Contract of service in Aircraft Handler

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by Craigmcc96, Apr 27, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How long will the contract of service be for an aircraft handler? etcc minimum time to serve?,

And also how many holiday do you get per year?

Thanks,
    Craig :)

2. I see your after a long career then? Looking for free Royal Mail training?

Sent from my iPhone, cos the wife is using MY iPad :(

• Like Like x 2
  3. 6 weeks hols and 18 yrs service, and a years notice to Foxtrot oscar, from the, web...so loads of time for some reading. Naval Airman (Aircraft Handler)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Spot on Scouse.

Just to clarify a couple of things; the contact can be 18 years or to age 40, whichever's longer.

Earliest you can leave is at the 4 week point & you can leave at any point up to week 26. For those Aircraft Handlers who don't opt out, they need to complete Initial Naval Training (2.5 months) + NA(AH) Training (6 months) + Return of Service (30 months) + Notice to Quit (12 months) = Minimum Service 50.5 Months or 4 years, 2 months & 2 weeks.

5. If you for fill all of the above qualifications and service, you can do this

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  6. Tugg gets it right again :)

Bloody chain gang.....mutter....mumble.........

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Must confess, I had the greatest of pleasures conducting a fire exercise (with smoke grenades) in the Air Treatment Unit that fed the Chockheads Messdeck in the daytime during their off-watch. This was following a particularly "busy" night of chain-gang activities in the hangar above my bunk.

They didn't do it again.

• Like Like x 4