Contact lenses and medical?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Medic89, Feb 10, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I appear to have mislaid my letter stating the info about my upcoming medical!

Do i have to take my contact lenses out and wear my specs for my medical?
    (i cant really remember however im sure i read somewhere about taking my lenses out!)

2. Oh the irony ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. This was all the info in my letter - nothing about contact lenses. I think it is for the eye test that you should remove contact lenses, but not the actual medical - hope this helps

It is important that before attending this appointment you should discuss your past medical history with your parents/guardian to ensure you can answer any questions that the Doctor may ask. If you suffer from a medical condition that may affect your entry as listed on page 4 and 5 of the Application Form Information and Guidance Form, it is advisable to obtain written details of the condition from your Doctor and take them to your medical.

You will also be required to produce a urine sample therefore; do not empty your bladder prior to this examination. Furthermore, in order to avoid any false results, we recommend that you discontinue any protein supplements for at least one week and avoid vigorous exercise for at least 48 hours prior to examination. You should avoid loud noises (ipods, night clubs, machinery etc) for a minimum of 48 hours prior to your appointment.

If you suffer from ear wax problems, please ensure your ears are clear by visiting your Doctor or Practice Nurse prior to your appointment.

In order to verify your identity, you must bring an official document that includes a photograph. (Passport, Driving licence, Student ID etc)

You should be aware that you will be required to undress down to your underwear during this medical examination, therefore; accordingly, underwear of a modest nature should be worn.

If you would like to bring a chaperone to this medical examination you may bring a friend or a family member to accompany you.
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Eye examination letter:

5. Thanks for the replies.... I've found my letter!
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Wonderful. Did you put the contacts back in?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1