Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona Virus

taffscrivs

War Hero
what don't these morons get, about stay at home, only leave for specified reasons, this not being one

Wedding party with 400 guests broken up by police​

A wedding party with 400 guests was broken up by police in east London last night, with the organisers in line for a £10,000 fine for breaking Covid restrictions.
The guests fled the scene when officers arrived at the Yesodey Hatorah Girls Grammar School in Stamford Hill, where they found the windows covered.
The area is home to the UK’s largest Charedi, or ultra-orthodox Jewish community.
A Metropolitan Police statement to community leaders, seen by the BBC, says there was clear evidence of a wedding having taken place.
The Met says organisers will be reported for consideration of a £10,000 fine under coronavirus regulations, while other guests were issued with smaller fines.
Names and address of everyone present should be taken and any seeking medical help in the near future due to covid should be made to pay for their treatment. Money could then be ploughed back into the NHS to help treat people being treated through no fault of their own. If that was made law perhaps all these feckwits would finally realise the rules apply to us all.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Names and address of everyone present should be taken and any seeking medical help in the near future due to covid should be made to pay for their treatment. Money could then be ploughed back into the NHS to help treat people being treated through no fault of their own. If that was made law perhaps all these feckwits would finally realise the rules apply to us all.
Stop their furlough/SEISS/universal credit etc.

Got an email last week from the NHS (Blood Plasma) asking if I would be willing to donate Blood Plasma (post Covid). Happy to help if it will help somebody so agreed. They are sending me out a finger prick blood sample kit in the post and if OK I will pop down to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge to give them an armful :)

Ballistic

War Hero
Got an email last week from the NHS (Blood Plasma) asking if I would be willing to donate Blood Plasma (post Covid). Happy to help if it will help somebody so agreed. They are sending me out a finger prick blood sample kit in the post and if OK I will pop down to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge to give them an armful :)
I thought they'd stopped bothering with the plasma thing because of no evidence of effectiveness.

I'm sure I saw a news report about that a couple of weeks ago...:confused:

Sumo

War Hero
Tested for antibodies, had letter back saying I was now on their antibodies donor list, and they would be in touch, that was early December, nothing heard since?

How's your sense of smell coming on?

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
I thought they'd stopped bothering with the plasma thing because of no evidence of effectiveness.

I'm sure I saw a news report about that a couple of weeks ago...:confused:

Still a requested resource in general:

Ineffective as potential convalescent treatment for COVID-19 though:

Was this maybe what you had seen?

Perry

Lantern Swinger
I had plasma following an op and having really low blood pressure, dont know how low as I was out of it. Apparently a plasma transfusion raises blood pressure quicker than fluids but saves a full blown blood transfusion (saved that for 20 years later).

Tested for antibodies, had letter back saying I was now on their antibodies donor list, and they would be in touch, that was early December, nothing heard since?

How's your sense of smell coming on?
Smell is slowly coming back, occasionally get a whiff of things.

Got an email on Friday the test kit should be delivered today, I have to use it and send back the same day.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
That's it - we're back into lockdown as from 0001 Wednesday, though they keep saying 2400.... now I know why Pusser had 2359 and 0001 - no confusion. No end date given though.

Not a lockdown as such, but VERY strict travel limitations - can't leave the municipal area except for work or hospital appointments. Luckily we have a couple of decent supermarkets. A mate live just outside of town and he is restricted to using his local corner shop. I've been stopped at checkpoints every time I go out recently - think it's great if they catch some of these dickeads that are breaking the rules.

Sumo

War Hero
That's it - we're back into lockdown as from 0001 Wednesday, though they keep saying 2400.... now I know why Pusser had 2359 and 0001 - no confusion. No end date given though.

Not a lockdown as such, but VERY strict travel limitations - can't leave the municipal area except for work or hospital appointments. Luckily we have a couple of decent supermarkets. A mate live just outside of town and he is restricted to using his local corner shop. I've been stopped at checkpoints every time I go out recently - think it's great if they catch some of these dickeads that are breaking the rules.
I wonder how big a kick off, the UK entitle would give, if the police had check points on all major roads?

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Some of Dorset's beauty spots are getting checks now, a couple of days ago they found a family enjoying the sea air at Mudeford, they had come down from Newcastle gone camping in Wales then decided to visit Dorset before having a look around London on their way back up North. They are several pounds out of pocket#

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Our roads are much less 'developed' than the UK. Roads are few and far between - there is a coastal motorway from Gib to Barcelona and some stretches of minor coastal road. It's pretty difficult, if not impossible, to take a detour. So it is very easy for them to set up check-points at large roundabouts or choke-points. NOBODY gets passed! Every vehicle is stopped. There are known places they set up - but this knowledge is useless, as there isn't an alternative route!

They periodically do this for drugs or drinking and driving too. I have no problem with it, as they do catch a lot of naughty people!

taffscrivs

War Hero
All seems fairly quiet here in borderland at the moment, the boy was off to the quarry to do some welding yesterday and met the previously mentioned incomers on the road. It's narrow lanes up in the hills round here so he had to pull over to let them pass. They were very apologetic about their now former friends from Reading coming down on a surprise visit at New Year and told him that they have contacted all friends and relatives, telling them they're not to visit during this pandemic. As the boy says, it's not before time, but good on them anyway, as they are obviously taking the situation seriously.

Sumo

War Hero
We have all been this knackard for different reasons in our RN days

Theirs is for putting up with far to much for to long, respect

1611734395947.png

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Corona virus-Will Navy Net ever recover? Diamond Lil's 20
MoD_RSS Corona virus (COVID-19) - Updates and changes to services MoD News 0
fishhead Corona Virus and the RN Joining the Royal Navy 19
MoD_RSS Corona Virus outbreak: Flights from China MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New vaccines partnership to rapidly respond to new virus variants MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK to support rest of the world to find COVID-19 virus variants MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Past COVID-19 infection provides some immunity but people may still carry and transmit virus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2): information about the new virus variant MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMG suspends import tariffs on Covid-19 products to fight virus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Spending Review to fight virus, deliver promises and invest in UK’s recovery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary visits South Korea and Vietnam pledging to work together in virus fight MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Stronger measures brought in to tackle virus in Bolton MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Largest testing programme for coronavirus shows virus continued to decline in June MoD News 0
Stirlin McAfee virus protection. Bloody Computers 5
MoD_RSS £22 million awarded to life-saving health charities during virus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The United Kingdom announces two COVID-19 response services for eligible developing countries to help combat the impact of the virus on international MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM: ‘It’s humanity against the virus’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government begins large-scale virus infection and antibody test study MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vaccine update: issue 302, November 2019, virus special edition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tick-borne encephalitis virus detected in ticks in the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New legislation to prevent harmful rose virus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ebola Virus Disease Outbreak: Update on UK Response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Bluetongue virus detected and dealt with in cattle in Yorkshire MoD News 0
Ballistic Anti-virus software Bloody Computers 2
NotmeChief Got a Virus - damn Bloody Computers 2
(granny) computer virus's Current Affairs 2
Scouse_Castaway New PC- Best Anti Virus? Bloody Computers 42
Rumrat Virus alert Current Affairs 4
(granny) A computer virus. Bloody Computers 4
RN_Commando conficker virus Bloody Computers 18
babystew nasty virus Bloody Computers 16
Y NEW VIRUS Bloody Computers 35
Seaweed VIRUS WARNING RED Current Affairs 3
N Prevent Virus infection on your PC Diamond Lil's 2