Copper cocks up

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by higthepig, Apr 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bob Quick the Cop in charge of terrorist operations has been photographed with a top secret document on show. The raids had to be brought forward on the terrorists in Manchester and Liverpool.

He will probably be sacked before morning, hopefully the Home Secretary will be sacked as well.

No link, Its all over the news.

2. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

F*** me, we end up on the front page if someone leaves a longcast loafing (and they're all lies). This duffer really should have the book thrown at him.

3. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Word has it Nutty & Rumrat were his streetdads.

Edit (s)

4. Assistant Commissioner and not that quick. That is a serious breech, several in fact, even for a civilian media magnet. If he doesn't get get an extreme interview without, how the hell will the lower orders ever be controlled and disciplined? tiddlyoggy made a very valid point

5. Apparently he cocked up last december as well.

Still,theres always a job as PCSO I suppose.

6. It was good to see theat NuLabor rally round their pet plod, after all if he goes who will keep the tories under control.

Do you honestly think NuLabor will sack the plod they use to put the frighteners on the tories when they get stuff leaked to them

7. ACC Quick

Has fallen on his own sword and resigned:

Failed Cop

Witsend if some baby plod I had shown the tools of the trade/mentored/guided, I was never a trainer, had done what ACC Quick had managed, I would resign.

Nutty

Breaking news he has been replaced by John Yates another NuLab man in the mould of Sir Ian Blair

8. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Amazing, someone with the strength of character to resign, must be more to it :wink:

RESIGNATION

9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

BUGGER beaten to it by the Boats ballast. :roll:

10. Do not reveal to the World your predilections for Corporal Punishment (The English Disease). We know you Countrmen Folk like a bit of Punisment.

Win 3(Two of which were Guest Players) Lose 247 a poor record.

Nutty

11. Well that is a turn up for the book, just as it appeared his mate Jaqui was doing what was needed to ensure he stayed in post. Who will Jaqui and her mates use now the harry tory polititians who found out embarrasing things about NuLabor incompetance.

As an aside I suppose by resigning he locks in his full pension.

12. I trust he's duly signed a MoD Form 135!

13. On full pension of course!

14. He has been quoted as saying: "I am going to donate my pension
    to the Peter Sutcliffe is Innocent Fighting Fund, and retire to a cave
    in the Outer Hebrides where I shall be writing a few scripts for the
    next series of "The Bill".

CNN Newsflash: Mister Quick, pictured with the next bit of paper
    he'll be waving around in public.

[​IMG]

*Click the Dick*

15. Just goes to show, for anyone that doubted it, how political our police have now become.

16. I am not up to speed with the current Pensions Regulations but I think you will find that as a Police Officer is the sole contributor to his pension, it use to be 11.5% of your gross pay and no one else makes any contribution then even if they sack you they must pay you your pension for the years you served when you reach the age of 60.

To gain a full pension you must serve 30 years or 25 years different rates and few left serving who can leave after 25 years. You must also be over 50 years in age. It may be different for the very high ranks but in general you get the years you served in pension now is that what you call a full pension or is it how much you would of got had you completed 30 years in the Job.

Most private companies in this day and age, if you resign/retire early claw back a % for each year early you take the pension. With my last company it was 4% of your pension for each year you left before the age of 63 male or female which was the company retirement age.

Nutty

17. To be honest I don't think the rank and file are any more politicised that they have ever been, what has really changed under NuLabor is the way in which the senior ranks have been stuffed with political clones of their masters. THis has of course always been the labour plan for as long as I can remember. So called 'democratic' control of the plods rather than the plod being controlled by the law, and being it's instrument.

18. Sussex2

I must agree and that in my opinion the rot really set in with the way the Miners strike was dealt with by the Police. and went downhill reaching a new low when the President of China visited London a few years ago and Police kept anyone likley to protest out of sight by force at the orders of NuLabour Pollies.

Nutty

19. Sorry mate I edited my post a bit.
    I can't myself blame it on NuLabour and think it's roots go back further than that.
    I suppose the truth of the matter is that the police, since their inception, have in reality, been highly political.
    What will convince me that it is true is if, on election, a new government reverses the process.
    I reckon we all believe that whatever the flavour of a new regime such a thing would be unlikely.