Corona Virus

taffscrivs

War Hero
After me and my oppo having boosters Friday it's Ladies day. Our wives are having theirs this morning. Plan was we all jump in the car, they have the jabs, fire on down to 'Spoons in Monmouth for brekkie and then on to The Boat Inn, Penallt for a quick pint as oppo and wife have never visited this brilliant riverside pub and then home.
This plan has gone tits up as my mate has taken to his bed with bad side effects from his jab on Friday and is still poorly, whilst I'm fine. We both went to pub after jabs on Friday, me drinking Stowfords, him on Wye Valley HPA. I was going to contact Chris Whitty as this seems to show that cider is better than beer in combating the side effects of the Pfizer booster, but I don't think he'd accept it as a scientific fact without further research.

Sumo

War Hero
After me and my oppo having boosters Friday it's Ladies day. Our wives are having theirs this morning. Plan was we all jump in the car, they have the jabs, fire on down to 'Spoons in Monmouth for brekkie and then on to The Boat Inn, Penallt for a quick pint as oppo and wife have never visited this brilliant riverside pub and then home.
This plan has gone tits up as my mate has taken to his bed with bad side effects from his jab on Friday and is still poorly, whilst I'm fine. We both went to pub after jabs on Friday, me drinking Stowfords, him on Wye Valley HPA. I was going to contact Chris Whitty as this seems to show that cider is better than beer in combating the side effects of the Pfizer booster, but I don't think he'd accept it as a scientific fact without further research.
You will need to set up a trial involving blind testing, this will involve people getting pissed for no reason, uumm sounds familiar.
You will have to apply for government funding, are you on the conservative fast track?
Volunteers will be required as well as multiple alcohol supplies.
You could become an hero to the brewery industry, but in this woke society accused of all manor of things.
The road to scientific proof can be hell.

Last edited:

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Last night we were out with friends. They are not short of a few bob, having a house here and others in the UK and USA. Due to the lockdown, the USA house hadn't been lived in for a while and was looking scruffy - the gardener wasn't doing his job and wasn't responding well to emails. One of the guys decided to nip across to sort it out. He has UK and Irish passports - which is an important part of the tale, as holders of an Irish passport can enter the EU easily.

This may not be 100% accurate, but is a precis of his tale! He flew London to Madrid, Madrid to Cancun, then Cancun to Los Angeles, swapping passports as required. Went to the house for about 10 days and got things sorted, then LA to London, where he produced a negative QR code he's used at least 4 times before and entered Heathrow.....!

Last week he flew back to the UK for some medical appointment - same trick and said he was flying back next day, which is a whole set of different rules.

I do not condone this at all, but it serves to prove how easy it is to circumvent 'the UK system' if you want/can afford to.

In mitigation, they do a Lateral Flow test every two days. So that's OK then.......

Sumo

War Hero
Waiting for all the fall out and moaning about my liberty is being taken?

258187988_3243232235906039_4622369503105431345_n.jpg