Corona Virus

Sumo

War Hero
what don't these morons get, about stay at home, only leave for specified reasons, this not being one

Wedding party with 400 guests broken up by police​

A wedding party with 400 guests was broken up by police in east London last night, with the organisers in line for a £10,000 fine for breaking Covid restrictions.
The guests fled the scene when officers arrived at the Yesodey Hatorah Girls Grammar School in Stamford Hill, where they found the windows covered.
The area is home to the UK’s largest Charedi, or ultra-orthodox Jewish community.
A Metropolitan Police statement to community leaders, seen by the BBC, says there was clear evidence of a wedding having taken place.
The Met says organisers will be reported for consideration of a £10,000 fine under coronavirus regulations, while other guests were issued with smaller fines.

taffscrivs

War Hero
what don't these morons get, about stay at home, only leave for specified reasons, this not being one

Wedding party with 400 guests broken up by police​

A wedding party with 400 guests was broken up by police in east London last night, with the organisers in line for a £10,000 fine for breaking Covid restrictions.
The guests fled the scene when officers arrived at the Yesodey Hatorah Girls Grammar School in Stamford Hill, where they found the windows covered.
The area is home to the UK’s largest Charedi, or ultra-orthodox Jewish community.
A Metropolitan Police statement to community leaders, seen by the BBC, says there was clear evidence of a wedding having taken place.
The Met says organisers will be reported for consideration of a £10,000 fine under coronavirus regulations, while other guests were issued with smaller fines.
Names and address of everyone present should be taken and any seeking medical help in the near future due to covid should be made to pay for their treatment. Money could then be ploughed back into the NHS to help treat people being treated through no fault of their own. If that was made law perhaps all these feckwits would finally realise the rules apply to us all.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Names and address of everyone present should be taken and any seeking medical help in the near future due to covid should be made to pay for their treatment. Money could then be ploughed back into the NHS to help treat people being treated through no fault of their own. If that was made law perhaps all these feckwits would finally realise the rules apply to us all.
Stop their furlough/SEISS/universal credit etc.

Got an email last week from the NHS (Blood Plasma) asking if I would be willing to donate Blood Plasma (post Covid). Happy to help if it will help somebody so agreed. They are sending me out a finger prick blood sample kit in the post and if OK I will pop down to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge to give them an armful :)

Ballistic

War Hero
Got an email last week from the NHS (Blood Plasma) asking if I would be willing to donate Blood Plasma (post Covid). Happy to help if it will help somebody so agreed. They are sending me out a finger prick blood sample kit in the post and if OK I will pop down to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge to give them an armful :)
I thought they'd stopped bothering with the plasma thing because of no evidence of effectiveness.

I'm sure I saw a news report about that a couple of weeks ago...:confused:

Sumo

War Hero
Tested for antibodies, had letter back saying I was now on their antibodies donor list, and they would be in touch, that was early December, nothing heard since?

How's your sense of smell coming on?

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
I thought they'd stopped bothering with the plasma thing because of no evidence of effectiveness.

I'm sure I saw a news report about that a couple of weeks ago...:confused:

Still a requested resource in general:

Ineffective as potential convalescent treatment for COVID-19 though:

Was this maybe what you had seen?