convictions form

I have a couple of minor things on my record. im just unsure what im supposed to write on the form, or if I have to write them down at all.

I have a conviction for assault. i was found guilty at trial but i was admonished as the judge knew i was goaded into it. will i have to put that down? if so do i just write "assault"

Any info appreciated

I posted it here as I didnt know what section it should have been in. Im only asking for some help & information since that is one of the main purposes of the site. Some people need to get there head out of their arses

If there are any previous threads on this subject could someone please post a link. I have been looking but I cant find any & the search function aint working.

I think that's 3 grounds you'll get rejected on:

medical liability
an actual liability
& failure to notice "please write down ALL convictions" on the form your filling out

http://www.navy-net.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=10201.html

Newbies forum - FAQs top of the page.

In assessing applications for the Armed Forces, all three services' recruiting organisations are guided by the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974. In general, therefore, no applicant for the Armed Forces is eligible if they have convictions which are “unspentâ€. In the vast majority of cases such applicants are required to serve their full “rehabilitation periodâ€, reckoned from the date of conviction, before being considered for Armed Forces employment.

During the application process individuals are handed a copy of MoD Form 493—Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974: Advice to Applicants to HM Armed Forces, which details obligations to declare spent or unspent civil convictions and lists the rehabilitation periods appropriate to the sentence. Reference to MoD Form 493 is made on the Armed Forces Application Form Information and Guidance Booklet (AFCO Form 5). Inquirers and potential applicants can access information on ROA through the internet via the following link at www.lawontheweb.co.uk/rehabact.htm
I believe admonishment is equivalent to absolute discharge under English Law so your rehabilitation period will be 6 months. You are, under normal circumstances, not able to apply to join the armed forces during this time.

PERCY09 said:
I posted it here as I didnt know what section it should have been in. Im only asking for some help & information since that is one of the main purposes of the site. Some people need to get there head out of their arses
Here you go - the aims of the site...can't seem to see the word help anywhere... :lol: It does mention complete bullshit though, which is nice. :)
Aims
The aim of RR (in so far that it has one) is to provide a useful, informative and amusing site for people with an interest in the RN and RM. Contrary to duty rumour we are not promoting the overthrow of HMG, nor do we exist to toe the party line. Users can expect to find both reasoned argument and complete bullshit within our pages. It exists for all.

Polto said:
PERCY09 said:
Here you go - the aims of the site...can't seem to see the word help anywhere... :lol: It does mention complete bullshit though, which is nice. :)
Aims
The aim of RR (in so far that it has one) is to provide a useful, informative and amusing site for people with an interest in the RN and RM. Contrary to duty rumour we are not promoting the overthrow of HMG, nor do we exist to toe the party line. Users can expect to find both reasoned argument and complete bullshit within our pages. It exists for all.
Well theres plenty of bullshit comes from you.

FUCKIN TIT

PERCY09 said:
Polto said:
PERCY09 said:
Aims
Well theres plenty of bullshit comes from you.

* TIT
Nice. You'll go far. See you when you get here.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
The mong is strong in this one!!!!!!

Just when you think we've run out of them, along comes one to shake the monghunters out of there slumber.

Percy09

OK, so we are talking Scots Law here. To the best of my knowledge, when a client is "Admonished", the conviction becomes spent after 6 months.

If you read through the form you have been given to complete (Rehabilitation of Offenders) (MoD Form 493), it says that, if you are applying for certain jobs and you have a spent conviction, you should declare it. If this applies to you, declare this as a Spent Conviction.

i understand that i must list them, the form i have only has a tear off slip which must be returned, it just has a box with 4 or 5 lines on it. the problem is do i just simply write assault on the slip? or do i need to get \any kind of police report etc......... i cant remember the dates etc either