Cooking Disasters

MaiBelle

Lantern Swinger
I decided today that I would try to bake for the first time since moving, so purchased all my ingredients and realised when I got home that I no longer own any kitchen scales. No problem thinks I, it can't be that hard to guess the quantities. I was very very wrong as the picture demonstrates...

View attachment 7524

I can't be the only one to have a cooking disaster, so share yours with the masses :)

P.S I can actually bake, contrary to the picture evidence

Attachments

Last edited:
I am not permitted to cook fried eggs anymore but Its too much of a ridiculous story! We have all been there though haha crispy cakes are nice though...

I decided today that I would try to bake for the first time since moving, so purchased all my ingredients and realised when I got home that I no longer own any kitchen scales. No problem thinks I, it can't be that hard to guess the quantities. I was very very wrong as the picture demonstrates...

View attachment 7524

I can't be the only one to have a cooking disaster, so share yours with the masses :)

P.S I can actually bake, contrary to the picture evidence
Looks more like something from the Quatermass Experiment :shock:

MaiBelle

Lantern Swinger
Looks more like something from the Quatermass Experiment :shock:
I had to google that...and I can confirm nothing actually exploded though there were smoking remains that had to be chipped off the oven.

Rachel - you need to share the fried egg story :p

Ah, but the houses of York and Lancaster hate each other almost as much as you lot hate the English!
I am actually a Lancastrian with an unfortunate surname, rubbing it into a Yorkshireman that they lost the War of The Roses and hence the mention of our national emblem.