Cornish Guardian "Ministry Of Defence Spends Millions On Recruitment In Wake Of Cuts"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by soleil, Jun 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Isn't that what government does best, waste taxpayers money with impunity.

2. See Cornwalls at the forefront yet again............On a more serious note, why does there have to be any advertising? Is there a problem getting recruits???

3. With an average of filled spots for 2.5 years I would think not. Most employees would relish having a pool of new staff ready and available.

4. Not really a waste in my opinion. You still need to try to attract the more able recruits who may well see the forces as a bad choice because of the negative image currently being portrayed in the press of the hatchet job being carried out. Making the 'Yoof' aware that recruiting is still going on is hopefully going to mean that those attracted to the job will still pursue it as a career choice.

Some of the comments in the article made me smile. At least they are still recruiting so we don't end up with the gaping hole the RN did after the redundancies in the 90's when the recruiting tap was cut off.

5. Glad to see MLP's started his campaign to get out of Jannerland....