Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona Virus

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Stories like this boil my pi55. Obviously it is tragic that 4 members of the same family have died, but for them to say that 'Boris has blood on his hands after allowing families to meet at Christmas' is a bit rich. Were they forced to get together? Was it a conscious decision by the family to get together? Did they take adequate precautions? Given the ages of at least 3 of the deceased, if it had been MY family, I'd have stayed away. The younger ones look a bit at risk too.

Sumo

War Hero
Stories like this boil my pi55. Obviously it is tragic that 4 members of the same family have died, but for them to say that 'Boris has blood on his hands after allowing families to meet at Christmas' is a bit rich. Were they forced to get together? Was it a conscious decision by the family to get together? Did they take adequate precautions? Given the ages of at least 3 of the deceased, if it had been MY family, I'd have stayed away. The younger ones look a bit at risk too.

They obviously did not listen to this man

1611822348861.png

Some facts about our extraordinary Chief Medical Officer, Chris Witty.
He is a Physician and Epidemiologist who has dedicated his life to medical practice, research and teaching and he is considered to be one of the leading world experts on infectious diseases.
He only took on the chief CMO role in October 2019, and until the coronavirus threat emerged, he had never done broadcast interviews or held press briefings or conferences.
His father was murdered by terrorists in Athens in a case of mistaken identity when he was just a teenager. An event which he says left him "scarred"
He has worked in various countries throughout Europe, Asia and Africa and played a leading role in the effort on the Ebola outbreak in 2014, when he held the post of chief scientific adviser at the Department for International Development.
Colleagues have described him as "Made for the role of CMO" and "an absolutely extraordinary, brilliant man" and "Exactly the man we need.”

slim

War Hero

These people piss me orf
Boris stated that families could meet but he would prefer they di not.
He relaxed the rules because he knew that if he banned families meeting over Christmas they would do it anyway.
Basically the choice was theirs.
My wife and I made our choice and banned our children and grandchildren from visiting.
Hard choice but I believe in the vaccine and reckon that by the summer I will be able to safely see my family whenever I wish.
The family who have lost 4 people just for a Chrimbo meet have my sympathies but they made that choice not Boris.
However many of todays citizens seem unable to take responsibility for their own actions and a blame culture is well ensconced

Jacobus

War Hero
And they don’t appear ( although they can of course be deceptive) in the most rude of health. Which should really have given them a clue in the first place.?

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer

Bugger, read the article all the way through, but, was really looking forward to the comments, then it tells me that they aren't taking any. The first few must have been classic before being taken down.

taffscrivs

War Hero

Totally agree SB. You can almost guarantee that the ones gobbing off now are the ones that instigated the family festive get together anyway. It's not as if Boris rolled up with a big van, threw them in the back and locked the doors for a fortnight is it? Same goes for all these whingeing bastards blaming the Government for all the deaths that could of been avoided. It's a pity that Boris can't stand at the lectern and dish out a few home truths about the thousands of rule breakers that hide behind religion, customs or traditions in order to break said rules. Then perhaps he could show why this pandemic is as bad as it is.

Was contacted by the NHS ref post Covid Blood Plasma Donation, said I would test to see if I was eligible etc. Got a test sent to me, dripped some blood into a little pot and sent it off, less that 24 hours later got an email with my results and all was good to go.

I rang them last night and I'm booked in a Cambridge Donor Centre next friday :)

Last edited:

fishhead

War Hero
I'm not sure how some of you will take this news but I know someone who has had the second jab and no lollipop was offered. What kind of vaccination programme expects you to have two jabs with no sweetie reward?

cjg375

Lantern Swinger

Exactly. We had planned ahead and had the ability to cater for my parents and my MiL across different days. In the end all of us thought it was crazy to have made so much effort to not get COVID over many months to waste it for one dinner. So we all did our own thing and didn’t meet up.

Boris has no blame in this. They decided to get together and it’s all on them. As is currently said quite a lot they made the choice they should own it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Corona virus-Will Navy Net ever recover? Diamond Lil's 20
MoD_RSS Corona virus (COVID-19) - Updates and changes to services MoD News 0
fishhead Corona Virus and the RN Joining the Royal Navy 19
MoD_RSS Corona Virus outbreak: Flights from China MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New vaccines partnership to rapidly respond to new virus variants MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK to support rest of the world to find COVID-19 virus variants MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Past COVID-19 infection provides some immunity but people may still carry and transmit virus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2): information about the new virus variant MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMG suspends import tariffs on Covid-19 products to fight virus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Spending Review to fight virus, deliver promises and invest in UK’s recovery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary visits South Korea and Vietnam pledging to work together in virus fight MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Stronger measures brought in to tackle virus in Bolton MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Largest testing programme for coronavirus shows virus continued to decline in June MoD News 0
Stirlin McAfee virus protection. Bloody Computers 5
MoD_RSS £22 million awarded to life-saving health charities during virus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The United Kingdom announces two COVID-19 response services for eligible developing countries to help combat the impact of the virus on international MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM: ‘It’s humanity against the virus’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government begins large-scale virus infection and antibody test study MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vaccine update: issue 302, November 2019, virus special edition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tick-borne encephalitis virus detected in ticks in the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New legislation to prevent harmful rose virus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ebola Virus Disease Outbreak: Update on UK Response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Bluetongue virus detected and dealt with in cattle in Yorkshire MoD News 0
Ballistic Anti-virus software Bloody Computers 2
NotmeChief Got a Virus - damn Bloody Computers 2
(granny) computer virus's Current Affairs 2
Scouse_Castaway New PC- Best Anti Virus? Bloody Computers 42
Rumrat Virus alert Current Affairs 4
(granny) A computer virus. Bloody Computers 4
RN_Commando conficker virus Bloody Computers 18
babystew nasty virus Bloody Computers 16
Y NEW VIRUS Bloody Computers 35
Seaweed VIRUS WARNING RED Current Affairs 3
N Prevent Virus infection on your PC Diamond Lil's 2