Cornwall Sailors return to ship

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Always_a_Civvy, Apr 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Here is some good news for today, though I'm a bit embarrassed about giving this source...er... today's Sun (30 April 2007).

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2007190794,00.html#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=TheSun:News

I'm pleased they are returning to the Cornwall and wish them all well for the future! :) Let's hope someone from Cornwall sends RR some piccies of their welcome party... and why wasn't I invited? :roll: :lol:

2. Yeah she's "gutsy" all right :D
    **** 'em, i'm sick to death of those two.

3. I am sure they will get a warm welcme home from their Messmates.

4. Perhaps they're the "meat" at their welcoming back BBQ? :wink: :lol:

5. I heard from an unreliable source that they are rigging a tent on the flight deck for a mutton grab.

6. Same here mate,i can't understand why the sun is still running with her on the front page as most of the country is ******* sick to the back teeth of her and that other ******** who was pictured in the papers today in uniform which looked as it had been ironed with a cold brick!!!

7. I haven't been able to keep up with the Cornwall mess from here in Virginia. Just read that the captured crew has returned to duty. Has anything happened to the skipper of the Cornwall for picking up the phone to London instead of the Fire Direction Center? Can't imaging having to serve under that man after this.

8. Can't believe I was stuck with no comms during this fiasco, what's the bottom line, who fcuked up and let this bunch get caught (short answers only please).....

9. Welcome home Lingy. I was beginning to think you'd be swept up in another coup! :lol:

10. Well these are the songs they are going to be singing at the Army-Navy on Saturday

WHAT SHALL WE DO WITH THE CAPTURED SAILORS

(To the tune of "What Shall We do With a Drunken Sailor?")

What shall we do with the captured sailors?
    Ear-lye in the morning.

Chorus

OOh'ray and Faye is gopping,
    Ear-lye in the morning.

Take away his ipod and make him blubber,
    Earl-lye in the morning.

Chorus

Put him in a suit and make him smile,
    Ear-lye in the morning.

Chorus

Give 'em forty grand and hear them snivel,
    Ear-lye in the morning.

Chorus

Give him an alcopop and watch him dribble,
    Ear-lye in the morning.

Chorus

Send the ugly bint right back to Tehran,
    Ear-lye in the morning.

Chorus

Put them on telly smoking ciggies,
    Ear-lye in the morning.

Chorus

Sell his story and make him millions,
    Ear-lye in the morning.

Chorus

WE WERE CAPTURED

(To the tune of "We are Sailing.")

We were captured,
    We were crying,
    On the telly,
    On the news.

We are w*****s,
    'Cos we coughed up,
    To the rag heads,
    In Iran.

We surrendered,
    We surrendered,
    To the rag head,
    With a gun.

We are w*****s,
    'Cos we coughed up,
    To the rag heads,
    In Iran.

11. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Lingy...bottom line, 15 matelots and booties from HMS Cornwall got taken hostage by the Iranians whilst do boarding parties in the Gulf.....PR campaign launched by the iranians showing the 15, smoking, eating basically having fun whilst held hostage. Brit Govt lead by Becket (FFS) did lots of finger wagging and telling the iranians what naughty boys they where..end result Iranians won PR battle Navy and Govt look like a bunch of tossers, we end up the laughing stock of the whole world, pongos, yanks, civvys everyone! takes the p1ss out of the navy.

Hostages get released and it really goes pair shaped...they are met by the 1 SL at heathrow! and give a press conference...then the MoD lets 2 of them sell there stories..they choose LH faye Turney a fat munter of a wren who is one rung up the ladder from chav hood and a little scrote called OM arthur bachelor, the village idiot who all other idiots aspire to.

Arthur tells the press how the nasty iranians nicked his Ipod, flicked his neck and called him mr Bean..so he then went to his cell and cried himself to sleep but at his lowest point Faye "big fat munter" Turney gave him a big mummy hug so he felt better........

They go on 14 days leave, arthur "village idiot" Batchelor is then photagraphed ny the press down union st with a tea towel on his head playing "hostages" with his mate....

Whilst all this is going on the poor bloody pongos in Basra a busy loosing 12 squaddies to IED's and snipers...is it any wonder there takin the p1ss?

12. Cheers shippers, knew I would get the true uncensored version here. What a cluster. How the hell does a boarding party let itself get caught and how the effing hell does a warship let them be taken without sending them to meet their maker?
    He had an iPod on a boarding? I'd prefer a 9mm myself.
    What a poor state of affairs.

13. Naah, a coup a day helps you work rest and play.
    Ja miss me then civvy? :lol:

14. I'm sure we've all missed you Lingy, but yes, I've missed your sharp tongue especially. :lol:

15. Heard he's been ROB'd until they can get him back to Cornwall to stop him dropping himself in the shit yet again.

Sounds like the guy has a very low NAMET score.

16. Bless! :lol:

17. My god what a right Scran Bag he looks.

On another point, I don't think he looks like Mr Bean at all... more like the missing link between Homo Sapians and Neanderthals...especpecially with that low forehead and eyebrows that are too close together. 8O