Corona Virus

Sumo

War Hero
I think she needs to watch her words?

"The first minister also updates the chamber on progress.

As of 08:30 on Thursday, a total of 1,515,980 people have received the first dose."

Good news in the air for the younger PSOFs/thrusters =

08:18, Fri, Feb 26, 2021 | UPDATED: 09:32, Fri, Feb 26, 2021

<<...Tonight the Health Secretary will confirm how the Government intends to go about vaccinating all adults under-50 by its deadline of July 31.

The independent Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI), which is made up of medical professionals and scientists, made its recommendations on how to rollout the jab to the rest of the adult population earlier this week.

In a blow to Sir Keir Starmer, who has repeatedly called for teachers to be next in line to get a Covid antidote, the JCVI is understood to have recommended the Government continues to implement its immunisation programme based on age.

Speaking to the Commons science and technology committee on Wednesday, Prof Anthony Harnden, the deputy chair of the JCVI, said teachers were at no greater risk of catching coronavirus...>>

fishhead

War Hero
Yep Jonathan Van-Tam the Deputy Chief Medical Officer in England said Teachers were not even in the top ten of most at risk vocations so they'd be in the same queue as everyone else for the vaccine.

LifebuoyGhost

Lantern Swinger
Yep Jonathan Van-Tam the Deputy Chief Medical Officer in England said Teachers were not even in the top ten of most at risk vocations so they'd be in the same queue as everyone else for the vaccine.
Should have done all front line staff at the very beginning - we would still be pretty much at the same place now as regards vulnerable vaccinated - me and mrs LBG would happily have waited another week or so cos we don’t break any of the rules at all so I’m sure we would have been fine - and if it would have shut the whingeing teacher’s unions up then my blood pressure would have been much improved

Latest Threads