Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conspiracy, what conspiracy?

MOD's are power crazy cunts, going round deleteing threads and posts on their own personal whims or because the MoD has demanded it.

I've tried to stay outside this particular pissing contest but what's the MoD got to do with an unofficial Website? Is there something we should know about?

Purple_twiglet

War Hero
Simply put - absolutely nothing at all.

Slightly longer. Some posters have arbitrarily decided that the MOD is apparently censoring this site. Its not quite clear why though.

The problem with this sort of belief is that to dismiss it you need to prove a negative - e.g how can you actively prove nothing is going on?

slim

War Hero
Following Slim’s advice, I haven’t said a word since Saturday. I have been informed that the moderators had convened and conspired and that the thread was subject to a ‘do not comment’ edict. Probably because someone had advised them to recall that the first thing you should do when you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging! Fair enough, I will don my hat and leave.

But before I go . . .

I never intended this thread to be a war against the moderators so I’m sorry it turned out that way. Not apologizing though because they themselves have exposed their faults and shortcomings in the posts they have made.

None of the questions I raised have been answered. On the contrary, they have been met with denials, dissemblance, sarcastic insults, bullying and mendacity. When someone criticizes the hypocrisy and double standards employed by moderators they can expect more, much more, of the same in return.

(That idiot purple helmet sends me a pm about insulting posts and then publicly insults me in a post ffs).

And these are the people who set the standards for debate - as long as you don’t debate them.

Sayonara muchachos.

And yet another prolific poster fecks orf.:mad:
How many more will follow?
No good saying members leaving do not matter, it does, the site depends on member numbers to keep generating enough dosh to fund it.
Does anyone know how many members we have who actually contribute to the posts?
If it is as many as 50 or 60 I would be amazed.

Sumo

War Hero
Simply put - absolutely nothing at all.

The problem with this sort of belief is that to dismiss it you need to prove a negative - e.g how can you actively prove nothing is going on?

Do nothing, if there is no reply to a thread and no fuel for the fire it surely must go out? If the same poster wishes to keep a thread in the what’s new section with no replies it would be obvious no one else cared what they had to say?

MG Maniac

War Hero
Slim

I put it down to being like a game of uckers in the mess square. Someone up tits the board ... but sooner or later someone comes along who wants a game! Or are we all off playing Noms????

slim

War Hero
Slim

I put it down to being like a game of uckers in the mess square. Someone up tits the board ... but sooner or later someone comes along who wants a game! Or are we all off playing Noms????

Problem is MG that who will be left to play uckers if people keep getting draft chits?:eek:

Purple_twiglet

War Hero
"And yet another prolific poster fecks orf"

By prolific do you mean 'rarely posted in 7 years, and according to posting history only turned up usually to get involved in disagreements with the moderators over threads he wasnt involved in in the first place, threw abuse around left right and centre then got in a huff when anyone called him on it or met fire with fire, left in a sulk when he didnt get exactly what he wanted and who so irritated regular (i.e. non moderator users) in the last few weeks that I've had some of them contact me asking for him to be banned?

Big loss.

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I'm glad he's gone. I was getting fed up with him blaming us for his failed career through how this site is moderated and how freedom of speech has been denied. PT fucked up and admitted it and no, it's not good enough. There must be some sort of conspiracy. Power crazy moderators doing what they want with gay abandon. Sulk, sulk, post, sulk, spit, vitriol, anger, sulk.

And dull. So very, very dull.

Toodles. I might be up all night thinking about all these issues. Failing that, i'll be getting on with my life in the *real world.

*By real world i mean speaking to other MODs on Facebook or text, laughing at the loss of another member and plotting on who will be next. Jeez.

Sumo

War Hero
[QUOTE="Blackrat, post: 1217567,

*By real world i mean speaking to other MODs on Facebook or text, laughing at the loss of another member and plotting on who will be next. Jeez.[/QUOTE]

So no real life at all then, just back to the dungeon to plot your next stroke of mayhem, with your fellow conspires.

slim

War Hero
I'm glad he's gone. I was getting fed up with him blaming us for his failed career through how this site is moderated and how freedom of speech has been denied. PT fucked up and admitted it and no, it's not good enough. There must be some sort of conspiracy. Power crazy moderators doing what they want with gay abandon. Sulk, sulk, post, sulk, spit, vitriol, anger, sulk.

And dull. So very, very dull.

Toodles. I might be up all night thinking about all these issues. Failing that, i'll be getting on with my life in the *real world.

*By real world i mean speaking to other MODs on Facebook or text, laughing at the loss of another member and plotting on who will be next. Jeez.

When did PT admit to this?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Tanzi

I can assure you that I am nothing to do with defence media despite your fervent belief that I am. For your information, I moderated this thread from the comfort of my b&b bedroom while on holiday from a job which has nothing to do with defence media. I have been privileged enough to do jobs involving some challenging out of hours discussions with seniors, sometimes on media stories, sometimes on operational matters and-sometimes having the somber duty on telling them UK personnel have been killed in action. I have never been a media officer in mod though.

If you wander over to arrse, you'll see a long discussion on the specific din in question and what it involves.

The reason the thread in question was deleted was because I have a fairly intermittent connection up here, and the moderating tools are a pain to use, particularly on the iPad. Bluntly rather than waste more of my precious holiday than I needed to dealing with the inane ramblings you come up with and tidily moderating it, I just hit delete. Frankly I think it is no loss to humanity.

If you want to think there is some major conspiracy at play here then please go on. I'd suggest illuminati, the Freemasons, the UN and the creatures masquerading as women from Joanna's nightclub all play a part in this somehow. A prize of a new tin foil hat to the best conspiracy.

As for my offer, I am quite happy to step down. If it saves me from patronising pm's from people like drew feet who managed to authoritatively tell me I was an ex-regular Lt Cdr apparently (news to me!) while bragging about supposed connections they have to terribly important people then I am all for it. The fact not one of those individuals who moaned has stood up and offered to take on the job is very telling indeed.

Latest Threads