance that the vaccine may result in poor health. I have yet to hear of anyone who has died of getting a vaccine though. I have heard of plenty who have died with COVID.

It is a case of 1 in thousands as opposed to one in millions. And of course, there is the argument that getting it may not kill me - but it is likely to kill someone I know who got it because of me.

Same old arguments going around and around and around though. This kind of issue was inevitable once they stopped thinking you had joined an armed force and were now to be regarded as employees in a job.
What gets me! He's in the armed services. A job with no guarantee of life if he goes into a conflict!! Perhaps he shouldn't have joined the mob as there is not only a risk of becoming ill, but of becoming DEAD!!!

Out of interest what rank was this muppet!!!!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
What gets me! He's in the armed services. A job with no guarantee of life if he goes into a conflict!! Perhaps he shouldn't have joined the mob as there is not only a risk of becoming ill, but of becoming DEAD!!!

Out of interest what rank was this muppet!!!!
Scarily, he's aChief!!:oops:

Stirlin

War Hero
Racist ?.

South African scientists - praised internationally for first detecting the Omicron variant - have accused Western nations of ignoring early evidence that the new Covid variant was "dramatically" milder than those which drove previous waves of the pandemic.
Two of South Africa's most prominent coronavirus experts told the BBC that Western scepticism about their work could be construed as "racist," or, at least, a refusal "to believe the science because it came from Africa".
"It seems like high-income countries are much more able to absorb bad news that comes from countries like South Africa," said Prof Shabir Madhi, a vaccine expert at Johannesburg's University of the Witwatersrand.
"When we're providing good news, all of a sudden there's a whole lot of scepticism. I would call that racism."

fishhead

War Hero
Racist ?.

South African scientists - praised internationally for first detecting the Omicron variant - have accused Western nations of ignoring early evidence that the new Covid variant was "dramatically" milder than those which drove previous waves of the pandemic.
Two of South Africa's most prominent coronavirus experts told the BBC that Western scepticism about their work could be construed as "racist," or, at least, a refusal "to believe the science because it came from Africa".
"It seems like high-income countries are much more able to absorb bad news that comes from countries like South Africa," said Prof Shabir Madhi, a vaccine expert at Johannesburg's University of the Witwatersrand.
"When we're providing good news, all of a sudden there's a whole lot of scepticism. I would call that racism."
The British population is both large and multicultural and is concentrated on a small island where as South Africa's is not. SA's omicron struck in their Spring whereas ours came just as winter seriously arrived. Despite the assurances from SA it would have been a very brave decision to ignore it and carry on as normal.
To invoke the word "racism" is showing ignorance of other nation's situation and completely unwarranted.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
The British population is both large and multicultural and is concentrated on a small island where as South Africa's is not. SA's omicron struck in their Spring whereas ours came just as winter seriously arrived. Despite the assurances from SA it would have been a very brave decision to ignore it and carry on as normal.
To invoke the word "racism" is showing ignorance of other nation's situation and completely unwarranted.
Yeh, yeh, but what about old whasisname, you know, that other Nelson bloke........

Ballistic

War Hero
Yeh, yeh, but what about old whasisname, you know, that other Nelson bloke........
24c7b16be36ba7d87d94ddcb785e1166.jpg