Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by bigglesbandicoot, Aug 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ello folks, quite a long time since I have been around these parts, so nice to see your still alive and that the the usual suspects are still spouting gash.

Anyway I'm posting this here in Lil's because I don't feel comfortable in the sensible world.

Having spent many years in excile up here in Scotland, I now have an opportunity that might see me moving to Cornwall. knowing that there are a few fine fellows from those parts on RR i'd like to ask a couple of questions.

1) where are the decent but reasonably priced places to live. Is there anywhere to definatly avoid?
    2) Is witchcraft still prevelent and will I be invited to dance naked around a bonfire?
    3) At what age are female tourists considered fair game?
    4) If this comes off, who's up for shenanigans of an alcoholic nature?
    5) finaly if this was to come off, whats the best and worst of living in Cornwall?
  2. 5. If you live close enough to walk or cycle you get into the Eden Project at the lowest tarriff. Nothing else springs to mind.
  3. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

4. Are you getting the round in?

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  4. Re watch Deliverance . I am still in deep therapy after seeing three Cornish Chavs social activities in a Porthleven bus shelter ;- two of them were Ginger!
  5. Without a doubt exJenny
  6. Ahhhh sounds like a home from home
  7. Health & Safety warning.

Do NOT buy a quarter pounder (with cheese) from the blue van that's sited on the wasteland outside of Pool Market (near Redruth). My other half was introduced to one once and she had the howling shits for three days. Seeing as we were in a caravan and it was pissing down for 72 hours - it fell to me to empty the Thetford onboard crapper. Being an ex-submariner, this proved to be relatively easy. Those of a more "delicate nature" would probably not fair so well.

I had the same delicious burger at the same time she did but, being from Yorkshire - was simply too miserable and tight to eject the food before it was fully digested.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Just avoid living in Redruth or St Austell.

Sent via Heliograph from the Jebel Birkenhead
  9. exJenny

Mine's a Rattler then please.

10. Might even buy you two if your good :evil2:
  11. Hope you sifted it for good bits
  12. 1. They've all got pointy heads ... but mainly beware of Stan!
    2. probably and yes quite possibly ... but if they invite you to get into a big wicker man start running!
    3. 65
    4. more than likely
    5. the A30 and the Tamar Bridge. East Bound!
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  13. Thanks MG
    All very positive especially 4. since I very rarely lick anything less than 70 years of age.
  14. exJenny

Ooh an apple one AND a pear one. Geddin!!

15. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

16. exJenny

17. Nothing wrong with Cornwall or the natives, it's the incomers that are ballsing the place up, much the same as here in Welsh border land. Just remember that the Cornish are a proud race and if you are not born there you will never be regarded as Cornish even if you lived there for a hundred years, and they will be very quick to remind you of that fact.
  18. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

19. I know what you mean Taff much like Hackney, I had to give up and move away in the end. I just couldn't handle the amount of frikin white folk comming in!