Corona Virus

taffscrivs

War Hero
Fixed, no charge
That's why I won't be going to the pub, to avoid all those that got pissed the night before and then went for a takeaway on the way home, probably ignoring the social distancing rules as they went. Don't get me wrong I really enjoy visiting the pub but a fair few that also go think the rules apply to everyone but them. Personally I'll lessen the risk to me and mine and stay away.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
41 in few weeks (sprog), and getting my first jab next Friday. Also been booked for second jab on 6th August.
Starting on the 30’s next, so fair one. Rattling through.

But, as said above by Taff, think I’ll stay away from pub next week.

Mongols united will be out anyway.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
That's why I won't be going to the pub, to avoid all those that got pissed the night before and then went for a takeaway on the way home, probably ignoring the social distancing rules as they went. Don't get me wrong I really enjoy visiting the pub but a fair few that also go think the rules apply to everyone but them. Personally I'll lessen the risk to me and mine and stay away.
Perzactly! Added to the above that here the Spanish are very 'huggy and kissy' too and we still have some areas tightly locked down. We still have to have face-masks at all times, unless smoking, drinking or eating - so lots of chances to subvert the system! Also, as the weather is consistently good now, we have the hordes travelling to the coast from Madrid, Sevilla and Granada for the weekend, potentially bringing all their bugs with them. Another weekend sitting at home in the sun drinking G&T, or possible a Dark and Stormy!

slim

War Hero
Anyone else noticed that the highest incidents of Covid 19 occur in areas populated by Ethnic communities?
Thursday was Eide.
Reading the Muslim population was out in force in their very smart new outfits.
Looking very nice and smart and all ready to enjoy a joyful time after Ramadan.
Good luck to them and let them enjoy themselves.
However many of them were hugging and kissing each other.
I do hope that this does not lead to an increase of Covid 19 in the area which affects everyone

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I don't like being a prophet of doom, however, I can see a spike looming in a few weeks as a combination of loosening of controls and opening of travel. Lockdown Christmas #2 anyone?

'They' are already talking of stricter controls in certain areas - Wee Krankie has already done this in Scotland, pre-empting Boris. Funny that the English locations of concern would appear to be in areas where there are lot of people who disagree with vaccination yet now have their own variant......

Stirlin

War Hero
Also, the ethnic minority(?) within these area’s seem to have their own rules to suit themselves.

#justsaying
It has always been tradition that whole familys from Grandpa down to great grandson/daughter all live together in the same house , cousins visit often . It is in these areas like Bolton which has a large Asian population where these same do not trust the vaccines......if they looked to their mother country where some of their relatives are suffering with covid they should be looking to be jabbed ASAP. It is up to our MP's to get out MORE in these communities doorstepping to encourage folks to get the jab. They are all over the place like a bad suit when it is election time so no excuse as most are at home on zoom meetings.
Come on Pritti , kick them up the rse and get them out there.

fishhead

War Hero
The Aussies get it right , BZ.

It's easier for the Aussies to haul up the drawbridge as there are few opportunities for people to sneak in unnoticed. People flying in from the Indian sub-continent are supposed to go into quarantine for the very reasonable cost of 1700 quid. Sod that we'll simply fly to mainland Europe and finish the journey from there no questions asked by nosey Borderforce. I wonder how the Indian strain found it's way to sunny Bolton with no-one noticing?

Perry

Lantern Swinger
Leaving the door open for several days and not announcing an immediate quarantine for anyone flying in from overseas.

When they put up booze, fags and petrol as part of the budget its from 6pm or midnight on the day. When they announce travel restrictions due to covid its from a week on Friday.

No wonder Bolton have numerous cases :mad:

Perry

Lantern Swinger
It's easier for the Aussies to haul up the drawbridge as there are few opportunities for people to sneak in unnoticed. People flying in from the Indian sub-continent are supposed to go into quarantine for the very reasonable cost of 1700 quid. Sod that we'll simply fly to mainland Europe and finish the journey from there no questions asked by nosey Borderforce. I wonder how the Indian strain found it's way to sunny Bolton with no-one noticing?

How we got the Indian strain, leaving the door open.
Not closing the borders until its too late.

My excuse is that Leicester finally won the FA cup and I had been celebrating.