Corona Virus

Perry

Lantern Swinger
I had plasma following an op and having really low blood pressure, dont know how low as I was out of it. Apparently a plasma transfusion raises blood pressure quicker than fluids but saves a full blown blood transfusion (saved that for 20 years later).

Tested for antibodies, had letter back saying I was now on their antibodies donor list, and they would be in touch, that was early December, nothing heard since?

How's your sense of smell coming on?
Smell is slowly coming back, occasionally get a whiff of things.

Got an email on Friday the test kit should be delivered today, I have to use it and send back the same day.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
That's it - we're back into lockdown as from 0001 Wednesday, though they keep saying 2400.... now I know why Pusser had 2359 and 0001 - no confusion. No end date given though.

Not a lockdown as such, but VERY strict travel limitations - can't leave the municipal area except for work or hospital appointments. Luckily we have a couple of decent supermarkets. A mate live just outside of town and he is restricted to using his local corner shop. I've been stopped at checkpoints every time I go out recently - think it's great if they catch some of these dickeads that are breaking the rules.

Sumo

War Hero
That's it - we're back into lockdown as from 0001 Wednesday, though they keep saying 2400.... now I know why Pusser had 2359 and 0001 - no confusion. No end date given though.

Not a lockdown as such, but VERY strict travel limitations - can't leave the municipal area except for work or hospital appointments. Luckily we have a couple of decent supermarkets. A mate live just outside of town and he is restricted to using his local corner shop. I've been stopped at checkpoints every time I go out recently - think it's great if they catch some of these dickeads that are breaking the rules.
I wonder how big a kick off, the UK entitle would give, if the police had check points on all major roads?

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Some of Dorset's beauty spots are getting checks now, a couple of days ago they found a family enjoying the sea air at Mudeford, they had come down from Newcastle gone camping in Wales then decided to visit Dorset before having a look around London on their way back up North. They are several pounds out of pocket#

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Our roads are much less 'developed' than the UK. Roads are few and far between - there is a coastal motorway from Gib to Barcelona and some stretches of minor coastal road. It's pretty difficult, if not impossible, to take a detour. So it is very easy for them to set up check-points at large roundabouts or choke-points. NOBODY gets passed! Every vehicle is stopped. There are known places they set up - but this knowledge is useless, as there isn't an alternative route!

They periodically do this for drugs or drinking and driving too. I have no problem with it, as they do catch a lot of naughty people!

taffscrivs

War Hero
All seems fairly quiet here in borderland at the moment, the boy was off to the quarry to do some welding yesterday and met the previously mentioned incomers on the road. It's narrow lanes up in the hills round here so he had to pull over to let them pass. They were very apologetic about their now former friends from Reading coming down on a surprise visit at New Year and told him that they have contacted all friends and relatives, telling them they're not to visit during this pandemic. As the boy says, it's not before time, but good on them anyway, as they are obviously taking the situation seriously.

Sumo

War Hero
We have all been this knackard for different reasons in our RN days

Theirs is for putting up with far to much for to long, respect

1611734395947.png

Last edited: