Corona Virus

mainbrace

Lantern Swinger
Facemask potmess

Got a phone call from my sister (aged 70) at lunchtime today. She said that she'd received a text (can't recall who from), informing her that she needed a facemask exemption 'certificate'. She has loads of health conditions, including COPD (chronic obstructive pulmanory disease?). Both her and her husband are not computer literate, and don't own one. She said that she had phoned her doctor's surgery to request the certificate and was told that 'they were too busy to issue them'.
I did the necessary, via Mr Google, and found that the Daily Mirror was offering a print out exemption card, as was a NHS clinic. Accordingly, I printed off and laminated the required exemption card.
Just a moment's thought though. What about the many, many, people who are entitled to an exemption card? Many of those will not have access to computers and resources necessary to get them.
This, to me, looks like another almighty fcuk up by the government. They announced the requirement for face masks, together with a £100 fine for those failing to comply and a list, as long as your arm of exemptions - but have failed to properly deal with the issue of exemption cards.

fishhead

War Hero
I have just returned from my local take-away chippie. I asked the owner(a Greek Cypriot) if everyone was obeying the new requirement and he said everyone except the Polish. We have quite a few answering to that description in my area and it has been very noticable that they were less than keen to observe the social distancing when that was introduced and have continued to ignore it throughout lockdown. I'm not at all certain why they have adopted the "couldn't give a ****" attitude as their futures are as wrapped up in the success of the UK escaping from covid as everyone else.

Stirlin

War Hero
How many will abuse the exemption card?
There are a lot of bottom feeders around this area who will.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Needed a couple of bits in town today , Sanisbury's , ALL punters and staff wearing mask...no mask , no enter , Home Bargains , as Sains' , B&M....all punters wearing mask but some staff not..............................................

Morrisons , as I have posted before their aisles are too narrow , allowed to wander in any direction you please , WHOLE families allowed in kids running about , TOO MANY peeps allowed in store at any one time and today a few not wearing masks , some were youngsters who appeared to have no reason for being exempt from wearing a mask , security just waving them in ??.

Stirlin

War Hero
Facemask potmess

Got a phone call from my sister (aged 70) at lunchtime today. She said that she'd received a text (can't recall who from), informing her that she needed a facemask exemption 'certificate'. She has loads of health conditions, including COPD (chronic obstructive pulmanory disease?). Both her and her husband are not computer literate, and don't own one. She said that she had phoned her doctor's surgery to request the certificate and was told that 'they were too busy to issue them'.
I did the necessary, via Mr Google, and found that the Daily Mirror was offering a print out exemption card, as was a NHS clinic. Accordingly, I printed off and laminated the required exemption card.
Just a moment's thought though. What about the many, many, people who are entitled to an exemption card? Many of those will not have access to computers and resources necessary to get them.
This, to me, looks like another almighty fcuk up by the government. They announced the requirement for face masks, together with a £100 fine for those failing to comply and a list, as long as your arm of exemptions - but have failed to properly deal with the issue of exemption cards.

My bold....
Bollox , do you work for the BBC , are you a mate of Piers Morgan......the majority DO understand and those that do not are helped out by ..erm.. blerks like yourself as your post. Just another excuse from you to have a pop at the government

Chris P

War Hero
Facemask potmess

Doctors surgery needs a good kick into touch too - piss poor in my book ..