Corona Virus

Biker Buster

Lantern Swinger
We have Brit friends that have just arrived here at their holiday home. They flew from another home in California to the UK (Essex/London) spent a couple of weeks there then flew out here. They had snags with the flight, which was fully occupied and running late, so they missed a connection in Paris. They had to queue at the airport to find, then stay in a hotel overnight, before continuing to Malaga on another full flight.

On arrival, later that night they then went to a busy bar / night club in Nerja with some other friends and a lot of friends of friends. From the 'social media' photos posted, masks were not being worn.

We're now in a bit of a dilemma. They are good company and will want to come and see us. However, they have been in a lot of potentially 'dodgy' situations the last few days - so it looks like it will be 2m of separation and masks for us....... :(

Did I mention that Catalunia had 1000 new cases in 24 hours........? The French are considering shutting the border again.
You need to ask them to wear masks. As it will prevent them expelling any viral particles if they have them.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
get your 2m stick to show were you don't want them, last few months would have been pointless if you let you guard down now, good company or not.
Hate to say this - they don't seem to be acting very responsibly - almost reckless especially when your better half is high risk, I'd ask them to stay away until proven not to be a danger to your wife or you if they don't like it tough. My wife is extreme high risk I'd do the same in your shoes.
You have to look after number one and two in these shitful times..:(
You need to ask them to wear masks. As it will prevent them expelling any viral particles if they have them.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
I'm way, WAY ahead of you all on this (Thanks!). We've been virtually in isolation for months and have no desire to cock it up now. Regarding the 2m stick - funny you should say that as they are a gay couple!!

Just come back from a supermarket run and it was worrying to see how many people were not wearing masks, despite it being mandatory here and an immediate 100 euro fine. Not all youngsters either. Mind you, it is low 30s and bloody uncomfortable wearing them....... I had a washable neoprene one - it's gone away until the cooler weather arrives.

Sumo

War Hero
Just down road from me, not the first time it's been overcrowded. It is a new age pub, it has set up a Gin Palace (big tent) in the garden.

Pub closes after 600 people turn up and staff assaulted

Morley Arms

BBCCopyright: BBC
A Devon family pub was forced to shut early at the weekend after crowds became uncontrollable and staff were assaulted, managers have said.
The Morley Arms in Plymstock had up to 600 people turn up on Saturday night and struggled to maintain social distancing. Staff said they had to shut more than an hour earlier than the planned closing time.
The pub has apologised and managers said they are due to meet with Devon and Cornwall Police on Monday to review the situation.
Assistant manager Lesley Inch said she was scared for herself and her staff as people refused to leave, including "big groups that had been drinking all day and came to us already intoxicated".
She said staff were "pushed, shoved, we were hit, drinks were thrown, and people were just unkind and just nasty

Sumo

War Hero
There is staying calm and then there is staying calm?

Just realised which thread, what's this got to do with COVID-19?

Last edited:

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
For those of you familiar with Helensburgh, this is John Logie Baird, inventor of TV, on the seafront today.

Good drills whoever did it!

(I don't know what the blue stuff is above his head......... ;))

1595272566248.png

Stirlin

War Hero
Just down road from me, not the first time it's been overcrowded. It is a new age pub, it has set up a Gin Palace (big tent) in the garden.

Pub closes after 600 people turn up and staff assaulted

Morley Arms

BBCCopyright: BBC
A Devon family pub was forced to shut early at the weekend after crowds became uncontrollable and staff were assaulted, managers have said.
The Morley Arms in Plymstock had up to 600 people turn up on Saturday night and struggled to maintain social distancing. Staff said they had to shut more than an hour earlier than the planned closing time.
The pub has apologised and managers said they are due to meet with Devon and Cornwall Police on Monday to review the situation.
Assistant manager Lesley Inch said she was scared for herself and her staff as people refused to leave, including "big groups that had been drinking all day and came to us already intoxicated".
She said staff were "pushed, shoved, we were hit, drinks were thrown, and people were just unkind and just nasty

Have had my usual weekly 4 pints at home now and again during lockdown , Paul, landlord of the Rook gave me details via e.mail of what he was planning when pubs could finally open. Said I would give it a miss until it was all back to normal , passing by the other day he was taking in a delivery and he gave me a quick butchers of how the pub was set up , OK I will give it a go. Does not open till 1700 and there is a very strict limit of only 35 punters allowed in , quietish when I planned to go in just after 1700. Well he had it absolutely spot on , wait to be seated on arrival.....he had reserved me a high stool right opposite were I usually stand at the bar. Raised eyebrows from his son Jonjo behind the bar and I pointed to a wicket that looked good and it was brought over by Pauls wife Mandy.......and so it went on. If he and his family and staff can strive to get it right to keep his punters safe , well fed and watered......s'pose it is what you would expect from an ex Sparker , and he has to make a living. Can't wait for friday.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Have had my usual weekly 4 pints at home now and again during lockdown , Paul, landlord of the Rook gave me details via e.mail of what he was planning when pubs could finally open. Said I would give it a miss until it was all back to normal , passing by the other day he was taking in a delivery and he gave me a quick butchers of how the pub was set up , OK I will give it a go. Does not open till 1700 and there is a very strict limit of only 35 punters allowed in , quietish when I planned to go in just after 1700. Well he had it absolutely spot on , wait to be seated on arrival.....he had reserved me a high stool right opposite were I usually stand at the bar. Raised eyebrows from his son Jonjo behind the bar and I pointed to a wicket that looked good and it was brought over by Pauls wife Mandy.......and so it went on. If he and his family and staff can strive to get it right to keep his punters safe , well fed and watered......s'pose it is what you would expect from an ex Sparker , and he has to make a living. Can't wait for friday.
I'll be off down my local for the first time tonight after the Legion committee meeting, I've been told I have to see the bar staff, give my order and then take a seat and they'll bring it over, preferring contactless payment, which I don't like as I lose track of how much I'm spending and how much I'm quaffing which is more important, especially if I'm driving the next day.

Stirlin

War Hero
I'll be off down my local for the first time tonight after the Legion committee meeting, I've been told I have to see the bar staff, give my order and then take a seat and they'll bring it over, preferring contactless payment, which I don't like as I lose track of how much I'm spending and how much I'm quaffing which is more important, especially if I'm driving the next day.

Rook uses a local app shared by a few pubs , last friday a couple came in asking if they could use the app , by their chat they thought their own shit did not stink....it took Mandy , Paul's wife about 10 minutes to walk them through it keeping her off seating folks , cleaning tables after punters had left and delivering much needed liquid to the rest of us......wunkers.