Corona Virus

Jacobus

War Hero
Agreed. They’ve been getting paid for doing next to sweet FA for the last 12 months. Now whining about getting tested ( home kits can be bought by LEA’s and used ) and bloody fatigue having to work in to the summer holidays. This final lockdown has done incredible collateral damage to kids, both from the educational ans social standpoint.

slim

War Hero
Agreed. They’ve been getting paid for doing next to sweet FA for the last 12 months. Now whining about getting tested ( home kits can be bought by LEA’s and used ) and bloody fatigue having to work in to the summer holidays. This final lockdown has done incredible collateral damage to kids, both from the educational ans social standpoint.
My Daughter is a teacher and has been in the classroom teaching face to face since Covid began.
Not only has she been teaching in the classroom she has been on line teaching as well.
Schools have been open for essential workers kids since the start.
The latest lockdown resulted in numbers of children in school increasing dramatically.
I have had my vaccination but would gladly have waited a few more weeks for it as my wife and I have been obeying government instructions since the start. Waiting would not have affected us but we both believe that Police, Teachers, Shop assistants and other essential services staff deserve the protection of the vaccine

Sumo

War Hero
My Daughter is a teacher and has been in the classroom teaching face to face since Covid began.
Not only has she been teaching in the classroom she has been on line teaching as well.
The latest lockdown resulted in numbers of children in school increasing dramatically.
I have had my vaccination but would gladly have waited a few more weeks for it as my wife and I have been obeying government instructions since the start. Waiting would not have affected us but we both believe that Police, Teachers, Shop assistants and other essential services staff deserve the protection of the vaccine
Some yes, my daughter runs a Forrest school for under 9s. As they are fairly new, they would not get any gov help, if they clos d, and once gov said they had to stay open? But on the other hand both of my next door are teachers, been home almost a year on full pay, no furlough for government employees? They have very loosely played by covid rules.

Jacobus

War Hero
My apologies. Not fair to tar everyone with the same brush. And I know that some teachers have been full on, with essential workers’ kids etc. My experience however, has not been of that. Being asked to be tested regularly, and perhaps open in the summer, so that kids can sit crucial exams etc, is not too much to ask for most of them. Not compared to the shit that my profession has to go trough just to get the job done; that’s assuming that you still have a job.

slim

War Hero
Some yes, my daughter runs a Forrest school for under 9s. As they are fairly new, they would not get any gov help, if they clos d, and once gov said they had to stay open? But on the other hand both of my next door are teachers, been home almost a year on full pay, no furlough for government employees? They have very loosely played by covid rules.
Sumo
I think that you will find that these two teachers have been teaching lessons all this time using the internet.
This method takes far more time and effort than face to face teaching in a classroom.
I know because though my daughter has been face to face teaching at the same time she is teaching the lesson over tinternet.
She is working harder now than ever

Sumo

War Hero
Sumo
I think that you will find that these two teachers have been teaching lessons all this time using the internet.
This method takes far more time and effort than face to face teaching in a classroom.
I know because though my daughter has been face to face teaching at the same time she is teaching the lesson over tinternet.
He is a Phys we teacher I have heard him 5 hours plus pumping iron his his garden, next to my office in my summer house., Or doing work in his garden. She may have been as a senior school science teacher.

Sumo
Aye & very similar to my daughter, currently a supply teacher filling a maternity absence. Besides her daily on-line teaching commitments she has reams of extra work - prepping/chasing/marking assignments besides searching out absentee pupils and chasing up/liaising with often disinterested parents on a daily basis. One day per week she'll attend the school the other four days teaching on-line to her various classes.

Meanwhile. also working at home, her husband is flat out on-line with his own key Uni Admin role and her four younkers (aged betwixt six & nearly sixteen are also receiving their own lessons & preparing coursework etc for several hours per day on line too.

How their broadband router & connections haven't tripped or burned out long ago is beyond me.

Oh, BTW her terms of employment cover only weeks worked - Nil paid holidays & half terms but rarely> The Agencies might be coining it but her and her ilk are not. She manages it all out of sheer enthusiasm, dedication and the job satisfaction of developing the youth of today whilst still finding time to clock up several hours per week, mostly on-line as a Sea Cadet civilian Instructor & the co-ordinator of district training activities,

So there are Teachers (v. v. Busy) & Teachers (far less so). Too easy & simplistic but a little thoughtless & unkind to tar 'em all with the same broad brush.

Biker Buster

Lantern Swinger
Up here the schools have been staffed by the teaching assistants. Not a whiney bastard teacher in sight.
Too busy avoiding online teaching as they consider there is no value.
Erself was a school business manager for 5 years so teachers get quarter from me. Workshy bastards.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Ballistic

War Hero
158563125_439139290685157_2842723741937529491_n.jpg

Latest Threads