Corona Virus

BillyNoMates

War Hero
I do think that here in Spain, the 'Establishment' is doing MUCH more to foster the 'Blitz' spirit than back in the UK - I've heard of the clapping last night (and to be done every Thursday) and seen it on the news - and yes, it is a lovely sign of solidarity.

However, they are doing it EVERY night here. Also, the emergency services are going round in convoys, sirens whooping and loudspeakers blaring out an 'Anthem'. They have been going round all the streets and last night stopped at all the supermarkets from big multi-nationals down to little corner shops and clapped all the workers. I have to say it is a bit surreal seeing all the Guardia / Policia Local in rig and blue gloves and face-masks dancing around and clapping!

Video available if anyone wants to see it!

PS Get well soon Boris!
Stay well and safe....all of you out there in Spain and beyond.

Billy & WolfPack.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Mmmmm - check out the Madrid numbers. London - stand by.

Coronavirus - FRIDAY 27th March

- 64.059 infected (+7.871 over the previous day)

- 4.858 deaths (+769 over the previous day).

Infected;
WEDNESDAY-----THURSDAY-------FRIDAY
47.610-------------56.188-----------64.059
Deaths;
WEDNESDAY-----THURSDAY---------FRIDAY
3.434-------------4.089----------------4.858
1585329439423.png

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Stay healthy SB, and all fellow Rummers and their families.
Cheers m'dear! As above, how's Cyprus coping?

Mrs S-B hasn't been out (to town as opposed to going on the terrace/garden!) for two and a bit weeks. After the initial blip, she is surprised how easily and quickly she has adapted to patrol lockdown conditions.

Sumo

War Hero
Cheers m'dear! As above, how's Cyprus coping?

Mrs S-B hasn't been out (to town as opposed to going on the terrace/garden!) for two and a bit weeks. After the initial blip, she is surprised how easily and quickly she has adapted to patrol lockdown conditions.
Patrol conditions with fresh air.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Don't tell me, he still won the Election.?
Just think if he was in charge, he would still be debating how not to offend anyone.
If he was in charge I'd be wondering about how I'm going to afford to pay for all the dossers, who have never worked, during this lockdown.
I'm self employed btw.
ETA. Probably for the political bollocks thread. Sorry, off topic.

Last edited:

skyvet

GCM
Fishhead and Sonar Bender :- Current score here in Cyprus (Greek Republic) is 146 cases with 6 deaths, out of a population of 1.2 million. The vast majority of people seem to be observing the isolation , but there are always exceptions to the rule!
Mrs. Skyvet and I are maintaining patrol routine :)

Sumo

War Hero
Fishhead and Sonar Bender :- Current score here in Cyprus (Greek Republic) is 146 cases with 6 deaths, out of a population of 1.2 million. The vast majority of people seem to be observing the isolation , but there are always exceptions to the rule!
Mrs. Skyvet and I are maintaining patrol routine :)
Run silent run deep

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Following current Government guide lines, any zombie attacks will come under the social distancing rules of 2m between each zombie.

The police throughout the UK will be following a softer approach to the zombie threat. This will initially involve a verbal warning. Non-compliance will result in a £60 fine and possible arrest.

If the zombie fails to react to the above, the police may take further and heavier action. In accordance with police training, the zombies brains will be smashed in. This will stop them travelling in cars, gathering together in parks, or having BBQs. Any zombies found to be driving to the countryside or beach will instantly have the brain smashing treatment applied to them. This comes under special order “Complete Fuckwit 19”.

The public are asked to report any zombie outbreak and gathering directly to the police in order to stop this stupidity. Keep safe and stay indoors.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NavyStuff2020 Passed the virtual AIB during corona virus pandemic with competitive score (Early May) Joining the Royal Navy 20
D Corona virus-Will Navy Net ever recover? Diamond Lil's 20
MoD_RSS Corona virus (COVID-19) - Updates and changes to services MoD News 0
fishhead Corona Virus and the RN Joining the Royal Navy 22
MoD_RSS Corona Virus outbreak: Flights from China MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £22 million awarded to life-saving health charities during virus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The United Kingdom announces two COVID-19 response services for eligible developing countries to help combat the impact of the virus on international MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM: ‘It’s humanity against the virus’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government begins large-scale virus infection and antibody test study MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vaccine update: issue 302, November 2019, virus special edition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tick-borne encephalitis virus detected in ticks in the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New legislation to prevent harmful rose virus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ebola Virus Disease Outbreak: Update on UK Response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Bluetongue virus detected and dealt with in cattle in Yorkshire MoD News 0
Ballistic Anti-virus software Bloody Computers 2
NotmeChief Got a Virus - damn Bloody Computers 2
(granny) computer virus's Current Affairs 2
Scouse_Castaway New PC- Best Anti Virus? Bloody Computers 42
Rumrat Virus alert Current Affairs 4
(granny) A computer virus. Bloody Computers 4
RN_Commando conficker virus Bloody Computers 18
babystew nasty virus Bloody Computers 16
Y NEW VIRUS Bloody Computers 35
Seaweed VIRUS WARNING RED Current Affairs 3
N Prevent Virus infection on your PC Diamond Lil's 2

Latest Threads