Copy of the Red Sailor for sale

The best bits about this thread are it exposed you as a bluffing auld selfish self centered **** who lives in Walter Mitty land. And it cost you £151, which went towards a genuine good cause.

Let me put a hypothetical scenario to you. Man sells book and in his sales spiel he states that the money he makes will go to charity, he may or may not take what he paid for the book from what he sells it for. The purchaser thinks I would like that book and is pleased to read that some or all of his money will go to the sellers chosen charity. It therefore follows that it is the purchaser’s cash that has gone to the charity and not the sellers.

My top tip to you today would be think carefully before posting or to put it another way, engage brain before ‘cyber gob’.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Let me put a hypothetical scenario to you. Man sells book and in his sales spiel he states that the money he makes will go to charity, he may or may not take what he paid for the book from what he sells it for. The purchaser thinks I would like that book and is pleased to read that some or all of his money will go to the sellers chosen charity. It therefore follows that it is the purchaser’s cash that has gone to the charity and not the sellers.

My top tip to you today would be think carefully before posting or to put it another way, engage brain before ‘cyber gob’.
It's good to see I can reel you in and I didn't even need a grenade.

Let me spin another hypothetical scenario for you Pinocchio.

A decrepit fantasist trolls the cancer research shops down his local high street. He purchases an item for a couple of pounds and this couple of pounds goes towards charity. The decrepit fantasist then scurries off back to his lair and puts his purchase up for sale on a internet site and is offered less than he paid for it. The decrepit fantasist, who enjoys mentioning his comfortable standard of living, refuses to accept the bids on offer because he will make a loss.

Is the decrepit fantasist a charitable person or just a opportunist looking to make a 'profit'?

Simple answer to a 3/10 response, if it is the persons intention to donate to charity (the amount is irrelevant as each to his means) then ipso facto he has to be a charitable person.

Simple answer to a 3/10 response, if it is the persons intention to donate to charity (the amount is irrelevant as each to his means) then ipso facto he has to be a charitable person.

Ah, but the stated intention at the OP on 20-06-12 was:

<<Knowing how much the book has been discussed here I thought it the decent thing to offer it up here first.
I am looking to make a reasonable profit on what it cost me
and will leave it up for month to see how it goes, the book is in good condition.
Please PM me if you are interested.>>

If that OP was a "charitable person" then he would have no bones about making that quite clear at the outset, not 24 hours afterwards and then only in response to another's posting.

"Tam", Your auction here has time expired, go seek your profit at ebay.

(Some here might even watch that space to discover a little more about the seller, perhaps as the salmon-stunning 'Guiseppe' this time?)

Extremely naive calling all posters..Why do the posters on here think Tam is Fink? Is there a link or is it just conjecture?
Wrecks that means guess.:tongue::toothy8:

You want me to guess Rummers?, OK..I guess that you lost the plot after too much rum in 1963 (but you wouldn't remember that though :))
You were there?
Gimme my shades back you bastard that's when some nasty submarine jockey stole them.
Actually I think it was 65 as in 63 I was still in a civilised country.

===============================

Aside from the TAM/Finx sock-puppetry question:

Tam's sale notice appears in the Book Club Forum, NOT the Charity Forum...

Perhaps the OP would care to explain/flannel on how 'charitable' is that?

Aside from the TAM/Finx sock-puppetry question:

Tam's sale notice appears in the Book Club Forum, NOT the Charity Forum...

Perhaps the OP would care to explain/flannel on how 'charitable' is that?
Maybe because it's a book, one would hardly look in the Charity Forum for one, would one?

Anyway it has run its course and I cannot be bothered with all this Ping-Pong and supposition so this will be my last post on this particular thread, other than to say those who bang on the loudest about charity are often as tight as a ducks- arse; it's a Freudian thing.

Maybe because it's a book, one would hardly look in the Charity Forum for one, would one?

Anyway it has run its course and I cannot be bothered with all this Ping-Pong and supposition so this will be my last post on this particular thread, other than to say those who bang on the loudest about charity are often as tight as a ducks- arse; it's a Freudian thing.

Tam flog it for as much as you can get and spend the lot!
I for one am getting fed up with ALL of the begging charities, especially those with highly paid officials (RBL for starters)

I believe that was the plan from the start no matter what bullshit he puts on it now.
I still am beset by two immediate misteries in life, is Tam Finks? and why the **** is a female Yorkshire terrier trying to shag my leg every couple a minutes. Lesbian bitch.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
It's the same copy of the book sold on here.

