contarct

hi
I've been looking for awhile but I have been un able to find how long you navy contracts are?? I have my interview coming up and is this going to come up and I would like to be able to know this so could someone help please!?!?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Congratulations, you've won an answer in the competition subforum.

Ratings contracts are initially 12-years.

You can opt out (leave) at any point after serving 4 weeks, up until week 26.

After week 26, you must complete phase two branch training, 30 months Return of Service and can then submit 12 months notice to quit at any point thereafter.

Those under 18 may leave at any stage up to their 18th birthday.

Those passing for Leading Rate before serving 12 years will automatically have their contracted extended to 20 years.

Questions?

OK!!! Thanks such a good help thank you!!!! Have you got any tips for my interview that I should keep in mind or anything I could do to prepare for it?? Thanks for your help

Yeah that's probably true but I'm new here so I don't know how this works
Seriously @Mr-J3399 does have a point - Try arriving first time at the RR Home Page (same-same for ARRSE) there is a Welcome message but no guidance for a newbie on where to go or what the dickens to do next.

Some stumble along and get there in the end but perhaps our sow-chill mee-ja chappy @Ninja_Stoker could look into this site issue issue and offer a home page "Joining Instructions & Guidance" way ahead to the COs for those wanting to get ahead (...once they've visited the heads first, mind you).

Aside: "Heads?" my dear old Mum (RIP) first remarked on learning the RN vernacular, "They always seemed more like Tails to me..." Bless.

Sumo

War Hero
Bob has someone
Seriously @Mr-J3399 does have a point - Try arriving first time at the RR Home Page (same-same for ARRSE) there is a Welcome message but no guidance for a newbie on where to go or what the dickens to do next.

Some stumble along and get there in the end but perhaps our sow-chill mee-ja chappy @Ninja_Stoker could look into this site issue issue and offer a home page "Joining Instructions & Guidance" way ahead to the COs for those wanting to get ahead (...once they've visited the heads first, mind you).

Aside: "Heads?" my dear old Mum (RIP) first remarked on learning the RN vernacular, "They always seemed more like Tails to me..." Bless.
@BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Bob has someone spiked your drink again?