Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conspiracy, what conspiracy?

2_deck_dash

War Hero
I had prawns for scran tonight.

Really nice, I did them in a white wine butter and garlic sauce with just a hint of chopped chilli.

slim

War Hero
Gotta love messdeck lawyers. As a Scouser, I also used to think it was my enshrined right to scream indignant bollix.

As I've matured (very slowly, admittedly), I've learned that there are times when perhaps it is better to wind one's neck in, from time to time.

But are you still allowed to nick car wheels:)

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
For those inhibited RRs the original uncensored post can now be read on ROMFT
Personally I cannot for the life of me see what all the fuss was about.
It's a well written piss take............................however maybe there is more than a little truth in it;)

Oi you! See post 17. Been up for ages!

One issue I have at work is some of the projects I work on are ITAR controlled and only british nationals can see the documents etc. My boss is a sweaty and realistically he won't be able to see my work the week after next if they vote yes! He's in the No camp by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purple_twiglet

War Hero
For those inhibited RRs the original uncensored post can now be read on ROMFT
Personally I cannot for the life of me see what all the fuss was about.
It's a well written piss take............................however maybe there is more than a little truth in it;)

The original post was indeed funny, and were there not a deeply politically sensitive referendum going on this week which is seeing the media crawling all over every random social media going, and had it not been addressed to serving RNR, and then replied to by existing RNR members, and had it not looked like something that would have caused one side in the debate to potentially scream bloody murder about how the other was trying to influence the military vote, at a time when the military is being given very clear guidance about what it can and cannot say during this referendum, and this being a site which is unofficial but is seen by parts of the press as a barometer and source of direct quotes of UK military opinion (be they from serving or long retired or never served posters) on certain subjects then there wouldn't have been an issue at all. Unfortunately it was a case of great post, shame about the timing! :)

Last edited:

mikh

MIA
PT, I understand you had your reason for the action you took on the thread, I think it was a little heavy handed and it would have saved a pissing contest if it had been moved to lils or the barge, but, the MOD issuing dictats about what and where serving personnel can discuss what is the biggest constitutional change this country has seen in centuries is out of order. RR, ARRSE, E-Goat and ROMFT and I dare say a dozen other sites used by forces, ex forces, reservists and those with a vested interest are NOT acting as the UK military, they are expressing themselves as every other citizen has the right to do, and if Wee Eck and Producer of Caviar started to scream bloody murder, it would have blown up in their faces.

Oi you! See post 17. Been up for ages!

SB, Guilty of posting it on ROMFT, but I did give you a mention in thanks for posting it on ARRSE where I nicked it from

slim

War Hero
The original post was indeed funny, and were there not a deeply politically sensitive referendum going on this week which is seeing the media crawling all over every random social media going, and had it not been addressed to serving RNR, and then replied to by existing RNR members, and had it not looked like something that would have caused one side in the debate to potentially scream bloody murder about how the other was trying to influence the military vote, at a time when the military is being given very clear guidance about what it can and cannot say during this referendum, and this being a site which is unofficial but is seen by parts of the press as a barometer and source of direct quotes of UK military opinion (be they from serving or long retired or never served posters) on certain subjects then there wouldn't have been an issue at all. Unfortunately it was a case of great post, shame about the timing! :)

Not only funny but so obviously a piss take that even a Daily Mail journo would have seen through it.

RabC

MIA
It would seem that some don't mind appearing in rig and contravening these alleged rules, even if he has now left the mob. Also I wouldn't call a 2 1/2 a senior military figure but maybe it's one rule for the wardroom and one for us plebs (no change there then ;))

http://www.yesscotland.net/news/yes-support-senior-scottish-military-and-diplomatic-figures
On the plus side Wrecker we have gone from the oxymoron "Naval Intelligence" to what I can only guess is a double oxymoron "Scottish Naval Intelligence"

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
He's leaning on one of the artillery pieces that they will be getting as part of the defence divvy up should they get a yes vote!

Purple_twiglet

War Hero
I do believe the good lt cdr is retired, and it's a file photo. But is that the order of the purple haggis or the tartan thistle (first class) he has on his Mc Nos1's?

Seadog

War Hero
Not only funny but so obviously a piss take that even a Daily Mail journo would have seen through it.
Newspapers, punters, professional outrage bus passengers and the then CGS were taken in by the picture of the obviously not an "Iraqi being pi$$ed on by - obviously not - British soldiers". Journalists - some of them - are not that bright. Same goes for some people on the Internet.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I do believe the good lt cdr is retired, and it's a file photo. But is that the order of the purple haggis or the tartan thistle (first class) he has on his Mc Nos1's?

I do believe I pointed that out in my post and file photo or not, he's in rig championing the Yes vote.

Whereas I have also retired from the mob, don't pose for papers in my rig and couldn't give a toss on the vote, except if it is yes, then make a clean break without any behind doors deals being done to the detriment of us in the Sarf.

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
That's half the problem right there. Moderators who act on a whim or personal prejudice - or under the direct orders of the MOD.

1. Conflict of interest if they don't toe the line. I for one believe MOD censorship was employed.

I am convinced that this site has become more of a mong magnet than before. Tanzi; give your head a shake.

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
It would seem that some don't mind appearing in rig and contravening these alleged rules, even if he has now left the mob. Also I wouldn't call a 2 1/2 a senior military figure but maybe it's one rule for the wardroom and one for us plebs (no change there then ;))

http://www.yesscotland.net/news/yes-support-senior-scottish-military-and-diplomatic-figures

The 'YES' supporters must be absolutely desperate if they are parading good old Daisy as the informed opinion on defence issues.