Copy of the Red Sailor for sale

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by tam, Jun 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. tam

tam

Knowing how much the book has been discussed here I thought it the decent thing to offer it up here first. I am looking to make a reasonable profit on what it cost me and will leave it up for month to see how it goes, the book is in good condition. Please PM me if you are interested.

mixed bag 019.jpg

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  2. I sold mine for charity because I'm an all round nice bloke. 60 quid for yours and I'll donate it to charity again. You get some cash and so do the lads and lasses. Win / win!

3. tam

tam

I did hear that you are an all round bon-oeuf but the big question has to be how much did you sell it for, I suspect it was more than your offer of £60?

4. I wish I'd nicked the copy I read in 77/78.

It didn't take me two years I hasten to add - just not sure which one.

5. Of course it was, otherwise it would be a pointless exercise and I might as well just stick £155 in the charity pot.

6. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

How much do you need to make a profit, £156?

7. tam

tam

That would be a good sum at which to start off the bidding process.

8. ******* no chance. I'm not buying that book twice.

9. witsend

Good luck with that. Only a knob would pay £155 for the Red Sailor.

• Like Like x 2
  10. tam

tam

It depends on how much someone desires to own the book and how much disposable income they have. Having researched previous sales of the book there must be a good few knobs kicking about.

11. No Knobs left out in the world of RR and ROMFT, oppo as Red Sailor aka Pedro from the Pool lol,passed his copy around to everyone to read for free!!!!!!!

12. witsend

And that's the score with great blokes in the mob. Help you out, give you a loan, work for charity. And don't expect anything in return or to make a profit.

13. tam

tam

You are jumping to conclusions witsend as you have no idea what I intend to do with any profit made on the sale.

14. tam

tam

A worthy cause but my preference would have to be the RMCTF and yes I would hope to make a profit.

15. witsend

Normally anyone selling something with the intention of benefiting another would mention their cause. It usually helps the sale.

[​IMG]

I'm sure you'll donate now.

16. tam

tam

Are you talking from experience?

It's not everyone who likes to shout from the roof tops about what they do with their money.

17. Fine. £65 quid. That will see us both off.

18. witsend

£65.01 and I'll post phots of me burning it.

19. witsend

I know what you mean. There are some right knobs out there who like to boast about what they drive, how well off they are, and how the wife makes a fortune.