Corona Virus

taffscrivs

War Hero
Called into Watford Gap services yesterday, (not by choice, needed a slash). Fask mask on following the arrows like a good boy and what happens? A bloke of obvious Asian origin, accompanied by his two sprogs almost collides with me as he's texting whilst walking the wrong side of the prescribed one way system. " Oh I'm sorry," He says.
My reply, "No you're not, if you cared about anyone else you'd stand still out of the way while you played on your bloody phone and you'd stop your kids running round rubbing their hands along every thing they see.' I have a pee, walk back outside and there's matey loading himself, his wife and his kids into a minibus with about half a dozen other Asian people. And the Government wonder why Covid spreads faster through ethnic communities?
Feckin' hell! End of rant...

mainbrace

Lantern Swinger
My bold....
Bollox , do you work for the BBC , are you a mate of Piers Morgan......the majority DO understand and those that do not are helped out by ..erm.. blerks like yourself as your post. Just another excuse from you to have a pop at the government

Stirling
OK you got me to bite. Are you suggesting 'bollocks' because what I reported isn't true - or do you perceive that because I mentioned the Daily Mirror, you conclude (perhaps) that I am a labour supporter?
I'll just put you in the Rembrandt. I'm a true Blue, and always have been...but I am a realist, and I will criticise where fair criticism is called for. It seems to me to be an unfortunate fact that the government are unwilling / unable to accept that they have made any cock ups. Yesterday, however, Boris' tone seemed to have mellowed when interviewed by Kuenssberg; he's clearly expecting a lot of criticism when the independent enquiry gets under way.
I'm no mate of Piers Morgan and have nothing to do with the media. I've been retired for almost 14 years. The subject of my post, of which you are critical, was facemask exemption cards. I know that the majority of people understand, but there will be a significant majority who don't understand, especially the exemptions. The exemption card (inter alia) is intended to openly identify those who don't have to wear a mask; they are therefore not at risk of incurring a £100 fine, or, indeed, incurring the wrath of members of the public who might get irate when they see people in shops who are not wearing them.
Question - 'Why weren't the exemption cards made available to those who need them?'
Answer - 'Because the government Minister and his team, responsible for the implementation of the facemask policy, have dropped a bollock and haven't made3 pr

mainbrace

Lantern Swinger
My bold....
Bollox , do you work for the BBC , are you a mate of Piers Morgan......the majority DO understand and those that do not are helped out by ..erm.. blerks like yourself as your post. Just another excuse from you to have a pop at the government
Stirling
OK, you got me to bite.
I don't work for the BBC and I'm not a mate of Piers Morgan. Just to put you in the Rembrandt, I am a true Blue and always have been. However, there are plenty of 'blerks' (?) like me, conservative supporters, who have enough between their ears, to know when the government has fcuked up - and who are not afraid to voice criticism when it is properly called for.
I note that this is not the first time on this site that you have scorned someone who has had the temerity to be critical of the government. All governments make mistakes. Get over it. Meanwhile, as long as we have freedom of speech in this country, I will continue to call it as I see it.
Take the blinkers off Stirl - or stay off the Leffe.

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
This, to me, looks like another almighty fcuk up by the government. They announced the requirement for face masks, together with a £100 fine for those failing to comply and a list, as long as your arm of exemptions - but have failed to properly deal with the issue of exemption cards.

You have already pointed out there there are people who can and will help. Second, if someone was spoken to by those who are legally enforcing the requirements then they will take these factors into account and won't be charging them or issuing a fine, whether or not they have a card. It's not like carrying it shields them from the virus now, is it.

So why is that the governments fault?

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
Question - 'Why weren't the exemption cards made available to those who need them?'
Answer - 'Because the government Minister and his team, responsible for the implementation of the facemask policy, have dropped a bollock and haven't made3 pr

If the card is not a specified legal requirement, why should the government spend even more cash making and distributing cards?

Stirl has responded the same way I have - it looks like a poor excuse to have a pop at the government unfairly.

Ballistic

War Hero
116255163_3163259807101836_127942893957006137_n.jpg

mainbrace

Lantern Swinger
If the card is not a specified legal requirement, why should the government spend even more cash making and distributing cards?

Stirl has responded the same way I have - it looks like a poor excuse to have a pop at the government unfairly.
Dredd
I'm glad you're not in charge of implementing any gov't policy - or are you! I wasn't having a pop at gov't policy , unfairly - quite the opposite.; but there is cause for complaint.
If you're going to introduce anything which might be construed as controvertsial, you have to make sure that you have covered all of the bases which might give cause for complaint / criticism. Time will tell, and I don't think that we'll have too long to wait before we see the complaints coming in from people who don't have to wear a face-mask, but have been hassled by shop staff, police, or well meaning members of the public.
Of course, the issuing of an exemption card should have been a piece of piss; this, the gov't has failed to do. Perhaps that is why my sis was told by her GP that they didn't have time to do it. Seems to me like a lack of foresight by the gov't dept responsible.