And if you can't recognise the Pishnottle condescending character trait your medication dosage is too high rat.

It's the same copy of the book sold on here.

And if you can't recognise the Pishnottle condescending character trait your medication dosage is too high rat.
Durrr, my brain aches.
Perhaps I just thought they was both *****.
I wasn't about when all the fun started, by the time I came back on here you had jumped ship and crossed to the dark side.
Good luck with that by the way, reminiscing sets in within a month or two, second thoughts a week or two later and nostalgia begins after your first big row with some **** retentive twat at work who wouldn't have risen higher than captain of the heads in the mob, but thinks he's the lord high fuckin admiral.
And then you get beset by the ******* who keep saying, "surely being in the navy you would have heard that" when imparting some pearl of wisdom that was obsolete when nelson passed for his hook.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Durrr, my brain aches.
Perhaps I just thought they was both *****.
I wasn't about when all the fun started, by the time I came back on here you had jumped ship and crossed to the dark side.
Good luck with that by the way, reminiscing sets in within a month or two, second thoughts a week or two later and nostalgia begins after your first big row with some **** retentive twat at work who wouldn't have risen higher than captain of the heads in the mob, but thinks he's the lord high fuckin admiral.
And then you get beset by the ******* who keep saying, "surely being in the navy you would have heard that" when imparting some pearl of wisdom that was obsolete when nelson passed for his hook.
I'm doing alright for myself on the other side rat. Loads of time off, the money and living conditions are better. Still dangerous, but alot less than going to sea on a nuclear submarine. I've always been a believer of its a 'small world' and unbelievably within ten minutes of meeting my new boss we discovered we live 10 minutes from each other and he's best muckers with my uncle. I've also been amazed by the number of ex RN of different trades and eras I now work with. An ex PO stoker from 'O' boats who's pestering me to join the submariners association. A couple of scablifters, a dabber and a cook.

You'll be pleased to know the cook still hasn't passed the course, but he was laughing when I asked for a cheesy hammy eggy instead of his dog food.

I'm doing alright for myself on the other side rat. Loads of time off, the money and living conditions are better. Still dangerous, but alot less than going to sea on a nuclear submarine. I've always been a believer of its a 'small world' and unbelievably within ten minutes of meeting my new boss we discovered we live 10 minutes from each other and he's best muckers with my uncle. I've also been amazed by the number of ex RN of different trades and eras I now work with. An ex PO stoker from 'O' boats who's pestering me to join the submariners association. A couple of scablifters, a dabber and a cook.

You'll be pleased to know the cook still hasn't passed the course, but he was laughing when I asked for a cheesy hammy eggy instead of his dog food.
I was the boss in my last job and I put cheesy hammy eggy on the menu.
When we went for a meal out one night this one bastard asked the waitress for it, she went and asked the chef (I use that term lightly) and he appeared to see who had asked for it.
Then fact being stranger than fiction took a hand and he turns up as one of the cooks off Puma.
Nice to see old ships, but his cooking was still shite.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Anyway ya auld bastard, how are you keeping. Still dodging the reaper and the hospital flesh eating bud?

I have a vision of you and your Mrs travelling around the UK like Max and Paddy.

Anyway ya auld bastard, how are you keeping. Still dodging the reaper and the hospital flesh eating bud?

I have a vision of you and your Mrs travelling around the UK like Max and Paddy.
In truth the caravan is a stop gap until we decide what to do having sold our big family house that was now lacking a family.

Health wise I'm great. The scare was that after a heart attack the heart releases an enzyme called troponin and they found it in great quantities in my blood whilst I was being screened for food poisoning which I did have.
My natural level should have been 10, I had 1500 and they thought I had had another heart attack.
They kept me in isolation for 14 days with the food poisoning bug then transferred me to the cardiac care unit. I was then sent for an angiogram which I had a week last Monday. In the mean time I had kidney and liver tests, heart function tests via ultra sound and they took more blood than I have.
The result was I am as fit as a fiddle, but the tests they gave me knocked me about like I'd been fighting sonny Liston.
I lost a stone and half in weight whilst in and feel great now.
The only problem I have is getting some ****** to fix my car as I am determined not to buy a new one.
I now have the parts and they should be fitted by next Monday. £300 quid but back on the road.
And when the family stop telling me how much I need a new car and what I should buy, then I might just buy a ******.
I bought this bastard new and it still owes me I've only done 40,000 in it as I always had a firms car. Spoilt bastard that I am.