Cooking Disasters

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by MaiBelle, Nov 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I decided today that I would try to bake for the first time since moving, so purchased all my ingredients and realised when I got home that I no longer own any kitchen scales. No problem thinks I, it can't be that hard to guess the quantities. I was very very wrong as the picture demonstrates...

View attachment 7524

I can't be the only one to have a cooking disaster, so share yours with the masses :)

P.S I can actually bake, contrary to the picture evidence

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  2. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

What was the recipe for?

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren.

3. Chocolate chip cupcakes...you mean you can't tell? =(

4. exJenny

Er..... Yorkshire puddings came to mind.

5. I am not permitted to cook fried eggs anymore but Its too much of a ridiculous story! We have all been there though haha crispy cakes are nice though...

6. Looks more like something from the Quatermass Experiment :shock:

7. I had to google that...and I can confirm nothing actually exploded though there were smoking remains that had to be chipped off the oven.

Rachel - you need to share the fried egg story :p

8. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

It looks perfectly edible to me ! lol

9. GIs will eat anything.:biggrin:

2BM (ex Ldg Cook)

10. AAF

AAF Badgeman

You rang...
    pud2.jpg

11. exJenny

Oooh gravy....

12. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

I really don't understand how so many people find Yorkie puds hard to make. Cakes though, well baking really is for girls!

13. I don't even attempt Yorkshire puddings...they come out of the freezer pre-formed and that is the safest way for me =-|

14. Pre formed Yorkshire puddings from the freezer are not Yorkshires - they deserve to be called Lancashire Puddings!

15. Aunt Bessie won't be happy with that Paybob ;)

16. I could understand calling them "Southernshandydrinking Puddings" but please don't insult Lancashire after-all look at the colour of YOUR country's Rose...........

17. tiddlyoggy

Ah, but the houses of York and Lancaster hate each other almost as much as you lot hate the English!

18. I am actually a Lancastrian with an unfortunate surname, rubbing it into a Yorkshireman that they lost the War of The Roses and hence the mention of our national emblem.

19. tiddlyoggy

Apologies for the misunderstanding!! I could have sworn you were a sweaty. I did understand your motive though.